• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eli Manning

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli is a lot more deserving of a hall of fame bud than Tom Brady. Brady is just a product of a system. And Brady also plays in a far weaker division. I think that has been very evident in their head to head match ups. Eli has beaten Brady every time it counts.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tumblr_mehq1wohpY1qzaoamo1_500.jpg

If you really want to impress me locate a picture of Romo with a Vince Lombardi trophy.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Eli is a lot more deserving of a hall of fame bud than Tom Brady. Brady is just a product of a system.

That's ridiculous. Brady is more than just part of a system. He's one of the best pure QBs who ever played. He's had dog crap at receiver compared to super-spoiled Peyton or Kurt Warner (who deserves to be in the top 4 or 4 of all time IMO).

But the one thing he has that no other HOF QB has is a record of cheating during his SB runs. His legacy is tainted, and that's why I'll never include him in the conversation of GOAT as far as his career is concerned. All 3 of his SB victories were win by 3 points. Cheating can easily account for 3 points.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli is a lot more deserving of a hall of fame bud than Tom Brady. Brady is just a product of a system. And Brady also plays in a far weaker division. I think that has been very evident in their head to head match ups. Eli has beaten Brady every time it counts.

huh.gif

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's ridiculous. Brady is more than just part of a system. He's one of the best pure QBs who ever played. He's had dog crap at receiver compared to super-spoiled Peyton or Kurt Warner (who deserves to be in the top 4 or 4 of all time IMO).

But the one thing he has that no other HOF QB has is a record of cheating during his SB runs. His legacy is tainted, and that's why I'll never include him in the conversation of GOAT as far as his career is concerned. All 3 of his SB victories were win by 3 points. Cheating can easily account for 3 points.

Without Bellichick, A good offensive system, Vinataris leg, cheating and a weak division what is Brady. Brady has had his share of recievers Moss, Weller, Branch, Grokoski. I can not see Brady functioning on the same level with any other team. Put Eli in his place an I would bet he has or surpasses Brady's success.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

someone must be high...high

Bulldog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Tom Brady still a HOFer after the crappy year he's having? (Rhetorical question)

Crappy year for Brady as Brady's years usually go but as it's going now it would be a damn good year for Eli. Brady's year will change when Gronk comes back. Although 5 - 1 isn't to shabby but 0 - 6, you got some splainning to do Eli.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I haven't been on these boards for long, but this is definitely one of the most ridiculous posts I've ever read.

We'll have to wait and see, but Brady is a no doubt first ballot hall of famer. Eli does not have a chance in hell of being a first ballot guy at this point.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Tom Brady still a HOFer after the crappy year he's having? (Rhetorical question)

Crappy year for Brady as Brady's years usually go but as it's going now it would be a damn good year for Eli. Brady's year will change when Gronk comes back. Although 5 - 1 isn't to shabby but 0 - 6, you got some splainning to do Eli.

How many wins does Tom Brady have in big games vs Eli?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right after Kurt Warner.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is exactly why I have always viewed Brady as nothing but hype. You don't have to agree. But an explanation or facts as to why you think Brady is more deserving. Or an opinion as to why you disagree with what I have written would help your case.

sportsfan1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli manning is still a good qb just trying to do to much imo

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you really want to impress me locate a picture of Romo with a Vince Lombardi trophy.

Romo walks by 5 of them daily at Valley Ranch

And no he does not have 1 yet but the picture would be easy to get

just saying

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard you can't spell ELITE without ELI.....

Well you can't spell ELITE without a T and and an extra E either.

sadeli.gif

Bulldog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many wins does Tom Brady have in big games vs Eli?

I would ask how many wins does Brady have over Peyton Manning in big games but that would be just as assinine as your question.

How many times has Brady taken his team to the playoff and SB and how many times has Eli taken his. If that doesn't answer your question as to who happens to be the better QB than you're beyond help. So when it comes to big games Eli doesn't hold a candle to Brady, he just gets lucky now and then.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Q&A with Eli "I forgot why I didn't want to play for S.D

One of the most entertaining things about the Eli Manning-Philip Rivers trade 10 years later is that Manning still won't admit why he was so adamant about not playing for the Chargers.

During his session with reporters today, he was pressed again but claimed that, after a decade, the memory has pretty much been scrubbed from his mind.

Here is the breakdown, presented in Q and A format:

Ten years later, what was the reason you were against it?

"I forgot, I think."

Obviously there was something, I mean, come on...

"I just can't remember, it's been 10 years. It slipped my mind."

Was it about trying to maneuver to the right organization?

"Ten years ago, I don't know. I can't remember."

There was a mystery that day, like some people said you wouldn't even put the Chargers hat on when you were drafted.

"Did I put the hat on? No? I didn't put the hat on?" "I just, my hair was feeling good that day. I didn't want to mess it up."

Earlier, Manning was asked if there was something about the city he didn't like. he didn't cite that as part of the reason, either.

"I have nothing against San Diego as a city," Manning said. "We had our rookie symposium there and besides that, we've had a few other things, I know it's a beautiful city and great weather. There's a lot of great things to it."

Manning was, obviously, booed during his first matchup against San Diego and said he wouldn't use the word "love" to describe the relationship. But, after all these years, it seems he respects them enough not to go into detail about why he chose the Giants.

Eli Manning still won't admit why he didn't want to play for Chargers | NJ.com