• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eli Manning - HOF?

Is Eli Manning a HOF QB?

• Yes

Votes: 15 26.8%
  • No

Votes: 35 62.5%
  • Too Hard To Call

Votes: 6 10.7%

• Total voters

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I'm sorry. I thought we were talking about the Hall of fame here.

Yep, I am. And using all time list stats is an amazingly stupid argument, not sure why you still don't get that.

The biggest year Johhny Unitas had was 3,481 yards. That would have placed him 23rd just ahead of Marcus Mariotta in 2016.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll probably go to the HOF, but he doesn't deserve to. Manning will ride his family's name and 'two rings' and that's what will put him into the Hall. He's certainly not going in because he's amongst the best in his own era, let alone of all time.

He's basically a healthy version of Jim Plunkett.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I'm sorry. I thought we were talking about the Hall of fame here.

Yep, I am. And using all time list stats is an amazingly stupid argument, not sure why you still don't get that.

The biggest year Johhny Unitas had was 3,481 yards. That would have placed him 23rd just ahead of Marcus Mariotta in 2016. Get it now? Comparing today's passing figures with those from the past does not work.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The biggest year Johhny Unitas had was 3,481 yards. That would have placed him 23rd just ahead of Marcus Mariotta in 2016.

Sure he played when there was only 12 games a year, and then changed to 14

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To all of the bloggers, of whom, typed that Eli Manning won't make the Hall of Fame, visit Eli's Wikipedia page and see if you'll regret your mini diatribe. It's lurid to believe that Eli won't make the HOF. Within the last 2 or 3 seasons, Eli--in my opinion--has performed like a top-5 quarterback. Moreover, Eli is an elite quarterback. Which writer(s) will subvert the fans, by excluding Eli Manning from becoming a member of the HOF? Eli will be a HOF'er when he retires.
Ok of these QBs which one would you trade for Eli? These are arguably the top 5 in no particular order except for number one.
1. TB
2. Rodgers
3. Wilson
4. Big Ben
5. Brees

Since you decided to use the last two or three years which other QBs would you rate him above that were arguably better?
Newton, Luck, Palmer, Stafford, Rivers, Winston and Ryan.
We shouldn't leave out Prescott and Carr.
Go for it. Honest answers only.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he can stay healthy 3 more years, he's going to be close to 60K yards, 400 TD's.... so even though he's a pretty middle of the pack QB, he's got counting stats for days, plus those two rings. Voters are gonna put him in fo sho.
He'll likely have 250 INTs. Yep put him in.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question

People are saying Eli won 2 Super Bowls so he should be in.... Now would you also say the same thing about Brady if the roles were reversed?

My answer - HELL NO anyone would... They'd claim that meant nothing
Tom Brady didn't win any SBs. Vianteri, Belichick, NE defense did...QBs don't win championships unless it's their team ~the haters~

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion no but do I think he will be, yes.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure he played when there was only 12 games a year, and then changed to 14

Unitas' 3481 yards was done in a 14 game season, so it still doesn't work out to 4000 yards in a 16 game season. That's somewhat irrelevant given that pure yards passing in a season isn't the end all, and Unitas is still heavily regarded as one of the truly great QB's of all time, and certainly the greatest of his era. Having said that, I don't understand your point?

Are you saying that if he had 16 games to work with, it would be an even playing field compared to today's numbers? I'm pretty sure you aren't, because anyone who knows anything about pro football has to know the rules are so heavily in favour for QB's in today's game that almost any comparison straight up is ridiculous.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unitas' 3481 yards was done in a 14 game season, so it still doesn't work out to 4000 yards in a 16 game season. That's somewhat irrelevant given that pure yards passing in a season isn't the end all, and Unitas is still heavily regarded as one of the truly great QB's of all time, and certainly the greatest of his era. Having said that, I don't understand your point?

Are you saying that if he had 16 games to work with, it would be an even playing field compared to today's numbers? I'm pretty sure you aren't, because anyone who knows anything about pro football has to know the rules are so heavily in favour for QB's in today's game that almost any comparison straight up is ridiculous.

Unitas was brought up because dk seems intent on bringing up Eli's place on the all time lists as some sort of measuring stick. I'm tired of trying to point out the obvious to him, you are welcome to try if you would like.

whiskey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,001.01
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll likely have 250 INTs. Yep put him in.

Brett Favre had over 330? Peyton Manning had 251. Dan Marino had 252. QB's who stay healthy, play most of their team's games and play into their late 30's will probably throw a lot of INT's. What's yer point?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok of these QBs which one would you trade for Eli? These are arguably the top 5 in no particular order except for number one.
1. TB
2. Rodgers
3. Wilson
4. Big Ben
5. Brees

Since you decided to use the last two or three years which other QBs would you rate him above that were arguably better?
Newton, Luck, Palmer, Stafford, Rivers, Winston and Ryan.
We shouldn't leave out Prescott and Carr.
Go for it. Honest answers only.

Highlighted guys all suck

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but I'd take Luck, Stafford, Rivers and Ryan over Eli. I not sure about Winston it's close.

That's expected

Id take Ryan, based off of this season alone

There is absolutely zero reason to ever take Stafford or Rivers over Eli....No way you can think Eli sucks, and not think those guys suck.....Rivers is a big game flop, and kills his team year after year with his late season play

Luck is overrated trash, but Id probably take him based on age alone

I like Winston, but he has a long way to go to be in any of these conversations

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's expected

Id take Ryan, based off of this season alone

There is absolutely zero reason to ever take Stafford or Rivers over Eli....No way you can think Eli sucks, and not think those guys suck.....Rivers is a big game flop, and kills his team year after year with his late season play

Luck is overrated trash, but Id probably take him based on age alone

I like Winston, but he has a long way to go to be in any of these conversations
I think Eli is an average QB, and the others are better.

whiskey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,001.01
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford is trash. He has all the physical tools to be a top-tier QB, and the pocket presence and awareness of a dried turd. Stafford will never win shit.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford is trash. He has all the physical tools to be a top-tier QB, and the pocket presence and awareness of a dried turd. Stafford will never win shit.

Word....And Im not pumping up Eli here, but to say Stafford is better because he wasn't completely dreadful finally this season...Laughable

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unitas was brought up because dk seems intent on bringing up Eli's place on the all time lists as some sort of measuring stick. I'm tired of trying to point out the obvious to him, you are welcome to try if you would like.

I'm not overly interested, but it's quite sad to think people (not accusing anyone in this thread) actually compare some of these numbers today straight up given the glaringly obvious differences in the passing game from a little more than a decade ago, let alone a half century.

Kerry Collins has more passing yards than Johnny Unitas. That is but one of about....a billion examples to show how laughable it is.