• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eli Manning - HOF?

Is Eli Manning a HOF QB?

• Yes

Votes: 15 26.8%
  • No

Votes: 35 62.5%
  • Too Hard To Call

Votes: 6 10.7%

• Total voters

whiskey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,001.01
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Eli is an average QB, and the others are better.

I agree in that I think E. Manning is pretty much an average QB. The thing is, winning those 2 SB's got him a lot of goodwill. Without those 2 SB's, he'd probably be Vinny Testaverde, bouncing around and putting up decent numbers, but ultimately ending up with 50K yards, 350 TD's, but not making the cut. With those 2 SB wins, he's managed to stay in NY, put up solid numbers in a system he's comfortable with, and maybe not flourish, but be comfortably average for a long enough time that at the end of the day he'll distinguish himself from guys like Stafford who haven't done shit in their careers except put up big garbage number without winning games.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree in that I think E. Manning is pretty much an average QB. The thing is, winning those 2 SB's got him a lot of goodwill. Without those 2 SB's, he'd probably be Vinny Testaverde, bouncing around and putting up decent numbers, but ultimately ending up with 50K yards, 350 TD's, but not making the cut. With those 2 SB wins, he's managed to stay in NY, put up solid numbers in a system he's comfortable with, and maybe not flourish, but be comfortably average for a long enough time that at the end of the day he'll distinguish himself from guys like Stafford who haven't done shit in their careers except put up big garbage number without winning games.

Spot on

Living in NY all my life, witnessing how quickly a fanbase can turn on an athlete, and all of a sudden that athlete is playing in Cleveland or somewhere, Eli bought himself a lifetime of good will with possibly just the one ring, but certainly the 2nd........They aren't mere sidenotes to his career, that separate him from the Staffords' and Rivers of the world, 2 guys surrounded through their careers with loads of talent, they are the entire story of why it separates them

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spot on

Living in NY all my life, witnessing how quickly a fanbase can turn on an athlete, and all of a sudden that athlete is playing in Cleveland or somewhere, Eli bought himself a lifetime of good will with possibly just the one ring, but certainly the 2nd........They aren't mere sidenotes to his career, that separate him from the Staffords' and Rivers of the world, 2 guys surrounded through their careers with loads of talent, they are the entire story of why it separates them

I totally agree. As I said I am a ring guy, I recognize the difference between Eli and Mathew Stafford are the rings. But I hope you have heard from enough people by now for you to realize that using Eli's stats on all time lists is really a bad argument. And once that argument has been removed the bottom line is he is simply not an elite QB by any measuring stick and certainly not a HOF QB in my opinion.

But you are right, rings carry a lot of weight as they should. So I'm not claiming my opinion will play out this way.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli does have two rings, ONE is 100% won by his defense, the other has to be the LUCKIEST SB win in history.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree. As I said I am a ring guy, I recognize the difference between Eli and Mathew Stafford are the rings. But I hope you have heard from enough people by now for you to realize that using Eli's stats on all time lists is really a bad argument. And once that argument has been removed the bottom line is he is simply not an elite QB by any measuring stick and certainly not a HOF QB in my opinion.

But you are right, rings carry a lot of weight as they should. So I'm not claiming my opinion will play out this way.

Yup, don't completely dis-agree with that opinion, we have spent much of his career pulling our hair out....Just think we will have to wait and see how voters weigh his place in history as far as stat compiling, think we just still dis-agree there

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli does have two rings, ONE is 100% won by his defense, the other has to be the LUCKIEST SB win in history.

Eli was fantastic for most of BOTH Super Bowls runs, on the road, in tough environments, playing mostly against teams heavily favored....You wanna ignore all that, and ignore game winning TD drives, and pin it all on one fluke play, be my guest.....Not to mention we can point to so many SB wins over the years, where one fluke play changed the fortunes of a team

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll never support these kinda views.
Manning had a huge role in the success both years.
Just like Aikman did on those SB powerhouse teams in the 90's

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady didn't win any SBs. Vianteri, Belichick, NE defense did...QBs don't win championships unless it's their team ~the haters~

oh this is true. That's what the haters say.

Granted Eli wouldn't have won his without that amazing catch by Tyree. With that said, he did do a hell of a job avoiding the sack

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh this is true. That's what the haters say.

Granted Eli wouldn't have won his without that amazing catch by Tyree. With that said, he did do a hell of a job avoiding the sack

I think the people labeled as "Haters" will stop giving credit to players on the Pats besides Brady, when Brady ballwashers start acknowledging he didn't win them all by himself

Works both ways

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the people labeled as "Haters" will stop giving credit to players on the Pats besides Brady, when Brady ballwashers start acknowledging he didn't win them all by himself

Works both ways

Never said Brady did. But I know that wasn't directed at me. Figured I throw that out there however.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highlighted guys all suck
Well at least we agree Eli sucks because over the past two years these QBs have out performed Elizabeth in most catagories.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brett Favre had over 330? Peyton Manning had 251. Dan Marino had 252. QB's who stay healthy, play most of their team's games and play into their late 30's will probably throw a lot of INT's. What's yer point?
It's been argues ad naseum already. The QBs you mentioned all led the league or top in most measurable stats. I don't think stats are the be all end all, as I feel most are good for FF only. But it's what people are using as a measuring stick. Those other QBs have thrown on average 2800 more passes.

Archie gets Eli in just like he got him to play in NY.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford is trash. He has all the physical tools to be a top-tier QB, and the pocket presence and awareness of a dried turd. Stafford will never win shit.
I think if Stafford was on a decent team with a winning culture, things would be a lot different. That organization has been doomed to fail for decades.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word....And Im not pumping up Eli here, but to say Stafford is better because he wasn't completely dreadful finally this season...Laughable
Stafford was better in almost every category this year. Eli beat him by two thrown TDs is the only area Eli was better in. They both lost in the WC. someone inroduced the past two years for an argument. Sorry Stafford is better.
Eli rightly so belongs in the middle tier of QBs. Never top 10. Many years nearer the bottom of the middle tier.
He'll be in the HOF and that will be a shame. If he gets in first look I'm out. Between Goodell and then Eli a firts look HOF'r I couldn't stomach it.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford was better in almost every category this year. Eli beat him by two thrown TDs is the only area Eli was better in. They both lost in the WC. someone inroduced the past two years for an argument. Sorry Stafford is better.
Eli rightly so belongs in the middle tier of QBs. Never top 10. Many years nearer the bottom of the middle tier.
He'll be in the HOF and that will be a shame. If he gets in first look I'm out. Between Goodell and then Eli a firts look HOF'r I couldn't stomach it.

Don't be sorry...Im the one that's sorry you are completely wrong.....Its ok, "Everyone is better than Eli" should be the New England Patriot Mantra....Your tears taste delicious, always will

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if Stafford was on a decent team with a winning culture, things would be a lot different. That organization has been doomed to fail for decades.

of course

If
If
If
If
If
If