• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF: Boston Celtics vs Cleveland Cavs

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too be fair, have you seen the Cavs without Lebron this century. I wouldn't call it an enjoyable product.
Well the Shawn Kemp era wasn't all that bad
kemp_ss_display_image.jpg

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instead they went to LeBron and said ‘its best to amnesty Mike so we have some cap flexibility and can stay out of the repeater category’...

And he said fine.
cap flexibility? yo uwere over the cap anyway...getting rid of mike miller gave you ZERO dollars in cap room. All it did was save Arison cash and piss off LeBron. Good call! lol

Last edited:

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember in 2014 when Wiggy was mocking Heat fans for watching our 2013 title season on DVD on repeat?

just like i remember when LeClown went back to Cleveland and WiggityWack slimed his way into here and declared that a long line of titles were coming and any and all records were gonna be crushed by them along the way...

good times...:D

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say it is sort of a must win for the Cavs because lose tonight and I can't picture them winning 4 in a row vs this Boston team. Basically lose tonight and I think the only way they win this series is in a game 7 in Boston
its almost a must win for both teams if you ask me....if the Cavs win they are in control- if the Cs win they are in control....itll be interesting to see

you are right- if they lose tonight the only way the CAvs win is if it goes 7....great post.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its almost a must win for both teams if you ask me....if the Cavs win they are in control- if the Cs win they are in control....itll be interesting to see

you are right- if they lose tonight the only way the CAvs win is if it goes 7....great post.

Thank you captain obvious. Every post I make is great

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cap flexibility? yo uwere over the cap anyway...getting rid of mike miller gave you ZERO dollars in cap room. All it did was save Arison cash.

For that season, yes, how about moving forward?

Miller was trash. Heat had 3 better current options.
It was a no brainer, just like you are.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck off. What is your problem w/ former UNLV players? First McCaw & now Joel? Why no mention of # 1 overall pick Anthony Bennett?
joel Bitonio and the new left tackle the Browns took in the 2nd round are both UNLV products i believe!

I like them

Its just funny that Riley gave Joel Anthony just a terrible terrible contract and then had to waste a first round pick to save Arison some money on the deal.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For that season, yes, how about moving forward?

Miller was trash. Heat had 3 better current options.
It was a no brainer, just like you are.

We had Battier, Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis as perimeter players. Miller was an overpriced player that was costing the Heat $18 mil (luxury tax because of his $6+ mil salary) and wasn't contributing. You have to be a complete idiot to argue in getting rid of him....oh wait, nevermind. Forgot what we're dealing with.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
joel Bitonio and the new left tackle the Browns took in the 2nd round are both UNLV products i believe!

I like them

Its just funny that Riley gave Joel Anthony just a terrible terrible contract and then had to waste a first round pick to save Arison some money on the deal.

:pound:

Someone better inform Pat Riley he has a stalker. If you ever take a trip to Miami the authorities should be notified first.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss

Any chance you are aware that Mike Miller ( hes not the brightest), got swindled out of a few million dollars and blamed the Heat?

You think maybe that had something to do with him taking parting shots way after the fact?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my whole point is that Arison was willing to pay the luxury tax- but he was not willing to pay it at a level Gilbert is

I'm not sure that's true. There is a point where an owner has to realize that it doesn't matter how much they are willing to spend if it's not going to get them the expected result. At that point, you're just throwing good money after bad.

In hindsight, amnestying Mike Miller was a mistake. But, he looked to be washed in Miami. He was 33 years old and in his 3 years, he had never played in more than 59 games. The year in Memphis was an anomaly apparently, because in the 3 years after that, he didn't play in more than the 52 he played in for the Cavs the following year.

Maybe it really pissed Lebron off, or maybe Lebron was just saying what he had to say since he and Miller were apparently friends. The point is that continuing to pay Miller what they were would have just been wasting money and hurting their already limited options to improve the roster.

Any owner that would not do the same with a top 10 talent of all time should be humiliated. Dr. Buss absolutely showed Kobe he was willing to do those things and its why Kobe ultimately stayed instead of leaving. When you have a top 10 guy of all time you dont pull back on the fringes to save a few million bucks and Arison learned that the hard way.

The difference between that and the Heat's situation, imo, is that the Lakers had viable options available to get Kobe the help he needed that the Heat didn't have and that the Cavs don't have now. Remember, when Kobe was looking at leaving, the Lakers were coming off of 3 seasons where they had missed the playoffs in 1 season and been 1st round exits in the other 2.

Last edited: