• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF: Boston Celtics vs Cleveland Cavs

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like the Heat ran into essentially the same issue the Cavs are currently faced with. They needed to upgrade the roster around him to keep him and didn't have much way to do that.

Yup. For all that pointless bravado, history looks like it's going to repeat itself in nearly the same fashion. This roster doesn't have much room to improve as the only asset is that Brooklyn pick.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are those the sites that all reported he was going to OKC the night of his amnesty, when at the same time I posted here or CBS? that he was going to Memphis?

You know how I knew that?
he told me, just like he and James knew he was gone

I remember that. You were calling it before everyone else.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but don't you get it? it's all about enjoying your team simply being a participant. course if/when LeClown DOES bolt i guess they won't even be that...:dhd:

Too be fair, have you seen the Cavs without Lebron this century. I wouldn't call it an enjoyable product.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
H

2. There was no mid level player out there that would have even made the rotation, let alone a difference.

?

Could you even imagine going to LeBron and saying this as an owner?

"LeBron- the Warriors are just soooo good. We are not going to use our mid level exception or make a trade at the deadline etc.....there is just no point- we arent going to win anyway....no mid level player is going to make a difference....instead im going to pocket a few extra million dollars-- you dont mind do you?"

lol.....that is colossally stupid. If you cant see that then you deserve the team you currently have.

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you really that dense?

You are citing/quoting the same people as saying James was pissed as accurate when Im showing you those same people ran with a story that was totally inaccurate.

See if you can connect the dots.

James left cause the Cavs won the lottery and Gilbert agreed to trade Wiggins for Love.
and because he thought Arison was cheap and was pissed because Arison saved a few bucks instead of keeping a guy who LeBron liked, and ended up being one of the best 3 pt shooters in the league and playing all 82 games the next year.

but keep lying to yourself. lol

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
could u even imagine Gilbert having this conversation with LeBron?

"LeBron- we screwed up signing Joel Anthony to that contract.....we have a first round pick we could use to take a player- or we could use it to trade for someone---but instead we are going to trade it to Boston since they will take on Anthony's contract and ill save a few million dollars. You dont mind do you? And oh yah-- can you take a pay cut so we can sign some help for you in free agency?"

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"LeBron- the Warriors are just soooo good. We are not going to use our mid level exception or make a trade at the deadline etc.....there is just no point- we arent going to win anyway....no mid level player is going to make a difference....instead im going to pocket a few extra million dollars-- you dont mind do you?"

lol.....that is colossally stupid. If you cant see that then you deserve the team you currently have.

Instead they went to LeBron and said ‘its best to amnesty Mike so we have some cap flexibility and can stay out of the repeater category’...

And he said fine.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm saving this one for this summer.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
could u even imagine Gilbert having this conversation with LeBron?

"LeBron- we screwed up signing Joel Anthony to that contract.....we have a first round pick we could use to take a player- or we could use it to trade for someone---but instead we are going to trade it to Boston since they will take on Anthony's contract and ill save a few million dollars. You dont mind do you? And oh yah-- can you take a pay cut so we can sign some help for you in free agency?"

Fuck off. What is your problem w/ former UNLV players? First McCaw & now Joel? Why no mention of # 1 overall pick Anthony Bennett?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys get it. Right now, there are 3 teams that have championship expectations (Boston has surpassed expectations and this season is a success regardless going forward). One of these 3 teams had a successful season. The other 2....failures.

That's how it works. There's no silver lining of we had a great year. No, you failed to achieve your goal. Not a hard concept to grasp.

Exactly. That's how it is at that level. During the Showtime years, the Shaq/Kobe years and the Kobe/Pau years...anything less than a title was a failure. Period.

Sure, there were plenty of fun moments and some great games and series. But at the end of the day, they didn't mean a whole lot if there was no title at the end of the season.

It was the same for the Heat for the 4 years they had Lebron. They basically had 2 successful years and 2 unsuccessful years.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and NEITHER are on your squad now. so what's your point...?

We got a ship for Believeland. It’s a new era now. They were able to flip Wiggins for Love and hopefully this Kyrie trade gets a great player or a trade for a great player. We will see.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of those weird situations in game 2 where it is a must win for both teams IMO

Not sure I agree. I think it's must win for the Celtics because they can't afford to lose HCA.

For the Cavs, if they lose tonight, they just need to hold serve on their court and they are back in the same position they were when the series started...needing to win 1 on the other teams court.

Which is something Lebron's teams tend to do.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got a ship for Believeland. It’s a new era now. They were able to flip Wiggins for Love and hopefully this Kyrie trade gets a great player or a trade for a great player. We will see.

uh kay if you say so...

hope that one 'ship can keep you warm for the years you have coming...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I agree. I think it's must win for the Celtics because they can't afford to lose HCA.

For the Cavs, if they lose tonight, they just need to hold serve on their court and they are back in the same position they were when the series started...needing to win 1 on the other teams court.

Which is something Lebron's teams tend to do.

I say it is sort of a must win for the Cavs because lose tonight and I can't picture them winning 4 in a row vs this Boston team. Basically lose tonight and I think the only way they win this series is in a game 7 in Boston