• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF: Boston Celtics vs Cleveland Cavs

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
same here in LaLa land...

what's it all mean without titles...?

You guys get it. Right now, there are 3 teams that have championship expectations (Boston has surpassed expectations and this season is a success regardless going forward). One of these 3 teams had a successful season. The other 2....failures.

That's how it works. There's no silver lining of we had a great year. No, you failed to achieve your goal. Not a hard concept to grasp.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitchell was selected after Bam was. Again, shows that franchise players aren't always in the top 3. In fact, Mitchell's the best player in this draft class (maybe Tatum can be comparable) and he was a close to mid-round pick.

I'm happy with how my team's ran. For all of Cleveland's tanking, you have 1 title to show for it - even though @TurnUpTheHeat literally pointed out an article that Gilbert was trying to build a contender. The latter is laughable considering he tried and ended up with a team that lost 26 straight games. That's a failure upon itself. Thank god for lotto balls though.

And also, my team has won playoff series without Lebron this century. You guys haven't won one since 1992. That's pathetic.
Giannis was the best player in his draft class and he went 12 I think.

you DEFINITELY dont need to be a top 5 pick to be a great player---- but the odds are MUCH MUCH MUCH greater when you are drafting in the top 5.

Kawhi was like 14th, Jimmy Butler was at the end of the first round, Draymond was a 2nd rounder. you can DEFINITELY find great players and all stars after hte lotto

its just incredibly rare.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am pretty conifdent that it pissed off LeBron James--- and whether it was the right move to amnesty him, the wrong move, or neutral--- the fact that it pissed off LeBron James is the only part of it that matters at all.

Id have doubled Mike Miller's salary and bought him a mansion next to the practice facility and hired him a chauffeur and 4 dudes that carried him to the practice facility everyday if it meant LeBron James was more likely to resign.

But Arison wanted to save a few bucks.

Well, Lebron brought Miller to Cleveland his first year AND......he did absolutely nothing. So.....what's your point? The Heat saw he was washed and got rid of him.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giannis was the best player in his draft class and he went 12 I think.

you DEFINITELY dont need to be a top 5 pick to be a great player---- but the odds are MUCH MUCH MUCH greater when you are drafting in the top 5.

Kawhi was like 14th, Jimmy Butler was at the end of the first round, Draymond was a 2nd rounder. you can DEFINITELY find great players and all stars after hte lotto

its just incredibly rare.

But it really isn't. Klay Thompson was an 11th round pick. PG13 was a mid-round 1st pick. There are other players that can be taken in the mid-1st that could become an all-star.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Richardson may be the Heat's best player next year, and he was a 2nd round pick.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyway....i gotta get some work done...lol

dont want to stay late tonight

the Cleveland Cavaliers and LeBron James are playing in the Eastern Conference Finals AND have a pick in the lotto tonight. Cant say that happens that often. LOL.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Richardson may be the Heat's best player next year, and he was a 2nd round pick.
that says more about the shittiness of the Heat then it does about Richardson. lol

how in Gods name can you have no cap space, the least draft capital i nthe league and Josh Richardson as your best player and then defend the job Pat Riley has done? it boggles my mind.

anyway, i really gotta get shit done, lol. Ive been at this for 2 hours this morning.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it really isn't. Klay Thompson was an 11th round pick. PG13 was a mid-round 1st pick. There are other players that can be taken in the mid-1st that could become an all-star.

Kuzma was 27th last season i believe. not saying the kid'll be an all-star, but good players CAN be found late in the 1st if your GM does his homework...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Lebron brought Miller to Cleveland his first year AND......he did absolutely nothing. So.....what's your point? The Heat saw he was washed and got rid of him.
geezus your stupidity is keeping me here

washed up huh? you sure about that?

Mike Miller

2013-14 Regular Season NBA Player Stats and League Leaders - 3-Points - National Basketball Association - ESPN

HE WAS THIRD IN THE LEAGUE IN 3PT PERCENTAGE THE NEXT YEAR AND PLAYED ALL 82 GAMES!!! :lol::lol::lol:

LeBron DEFINITELY didnt need that....why have a guy that is 3rd in the league in 3 pt percenage , and a friend of LeBrons? lol.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey you are absolutely right.

Its undisputable though that one of the reasons LeBron is in Cleveland and not Miami is that Gilbert is willing to spend on a level Arison never was. LeBron's ire at Arison's cheapness was common knowledge.

Hey im glad for it- without it i would not have seen LeBron win a title in Cleveland get to 3 straight, hopefully 4 straight, Finals

Plus I would never have got to see Riley get his shit pushed in and go out his final years as a loser. lol.

Do you honestly believe all the nonstop bullshit you spew? It's pathetic how you're always trying to belittle Riley. Tell me again why Danny Boy fired the best GM your Cavs have ever had? Look @ Riley's resume as a HC & GM. Now compare that to what your team has done in that same time frame.

So will you vanish before the game tips off tonight like you did for game 1? That was truely a gutless move on your part a couple of days ago.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, it doesn't matter how big the checks are that he can write. The NBA has a salary cap and because of that, the Cavs have a bad contracts that will be difficult to move.

The funny thing is wiggy doesn't understand a thing you just said.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of those weird situations in game 2 where it is a must win for both teams IMO

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am pretty conifdent that it pissed off LeBron James--- and whether it was the right move to amnesty him, the wrong move, or neutral--- the fact that it pissed off LeBron James is the only part of it that matters at all.

Id have doubled Mike Miller's salary and bought him a mansion next to the practice facility and hired him a chauffeur and 4 dudes that carried him to the practice facility everyday if it meant LeBron James was more likely to resign.

But Arison wanted to save a few bucks.

They 100% went to LeBron and he signed off on it.
Believe what you want.
James left because he felt Love/Kyrie gave him a better chance then Wade/Bosh.

And, he was correct, but please stop with the other nonsense.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They 100% went to LeBron and he signed off on it.
Believe what you want.
James left because he felt Love/Kyrie gave him a better chance then Wade/Bosh.

And, he was correct, but please stop with the other nonsense.
Mike Miller on what angered LeBron James in Miami: "LeBron thought [amnestying me] was an unnecessary change"

James was one of the first of his old teammates to reach out to Miller after he was amnestied. The two expressed their extreme frustration with the move. Miller found himself comforting James just as much as James tried comforting Miller.

A brotherhood was formed in Miami and it seemed as if they were being torn apart forever.

"It was a tough pill to swallow for both of us," Miller said. "That team went through a lot. The same thing this team is hoping to go through. You're going to have ups and downs and you grow close. For me, I had a great relationship with LeBron and still have. It was extremely difficult.

"But it also meant a lot to me to see how much they cared, specifically LeBron and those guys, that I meant so much to them. Because at the end of the day, all you have are your teammates."

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mike Miller

2013-14 Regular Season NBA Player Stats and League Leaders - 3-Points - National Basketball Association - ESPN

HE WAS THIRD IN THE LEAGUE IN 3PT PERCENTAGE THE NEXT YEAR AND PLAYED ALL 82 GAMES!!! :lol::lol::lol:

LeBron DEFINITELY didnt need that....why have a guy that is 3rd in the league in 3 pt percenage , and a friend of LeBrons? lol.

Maybe because he had Ray Allen, Shane Battier and Rishard Lewis?

All better options at that point.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh i totally agree with you. i know the NBA has a salary cap but- as you can see by the Warriors and Cavs- you can make moves to go over the cap.

Some owners are not willing to pay the luxury tax. Some owners are.

Some owners are willing to pay the luxury tax, but only to a certain extent.

Some owners are willing to pay the most luxury tax in the history of the league even if it means just a 1% greater chance at winning. Dan Gilbert is one of those guys.

There might be a couple more in the league- maybe in LA, maybe in San Fransico, maybe in New York. But without a doubt there are not 30 of them.

Oh, I agree 100% that there is a difference between what an owner CAN spend and what they WILL spend. Donald Sterling is a great example. He could have spent a lot more to put a winning product on the court, he just wouldn't.

The Lakers have shown throughout their history that they will pay heavy taxes for a contending team. So have a few others. But they all seem to have different amounts that they are willing to spend.

But you post like you think Gilbert can just outspend everybody to get whoever he wants. But because of the cap, there's only so much he can do/spend to make the necessary changes to the Cavs roster.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Miller on what angered LeBron James in Miami: "LeBron thought [amnestying me] was an unnecessary change"

James was one of the first of his old teammates to reach out to Miller after he was amnestied. The two expressed their extreme frustration with the move. Miller found himself comforting James just as much as James tried comforting Miller.

A brotherhood was formed in Miami and it seemed as if they were being torn apart forever.

"It was a tough pill to swallow for both of us," Miller said. "That team went through a lot. The same thing this team is hoping to go through. You're going to have ups and downs and you grow close. For me, I had a great relationship with LeBron and still have. It was extremely difficult.

"But it also meant a lot to me to see how much they cared, specifically LeBron and those guys, that I meant so much to them. Because at the end of the day, all you have are your teammates."

Please.
When was that said lol?

Mike is a master of bullshit.

You should have heard him on the phone that night telling everyone he could that he thought he was opting for back surgery......only reason being he thought Cavs were going to claim him.

That is 10000% FACT.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody Loves Mike

During Miller’s three years in Miami, his role would often change over the course of a season, going from seldom-used reserve in the regular season to major contributor in the playoffs. Miller rained so many 3-pointers in the 2012 and 2013 NBA Finals that LeBron James was upset when Miami decided to amnesty Miller after the 2013 championship to save $17 million in luxury tax payments. When James signed in Cleveland, he asked Miller to join him on the Cavaliers. “You can put him in the starting lineup, he’s ready to go,” James said of Miller. “You can bring him off the bench, he’s ready to go. In Miami, there were times when he didn’t play at all and he was ready to go, and you got to have guys like that on the roster in order to win. You got to have guys that don’t care about ‘me’ — it’s about the team. And that’s what he’s all about.”

Report: LeBron James Didn’t Like Pat Riley’s Angry Press Conference at Season’s End

ut he also showed some signs of discomfort and even discontent this season. He wasn’t able to hide his frustration with Micky Arison’s decision to use the amnesty clause on his friend Mike Miller. Nor with Wade’s frequent absences, made worse by Miller not being around to offset them. Nor with some of Erik Spoelstra’s strategic decisions, especially during the NBA Finals.

@TurnUpTheHeat

LeBron James was unhappy with Heat decision to amnesty Mike Miller

James lamented the Miami Heat's approach, which saved money against the luxury tax, to releasing Miller in the summer of 2013. Miller had been injury prone during his time with the Heat, but he played more games in the 2012-13 season than any year prior.

Mike Miller says Heat amnesty move triggered LeBron ire

LeBron James was angry at Miami Heat for letting Mike Miller go

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mike Miller

Mind posting the games he missed while in Miami?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kuzma was 27th last season i believe. not saying the kid'll be an all-star, but good players CAN be found late in the 1st if your GM does his homework...

No, has to be a lotto pick. There's no chance they become all-stars afterwards.