• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF: Boston Celtics vs Cleveland Cavs

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on another note.....while you guys, who have had your teams eliminated, or have had your team fail to even make the playoffs at all, debate the greatness of Dan Gilbert and LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers.....us Cavs fans have a Conference Championship Game to watch tonight..... @ChiefsLakers67 , @TurnUpTheHeat , @Heatles84 you guys remember what those are? lol......hey, at least you have some kind of rooting interest in that you get to root against the Cavs!!!! at least that should make it a little fun

@gordontrue have you heard anything on Lue and the starting lineup? Thompson? I kind of think this is as much a must-win game for the Celts as the Cavs- maybe even more so for the Celts as the Cavs.

If the Cavs win tonight I will feel very very comfortable coming home....we shall see though. I expect to see a much more aggressive LeBron and I expect the Cavs 3 pt shooters to not miss so many wide open looks.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i do think one of the funniest parts has been watching Riley try and put together a winner without a rebuild.

Honestly if he wouldve went in the tank like the Cavs did- they could have a boatload of cap space- and at least one top tier young guy like a Mitchell or Porzingis by this point- and I would be seriously worried about them.

Instead they have no hope of adding a top tier talent, no cap room for at least the next 2 summers, and the least draft capital in the league.

Having Riley tell LeBron he was making the biggest mistake of his career- LeBron going on to win a title in the greatest comeback in NBA history, and the Heat stuck in neutral, and Riley, in all likelihood going out a loser his last few years in the NBA has been incredibly entertaining.

boy, you sure neutralized Heatles point with THIS post...

...oh wait...

ust another doom and gloom story...

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand why you think what he's worth means anything. He could be a multi-trillionaire and it wouldn't mean shit because he can't get around the salary cap.

No matter how much money he has, the Cavs are still a team with bad contracts that are going to be difficult to unload.

As he puts it in regard to the Warriors, that's just how the NBA works. The cap was designed to bite. But with Gilbert no big deal. Ah the hypocrisy of fandom.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the ECF Thread turned into Cavs and Heat fans fighting over the same girl.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you could have had another one at least if Arison wasnt cheap and drove LeBron away. Well- that and the fact that I dont think LeBron liked Riley thinking Riley was more important than LeBron- but thats another conversation, lol.

I just couldnt even imagine an owner looking LeBron in the eye and saying- we are not gonna use the mid level exception since its just gonna cost me too much- when the guy is worth over 7 billion dollars. With the work that LeBron puts in to the game that kind of stuff just had to be incredibly insulting.

i couldnt imagine the CAvs, or even teams like the Lakers, Warriors, Rockets etc. ever doing something like that and squandering opportunities when you have one of the best to ever play the game in his prime on your team. You have to take advantage of every single asset, avenue to improve, opportunity at your disposal when you are lucky enough to have a LeBron James.

Arison didnt- and instead of having a blast the last few years like we CAvs fans have had- he was left with his dick in his hand and Tyler Johnson and Hassan Whiteside.

Here is just another perfect example of where you fall into the full of shit mode.

1. 30 of 30 owners would have amenstied Mike Miller. He had no role.
It wasn’t the cash from that season that even mattered. Why on earth would you start the repeaters penalty clock to keep him?

2. There was no mid level player out there that would have even made the rotation, let alone a difference.

3. None of the above had anything to do with why he left.
Its not that hard.
I’ll simplify.
The Spurs beat our brains out. Helen Keller could see it would be hard to really upgrade the roster ( sorta like the Cavs situation now).

In addition, the Cavs had just lucked out in winning the lotto.
Then the secret meeting, blah, blah, blah...

Once that happened, James was gone.

You do nothing but talk after the fact.

Maybe tell us we should have bought Apple stock 20 years ago?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ChiefsLakers67 you excited for the lotto tonight? I wonder what pick the Lakers end up in this loaded draft class.....whoever it is could be a major building block and help attract established talent.

oh yah-- they dont have their pick- they traded it for Steve Nash half a decade ago! :lol:

Magic pick up Lil' Penny for draft-lottery luck

Little Penny has NOTHING on Nick Gilbert!!!

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just the thing that Wiggy never seems to grasp. Doesn't matter your net worth whether you're worth $1 billion or if you're as rich as Warren Buffett - you still have to abide by a salary cap. Balmer's the richest owner in the NBA, why isn't he outspending the rest of the league?

He grasps it fine, when it comes to the Warriors. Homerism = hypocrisy, but ol' @WiggyRuss just takes it farther than anyone else.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is just another perfect example of where you fall into the full of shit mode.

1. 30 of 30 owners would have amenstied Mike Miller. He had no role.
It wasn’t the cash from that season that even mattered. Why on earth would you start the repeaters penalty clock to keep him?

2. There was no mid level player out there that would have even made the rotation, let alone a difference.

3. None of the above had anything to do with why he left.
Its not that hard.
I’ll simplify.
The Spurs beat our brains out. Helen Keller could see it would be hard to really upgrade the roster ( sorta like the Cavs situation now).

In addition, the Cavs had just lucked out in winning the lotto.
Then the secret meeting, blah, blah, blah...

Once that happened, James was gone.

You do nothing but talk after the fact.

Maybe tell us we should have bought Apple stock 20 years ago?
i dont care if its pure perception- i dont care if Mike Miller's only job w as letting LeBron know when his shoe was untied (even though Miller went on to have a GREAT season and would have been valuable)

what you dont get and fail to understand is that it mattered to LeBron. You pissed off LeBron to save 20 million bucks.

good call. not short sighted at all.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on another note.....while you guys, who have had your teams eliminated, or have had your team fail to even make the playoffs at all, debate the greatness of Dan Gilbert and LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers.....us Cavs fans have a Conference Championship Game to watch tonight..... @ChiefsLakers67 , @TurnUpTheHeat , @Heatles84 you guys remember what those are? lol......hey, at least you have some kind of rooting interest in that you get to root against the Cavs!!!! at least that should make it a little fun

@gordontrue have you heard anything on Lue and the starting lineup? Thompson? I kind of think this is as much a must-win game for the Celts as the Cavs- maybe even more so for the Celts as the Cavs.

If the Cavs win tonight I will feel very very comfortable coming home....we shall see though. I expect to see a much more aggressive LeBron and I expect the Cavs 3 pt shooters to not miss so many wide open looks.

that's nice...

but you're just gonna come up short again once the dust settles, so as much as it truly pains me to say it( it actually doesn't), we'll be severely underwhelmed when LeClown is left in tears again...:sadbron:

course, now that you bring it up, i guess that's a "rooting interest," wouldn't you agree...?:dhd:

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
plus you act like titles is everything...how about just watching LeBron in a Cavs jerseys? if they dont win another game this season and get SWEPT by the Celtics- how much fun was it watching LeBron hit those game winners against Toronto? How much wfun was it watching him for for 40/9/9 against hte Pacers?

are you really saying thats the equalvent of getting your brains beat in by the Sixers- and having no avenues to improve this offseason since you have the least draft capital in the league and no way to open up near enough cap room for an elite player is the same thing?

1 team wins the Finals every year---- if the fans of that team are the only team that can enjoy the season the NBA would not exist. lol.

Like i said- if the Cavs get SWEPT by the Celtics it still would have been a blast these last few weeks.

why even watch your Dolphins this year for even 1 minute? you KNOW they arent winning more than 6-7 games. Why would i watch even 1 second of a Browns game?

This I agree with. Fans (of any sport) who only go by titles and only enjoy seasons they win are pretty joyless fans IMO. They're called Yankees and Patriots fans.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his net worth means something because he has the ability to write the biggest checks in the history of the NBA....other owners are either not rich, or not motivated enough- or a combination of both.

Again, it doesn't matter how big the checks are that he can write. The NBA has a salary cap and because of that, the Cavs have a bad contracts that will be difficult to move.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the ECF Thread turned into Cavs and Heat fans fighting over the same girl.

Well, when everyone knows the ECF is as far as the East gets....

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ChiefsLakers67 you excited for the lotto tonight? I wonder what pick the Lakers end up in this loaded draft class.....whoever it is could be a major building block and help attract established talent.

oh yah-- they dont have their pick- they traded it for Steve Nash half a decade ago! :lol:

Magic pick up Lil' Penny for draft-lottery luck

Little Penny has NOTHING on Nick Gilbert!!!

yep, thanks for that pick. wouldn't have had a 1st rounder at ALL if it weren't for you knuckleheads...

so i guess Cleveland was good for something after all...:D

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bring this energy during the Finals. That's all I ask.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont care if its pure perception- i dont care if Mike Miller's only job w as letting LeBron know when his shoe was untied (even though Miller went on to have a GREAT season and would have been valuable)

what you dont get and fail to understand is that it mattered to LeBron. You pissed off LeBron to save 20 million bucks.

good call. not short sighted at all.

Not rehashing the 6 year old Mike Miller debate.
Im pretty confident in my position since I was with him the night it happened.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, it doesn't matter how big the checks are that he can write. The NBA has a salary cap and because of that, the Cavs have a bad contracts that will be difficult to move.
Oh i totally agree with you. i know the NBA has a salary cap but- as you can see by the Warriors and Cavs- you can make moves to go over the cap.

Some owners are not willing to pay the luxury tax. Some owners are.

Some owners are willing to pay the luxury tax, but only to a certain extent.

Some owners are willing to pay the most luxury tax in the history of the league even if it means just a 1% greater chance at winning. Dan Gilbert is one of those guys.

There might be a couple more in the league- maybe in LA, maybe in San Fransico, maybe in New York. But without a doubt there are not 30 of them.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i do think one of the funniest parts has been watching Riley try and put together a winner without a rebuild.

Honestly if he wouldve went in the tank like the Cavs did- they could have a boatload of cap space- and at least one top tier young guy like a Mitchell or Porzingis by this point- and I would be seriously worried about them.

Instead they have no hope of adding a top tier talent, no cap room for at least the next 2 summers, and the least draft capital in the league.

Having Riley tell LeBron he was making the biggest mistake of his career- LeBron going on to win a title in the greatest comeback in NBA history, and the Heat stuck in neutral, and Riley, in all likelihood going out a loser his last few years in the NBA has been incredibly entertaining.

Mitchell was selected after Bam was. Again, shows that franchise players aren't always in the top 3. In fact, Mitchell's the best player in this draft class (maybe Tatum can be comparable) and he was a close to mid-round pick.

I'm happy with how my team's ran. For all of Cleveland's tanking, you have 1 title to show for it - even though @TurnUpTheHeat literally pointed out an article that Gilbert was trying to build a contender. The latter is laughable considering he tried and ended up with a team that lost 26 straight games. That's a failure upon itself. Thank god for lotto balls though.

And also, my team has won playoff series without Lebron this century. You guys haven't won one since 1992. That's pathetic.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not rehashing the 6 year old Mike Miller debate.
Im pretty confident in my position since I was with him the night it happened.
I am pretty conifdent that it pissed off LeBron James--- and whether it was the right move to amnesty him, the wrong move, or neutral--- the fact that it pissed off LeBron James is the only part of it that matters at all.

Id have doubled Mike Miller's salary and bought him a mansion next to the practice facility and hired him a chauffeur and 4 dudes that carried him to the practice facility everyday if it meant LeBron James was more likely to resign.

But Arison wanted to save a few bucks.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just the thing that Wiggy never seems to grasp. Doesn't matter your net worth whether you're worth $1 billion or if you're as rich as Warren Buffett - you still have to abide by a salary cap. Balmer's the richest owner in the NBA, why isn't he outspending the rest of the league?

Exactly. If owners could just pay players whatever they want, the Clippers would be signing everybody and never lose another game.