• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF: Boston Celtics vs Cleveland Cavs

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good thing TT is one of the best bigs in the NBA away from the rim.

Best what? Defenders?
He so great that Lue/James can't decide if he should start, come off the bench, or not play at all.
Anyway, I wasn't implying Horford would score a bunch.
He's one of the better passing bigs in the game.
I meant that is Tristan is drawn from the rim he can't hang around the rim collecting boards.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Realistically though,

They have been exposed a bit by athletic teams like Boston and Indiana. They have very few desireable trade assets outside of the Brooklyn pick which they can't even trade until after the draft. That isn't a huge obstacle, but it is a complication worth noting.

Who can the Cavs package along with that pick? None of their current players, aside from maybe Love on an expiring deal are actually assets. They all take away from the value of the trade package.

That pick would have to hit 1 or 2, IMO to give the Cavs enough ammo to even discuss a trade for a star player.

Well, when you put it like that...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Gilbert keeps spending like he did on J.R. and Tristan, his hair will start falling out quicker then LeBrons.
He would have been much better served giving Griffin a few more million.
yah im sure someone worth 6.7 billion dollars is sweating the contracts of Tristan Thompson and Jr Smith. lol The Cavs are Dan Gilbert's hobby. He does this shit for kicks like me and you do fantasy football leagues.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, SL guys literally play for free.

They get a free hotel room and like $100 per day for food.

So, I could see it.

Pelicans did the Same for Boogie's bro.

But, there is zero chance he gets one of those two way deals.

Quinn Cook shows you just how valuable those types of deals can be.

The Clippers actually found 2 guys via two way deals.

That's the thing, i wouldn't want him taking a spot from someone who might actually have a chance.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah im sure someone worth 6.7 billion dollars is sweating the contracts of Tristan Thompson and Jr Smith. lol The Cavs are Dan Gilbert's hobby. He does this shit for kicks like me and you do fantasy football leagues.

I don't understand why you think what he's worth means anything. He could be a multi-trillionaire and it wouldn't mean shit because he can't get around the salary cap.

No matter how much money he has, the Cavs are still a team with bad contracts that are going to be difficult to unload.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There’s plenty out there worth more than him.
Yes, he can afford it, but he also could have easily afforded Griffen.
So, before you go throwing around comments like that, answer the question to why Griffen is gone.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand why you think what he's worth means anything. He could be a multi-trillionaire and it wouldn't mean shit because he can't get around the salary cap.

No matter how much money he has, the Cavs are still a team with bad contracts that are going to be difficult to unload.

Balmers worth 34 billion.
How’s that working out?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

his net worth means something because he has the ability to write the biggest checks in the history of the NBA....other owners are either not rich, or not motivated enough- or a combination of both.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs to bring out mega-good luck charm for NBA lottery: Nick Gilbert
Nick rose to fame (and into the hearts of Cavs fans everywhere) during the 2011 NBA Draft Lottery. He was the Cavs’ representative and good luck charm, sporting his thick-rimmed glasses and now-famous bow tie.

That night, when he was asked about his dad calling him a hero after battling all his health issues, Nick answered with, “What’s not to like?” which pretty much took off as his catchphrase.

He went on to bring good luck three more times after that. This will be Nick’s 5th appearance as the team’s rep.

And to answer his dad’s question, yes, Dan, we think that Nick can defy the odds once again!

kid definitely is a lot tougher than i will ever be.....lets hope one more time he can bring it home. @gordontrue @Shanemansj13

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@tlance you think if the Cavs jumped into the top 3 the Wiz would trade Wall for the pick? I think they would have to think long and hard about it....its been kinda clear Wall is not the type of leader that guys like playing for--- some tutelage under LeBron as a #2 would probably do him a ton of good---- but it would be a big risk for both teams. I think LeBron could teach Wall some things that he is currently lacking.

What do you think?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in fantasy baseball im 5-1 in one league- and have a ton of good players- 12 team league....I have Gary Sanchez, Carlos Santana, Alex Bregman, Mookie Betts, Charlie Blackmon, Justin Upton, Patrick Corbin, Masihiro Tanaka, Trevor Bauer, Aroldis Chapman, Edwin Diaz, Corey Knebel....

im lacking at 2nd base and 3rd base though---- have Kingery at 2nd and Maiekl Franco at 3rd......i need to shore those up....anyone have any deep waiver wire suggestions? I know its outta the realm of this section for the first part, but i am open to suggestions.....kingery and franco killed me last week and i got my first loss and its pissing me off. 12 teams there is just so little left on the waiver wire.....and guys that are left at 2nd- like Ian Happ or Ian Kinsler or Jason Kipnis---- usually decent guys- have just plain SUCKED.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his net worth means something because he has the ability to write the biggest checks in the history of the NBA....other owners are either not rich, or not motivated enough- or a combination of both.

That was his deal with LeBron.
He can’t give James the easy way out excuse.
Watch how fast he gets under the cap the moment James III happens.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@tlance you think if the Cavs jumped into the top 3 the Wiz would trade Wall for the pick? I think they would have to think long and hard about it....its been kinda clear Wall is not the type of leader that guys like playing for--- some tutelage under LeBron as a #2 would probably do him a ton of good---- but it would be a big risk for both teams. I think LeBron could teach Wall some things that he is currently lacking.

What do you think?

I would do it if it were top 2. But I doubt the Wizards would.

Who you sending with the pick? Hill I assume?

That being said though, Wall is a better player right now, but he has the same type of fit issues that Ben Simmons has with LeBron. I think you would be better off targeting Beal.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or, sold their soul to LeDevil

Billionaires became that by turning a profit.
That is their mindset.
Especially if the most they’re getting for their money moving forward at best is a runner up trophy.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was his deal with LeBron.
He can’t give James the easy way out excuse.
Watch how fast he gets under the cap the moment James III happens.
i hope the cap spending dries up- at least for 2-3 years

again- this is the part of the game that you either do not pay attention to- or are not smart enough to grasp because its kind of beyond you and your generation.

How did the Cavs get the pick that became Kyrie Irving? How did they get the first rounder from Memphis that they used to clear cap room to sign LeBron? How did they get the first round pick from the Lakers that they used to draft that russian scrub that didnt work out?

How did the Sixers acquire a ton of their picks?

How did the Lakers acquire one of their first rounders?

The Sonics/Thudner were really one of the innovators when they took on Kurt Thomas' deal for 2 1st round picks (one that became IBaka I think)

I mean- if you know your baskebtall you will know that the Cavs saved their cap space- and rented it out to the Clippers to take Baron Davis for a first round pick. Then they rented out their cap space to the Grizzlies to take on Speights and Ellington for a first round pick. Then they took Luke Walton's terrible deal, and dealt Ramon Sessions to the Lakers for a first round pick and a pick swap.

The Sixers have some ridiculous unprotected pick from the Kings becuase they did the same thing--- took on Jason Thompsons and Carl Landrys bad contracts for big time draft considerations.....Kings make insane trade just to get cap space

Its what the smart teams do....what the smart teams DONT do is sign a bunch of mediocre players to long term contracts and choke out their cap space and top out as a first round knock out like your Heat.

I think the strategy of the game honestly just zooms right above your head.

Your bad---- tank- get a top lotto pick--- but also leverage your cap space into even more assets--- hell the Lakers even do it a little bit when they took on Jeremy Lins contract from the Rockets for a first round pick. Lakers Acquire Jeremy Lin and Draft Choices in Trade with Rockets | Los Angeles Lakers

the game is chess- not checkers- but i think you are still stuck on candyland and shoots and ladders and miles and miles away from playing chess.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would do it if it were top 2. But I doubt the Wizards would.

Who you sending with the pick? Hill I assume?

That being said though, Wall is a better player right now, but he has the same type of fit issues that Ben Simmons has with LeBron. I think you would be better off targeting Beal.
i was kinda thinking that too- fit wise with Wall--- plus the attitude is a little worrisome--- Id rather have Ayton or Doncic than Beale even if they would have some growing pains. Beale honestly i think id rather have McCollum.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hope the cap spending dries up- at least for 2-3 years

again- this is the part of the game that you either do not pay attention to- or are not smart enough to grasp because its kind of beyond you and your generation.

How did the Cavs get the pick that became Kyrie Irving? How did they get the first rounder from Memphis that they used to clear cap room to sign LeBron? How did they get the first round pick from the Lakers that they used to draft that russian scrub that didnt work out?

How did the Sixers acquire a ton of their picks?

How did the Lakers acquire one of their first rounders?

The Sonics/Thudner were really one of the innovators when they took on Kurt Thomas' deal for 2 1st round picks (one that became IBaka I think)

I mean- if you know your baskebtall you will know that the Cavs saved their cap space- and rented it out to the Clippers to take Baron Davis for a first round pick. Then they rented out their cap space to the Grizzlies to take on Speights and Ellington for a first round pick. Then they took Luke Walton's terrible deal, and dealt Ramon Sessions to the Lakers for a first round pick and a pick swap.

The Sixers have some ridiculous unprotected pick from the Kings becuase they did the same thing--- took on Jason Thompsons and Carl Landrys bad contracts for big time draft considerations.....Kings make insane trade just to get cap space

Its what the smart teams do....what the smart teams DONT do is sign a bunch of mediocre players to long term contracts and choke out their cap space and top out as a first round knock out like your Heat.

I think the strategy of the game honestly just zooms right above your head.

Your bad---- tank- get a top lotto pick--- but also leverage your cap space into even more assets--- hell the Lakers even do it a little bit when they took on Jeremy Lins contract from the Rockets for a first round pick. Lakers Acquire Jeremy Lin and Draft Choices in Trade with Rockets | Los Angeles Lakers

the game is chess- not checkers- but i think you are still stuck on candyland and shoots and ladders and miles and miles away from playing chess.

Holy Christ.
I get your premise, but the Cavs, minus James havent won a playoff series since 1992.
Quit acting like they’ve played chess.
If anything, in their case, its the exact opposite.
They’ve won playing very low % BINGO.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TurnUpTheHeat maybe you can learn something!

Grizzlies get below NBA luxury tax in trade with Cavs

Lakers Trade Pick, Luke Walton To Cavaliers For Ramon Sessions

Clippers get younger by trading Davis to Cavs

again....chess--- not checkers ;)

if those trades arent made- and the Cavs dont land Irving--- and say the Cavs spent all their cap space to be an 7th or 8th seed right away---- LeBron STILL may very well be on the Heat. lol....thats what really makes me laugh my ass off

Again, BINGO, not chess.
Cavs ONLY path to sucess over these 2 James eras was predicated on them having random balls bounce in their favor.
Twice at less then 3% odds.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss
Why don’t you ever mention how many poor FA decisions that the Cavs made during LeBrons first stint there?

Isn’t that ultimately what drove him to leave?