• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF: Boston Celtics vs Cleveland Cavs

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not good enough.

His best bet in life would have been to get his free degree at UCLA.

But, his stupidity and his dad's hubris Shit all over that.

What do you think the chances are that Papa Ball runs his big mouth when LiAngelo isn't drafted?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think the chances are that Papa Ball runs his big mouth when LiAngelo isn't drafted?
tenor.gif

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vince after watching game 1.

How the hell do I write this one out.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude, tomorrow Steph Curry could sprain his ankle bad for the 87th time in his career and the Warriors would be kaput and LeBron could reign.

Tomorrow the Cavs could win the lotto and have the ammo to trade for Kawhi Leonard.

Tomorrow Klay Thompson could say- i am not signing a hugely below market extension and could plan his departure

its hard to have a good handle on what will happen a month from now let alone years from now.

When Cedi Osman becomes the next Manu Ginobili you will be sorry!!! LOL.

clearly SOMEBODY'S hoping...

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as a lakers fan i would be praying that lotto pick doesnt jump up tomorrow night, lol.....

if we get a little nick gilbert magic all the dreams of lebron leaving evaporate like morning fog.

this Lakers fan doesn't care...

stay away from my team...

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just not so sure why he's always so enamored with other men's manly parts & then takes the extra step of posting about it on a sports forum on the internet. Just come out already.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want them to beat the BRAKES off of Houston.

beat 'em like they stole somethin'...

whip 'em like government mules...

curb stomp 'em 'til they cry for their mamas...

ok, i think i'm done. wonder if my post was a bit vague...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as a lakers fan i would be praying that lotto pick doesnt jump up tomorrow night, lol.....

if we get a little nick gilbert magic all the dreams of lebron leaving evaporate like morning fog.

I don't know. I think it depends on what the Cavs do with the pick. I doubt Lebron wants to depend on a rookie to help him get past the Warriors (or for that matter, a healthy Sixers or Celtics).

Now, if the Cavs can manage to trade that pick to land another top guy, then I think he stays.

My guess would be that, wherever he ends up, Lebron will want it to be his last stop. I also think that his preference would be to finish out his career in Cleveland.

But if he doesn't think the Cavs can get him the help he needs, he's gone.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how do they improve?

Trade Love? For whom?

Trade the Brooklyn pick?
Gilbert won’t do that until LeBron commits.
Isn’t tonight the lottery?
At least the pick will be defined.

I think it all comes down to the pick, where it lands and what they do with it. I don't think Lebron is going to cast his lot with some rookie.

But, if they can package it and trade for a top level guy or even a couple of very good/dependable role players, he'll stay put.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess if he took PED's the entire time he was in Lithuania and wows someone with a workout.

He's not even invited to the draft combine.

The Lakers have the 47th pick.

But, 2nd rounders can be good when filling out your roster with cheap talent.

So, would they waste it?

I think his best outcome is signing a Summer League deal with the Lakers and hoping to latch on to a G League deal.

I'd be a bit surprised if the Lakers sign him to a summer league deal. If they did, it would probably be in hopes of shutting the Lavar the hell up by showing once and for all that the only way Gelo gets close to the NBA is with whatever courtside tickets Lonzo gets him.

Ideally, the Lakers will just continue to ignore him.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it all comes down to the pick, where it lands and what they do with it. I don't think Lebron is going to cast his lot with some rookie.

But, if they can package it and trade for a top level guy or even a couple of very good/dependable role players, he'll stay put.

Plain and simple. They need another guy that can create his own shot, preferably 2-way wing player, lije Kawhi or PG. Like you said, a rookie isn’t cutting it. The higher the pick the better odds they can put a package together to get that type of played.

Cedi, TT and a top pick could do it, at least from rumors. Maybe throw in Nance.

The fact is they have in improve the roster bc watching the Lebron having to do so much on both sides of the floor reminds me of his younger days in Cleveland. If there is someway to get Kawhi in a package it makes them title contenders and favorites imo depending on what the rest of the roster looks like

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plain and simple. They need another guy that can create his own shot, preferably 2-way wing player, lije Kawhi or PG. Like you said, a rookie isn’t cutting it. The higher the pick the better odds they can put a package together to get that type of played.

Cedi, TT and a top pick could do it, at least from rumors. Maybe throw in Nance.

The fact is they have in improve the roster bc watching the Lebron having to do so much on both sides of the floor reminds me of his younger days in Cleveland. If there is someway to get Kawhi in a package it makes them title contenders and favorites imo depending on what the rest of the roster looks like

Agree. Like I said in an earlier post, I think Lebron's preference is likely to just stay put in Cleveland. The ball will be in the Cavs court because, unless there's something behind the scenes that we don't know about, he will give them every opportunity to give him a reason to stay.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Realistically though,

They have been exposed a bit by athletic teams like Boston and Indiana. They have very few desireable trade assets outside of the Brooklyn pick which they can't even trade until after the draft. That isn't a huge obstacle, but it is a complication worth noting.

Who can the Cavs package along with that pick? None of their current players, aside from maybe Love on an expiring deal are actually assets. They all take away from the value of the trade package.

That pick would have to hit 1 or 2, IMO to give the Cavs enough ammo to even discuss a trade for a star player.

Reactions: LAD

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Realistically though,

They have been exposed a bit by athletic teams like Boston and Indiana. They have very few desireable trade assets outside of the Brooklyn pick which they can't even trade until after the draft. That isn't a huge obstacle, but it is a complication worth noting.

Who can the Cavs package along with that pick? None of their current players, aside from maybe Love on an expiring deal are actually assets. They all take away from the value of the trade package.

That pick would have to hit 1 or 2, IMO to give the Cavs enough ammo to even discuss a trade for a star player.

Unless they are getting a Kyle Lowry type who their franchise also views as a not great contract.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Realistically though,

What I find also interesting is that even with the strategy of only signing 1 year deals at a time LBJ still hasn't managed to avoid situations like this current one in relation to the Cavs roster & the limitations presented within. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he leaves - only if he leaves for a team other than LA or Philly.