• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Easy E a 49er?

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a move that you do backflips for but I like the move.

It basically doesn't cost anything and the reward far outweighs the risk.

If he makes the roster he proves he belongs and we get him on the cheap and you never know what being around our team and coaching staff will do.

If he doesn't make the roster it's not a major loss in terms of money and we're likely out a 7th round pick that would've been a long shot to make the roster anyways.

And his presence will force even more competition and make all the CBs work even harder so even if he is cut all the other CBs will be better for it. I'll call it the Dixon effect since last season he was on the way to getting himself cut but he stepped up his game due to the increased competition and fear of getting cut.

It's a conditional late round pick if he doesn't make the team TB gets no pick

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good move. i hope we're not shopping rodgers. imo this is more competition for cully which is a good move.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because one draft can not fill every hole. Baalke has drafted 1 corner higher then the 4th round (Cully) & 2 Wrs in 3 drafts. Now you may be under the impression that Jenkins will never be a good WR but those same things where said about Crabs & he proved everyone wrong last year. I hope you take a wait & see attitude with Patton since he is a rookie but maybe you expect him to post 75 catches 1100 receiving yards and 10 tds in his rookie year on a run 1st team.

We have not addressed CB in the draft really so who would you have taken at our picks if you had the chance?

I was hoping we would have traded up for Dee Milliner in the last draft. Maybe Baalke saw something in Reid that was impressive or a trade up was just going to cost too much to do. Maybe I tend to get impatient with our draft picks. I'll work on that.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want to start evaluating the future prospects of kids who haven't even done a training camp yet? Or are you including the 2011 draft (when he was GM)? If that's the case, I'll throw out Kaepernick and Smith and be very content with that answer.

If you want me to predict futures on guys like Quentin Patton before he even puts pads on in the NFL, I'm going to dismiss the entire conversation.

You said his FA has been better than his drafting lately. If the 2011 draft doesn't count, neither does 2011 FA.

What FA signings has he made in the last two years that will be great for the long term? Hell, what FA signings has he made in the last two years that will be great for the short term?

And regardless of what his title was in 2010, he was in charge of that draft. He was the one who pulled the trigger on each of those draft picks. Dismissing it because he wasn't "general manager" is splitting very fine hairs. If the title "general manager" is necessary to be credited with the success (or hung with the disappointments) of a draft, Bill Belicheck is going to lose a lot of his "genius" label, as NE doesn't have a GM.

You make some good points. I am concerned about trying to plug holes in certain positions while waiting for some players to develop. I also had hoped the 9ers would have picked up a rookie Kicker for a long term fix.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude you made one of the most ridiculous posts ive read in some time yet you are somehow trying to stick to it ...... His drafts have exceeded the FA signings
Thank you for your input. Yes ,I stick to my opinions. Sorry if that bothers you.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrible signing!!!!! PFF will probably do an in depth summary tomorrow on it

First it was a trade for a late round pick, they didn't sign him. Secondly the guy is making peanuts and has no guaranteed money. Low risk high reward. I think you are making a big deal out of nothing.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Farrar is really good at what he does, but he's also an unabashed Seahawks guy. When he's not wrtint troll pieces his work is really good.

Sando's homerism has reached new levels recently as well.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Y! SPORTS

Ha, man the hate that Jim Harbaugh inspires from the web-media is so funny to me. I'd expect this from Florio at PFT, but this kind of thing from Fatty at Yahoo is surprising.

First off, 6 Seahawks testing positive for PEDs while members of the Seahawks, and Jim Harbaugh calling out the program for turning a blind eye to the cheating of it's players is not the same as Harbaugh taking on a guy with a history. Giving someone a 2nd chance for his past mistakes with other teams, or in this case his 5th? haha, anyway, it isn't the same as ignoring that 6 of your players cheated as a Seahawk.

Bottom line, Harbaugh called them out for allowing cheaters to stay on the team. That doesn't make him a hypocrite for giving a cheater another chance.

That seems like a distinction without a difference. Harbaugh made very strong comments that put him in a tough situation precisely when something like this arises. I don't have a problem with the article.

That said, this was Baalke and not Harbaugh. The real question is if Wright makes the team.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Farrar is really good at what he does, but he's also an unabashed Seahawks guy. When he's not wrtint troll pieces his work is really good.

Oh yeah? Well that explains why his articles about the 49ers have become unreadable the last 2 years. I thought I was going paranoid with the constant anti-49ers edge to his stories.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
First it was a trade for a late round pick, they didn't sign him. Secondly the guy is making peanuts and has no guaranteed money. Low risk high reward. I think you are making a big deal out of nothing.

It's a big deal if he beats out Rogers based purely on contract size.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a big deal if he beats out Rogers based purely on contract size.

Him beating out Rogers and Rogers getting cut because of his bloated contract are two completely different things.

If Wright beats out Rogers based on play then I am more than happy to let Rogers walk.

If the front office cuts Rogers because of his salary, then I am more than happy to let Rogers walk.

Rogers isn't the future of this team and the way things look he isn't even the guy right now. He needs to be upgraded and if Wright or Nnamdi proves to be a lateral move in training camp then Rogers is gone. Simple as that.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Say Nnamdi looks good & is one of the top 3 CBs on the team. Say the Niners keep Rogers...

Could that spell a move for Culliver to FS? I really hope so.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say Nnamdi looks good & is one of the top 3 CBs on the team. Say the Niners keep Rogers...

Could that spell a move for Culliver to FS? I really hope so.

I would doubt it seeing as neither Nnamdi or Rogers has much of a future on this team and Culliver is still young.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I would doubt it seeing as neither Nnamdi or Rogers has much of a future on this team and Culliver is still young.

Well, I was just thinking in terms of 2013. They'll have the whole offseason to figure out the CB situation for next year.

I just think if the team has a bunch of CBs who are about the same caliber but have a safety (Whitner) who can't cover a check for coffee, maybe they could get some better use out of Cully at FS.

Looking at the upcoming draft, I'm seeing a lot more SS types than FS types IMO. They bring the same thing to the table as Eric Reid IMO. Maybe they just move Culliver to FS and take care of that hole (assuming Whitner doesn't re-sign of course) instead of drafting someone. His stock isn't extremely high at CB anyway, so if the league looks at him as a marginal CB and who-knows at FS, the Niners might be able to re-sign him long term for relatively cheap.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I was just thinking in terms of 2013. They'll have the whole offseason to figure out the CB situation for next year.

I just think if the team has a bunch of CBs who are about the same caliber but have a safety (Whitner) who can't cover a check for coffee, maybe they could get some better use out of Cully at FS.

Looking at the upcoming draft, I'm seeing a lot more SS types than FS types IMO. They bring the same thing to the table as Eric Reid IMO. Maybe they just move Culliver to FS and take care of that hole (assuming Whitner doesn't re-sign of course) instead of drafting someone. His stock isn't extremely high at CB anyway, so if the league looks at him as a marginal CB and who-knows at FS, the Niners might be able to re-sign him long term for relatively cheap.

I get what you are saying but that doesn't seem to be thinking along the same lines as they seem pretty set on Reid starting at FS and Whitner starting at SS. This is Whitner's last season as well so we must find his replacement too. Our DB's are looking pretty slim for next season.

It all depends on how they feel about Culliver at CB. If they believe that he may be successful at CB then there is no chance that they make that move as CB is way more important. Don't get me wrong, I think that he would be a better FS than he would be a CB, but I just don't knw that it is in the cards and I'm hoping that he can make the transition like Mathis did years ago.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree and have posted this before on a different site. It is a bit much to assume that Reid will start as a rookie. If Nnamdi can perform at a constant level ,Culliver can be moved to the FS postion. I'm not really worried about 2014 or later right now.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Failed his physical:

Last edited by a moderator:

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Failed physical huh? haha, man that is just going to make the trolls go full retard... I'm sure some of them will actually believe they influenced this outcome.

Side note: How awkward for the player and the team when this happens.

Player: Hey everyone, I'm back!
Front office: Shit, hey buddy, glad to have you?