• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Easy E a 49er?

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baalke knows talent...he has proven that as a scout. I have to question why the 9ers have to continue to pick up WR talent in the FA and Secondary talent as well. Not just for this season (WRs) but for a long time now.

Because one draft can not fill every hole. Baalke has drafted 1 corner higher then the 4th round (Cully) & 2 Wrs in 3 drafts. Now you may be under the impression that Jenkins will never be a good WR but those same things where said about Crabs & he proved everyone wrong last year. I hope you take a wait & see attitude with Patton since he is a rookie but maybe you expect him to post 75 catches 1100 receiving yards and 10 tds in his rookie year on a run 1st team.

We have not addressed CB in the draft really so who would you have taken at our picks if you had the chance?

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AJ Jenkins a star? Not bloody likely. Looney too; I could see him being good, but a star is a pretty big reach with all the good centers in the league.

Lemonier has a chance to be a star IMO.

Auto correct on my phone should have been starters.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players from the last to drafts who have a chance to be stars. AJ Jenkins, Joe Looney, Tank Caradine, Lattimore

Oh.

I don't think Tank has a chance to start. At least not this year. But I'm hoping for a big contribution from him.

Reid will start.

Psst Sick other the AJ none of these guys are starting this year. I meant in the future

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Psst Sick other the AJ none of these guys are starting this year. I meant in the future

Ah. The future.
intheyear2000.jpg

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No worries anyway....just a discussion. I hope our draft prospects will do well so the 9ers don't have to continue to pick FAs on the skilled postions.

This team is built through the draft and supplemented through FA's, not the other way around. He has been consistent with this strategy since taking over. He has avoided paying any FA's top money. You also can't judge a draft for about three years out. There's other factors to think about as well. The depth and talent level of each draft is different. For instance, hypothetically if AJ Jenkins was in the last draft, I'd hate if he was picked in that range because of the other players available. For his draft class though it's a lot easier pill to swallow.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Still reading....how would you rate our last two drafts? That was the point I was making.....not the drafts before he was the GM. Listen ,I hope all of our draft pick do well and better to make the roster. Name a few from these last 2 drafts that will be great for long term.

You want to start evaluating the future prospects of kids who haven't even done a training camp yet? Or are you including the 2011 draft (when he was GM)? If that's the case, I'll throw out Kaepernick and Smith and be very content with that answer.

If you want me to predict futures on guys like Quentin Patton before he even puts pads on in the NFL, I'm going to dismiss the entire conversation.

You said his FA has been better than his drafting lately. If the 2011 draft doesn't count, neither does 2011 FA.

What FA signings has he made in the last two years that will be great for the long term? Hell, what FA signings has he made in the last two years that will be great for the short term?

And regardless of what his title was in 2010, he was in charge of that draft. He was the one who pulled the trigger on each of those draft picks. Dismissing it because he wasn't "general manager" is splitting very fine hairs. If the title "general manager" is necessary to be credited with the success (or hung with the disappointments) of a draft, Bill Belicheck is going to lose a lot of his "genius" label, as NE doesn't have a GM.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Terrible signing!!!!! PFF will probably do an in depth summary tomorrow on it

Ibangedlolojones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying that he is a failure as a GM but can you just post that everything the guy does is gold? You never question a draft pick or a FA pick? Are you that much of a homer fan?

Dude you made one of the most ridiculous posts ive read in some time yet you are somehow trying to stick to it ...... His drafts have exceeded the FA signings

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EZ E.... back in the day, niner fan...

BPkM6VFCYAAvKJG.jpg

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I'm so pumped for training camp, football can't get here fast enough. I can't believe people don't like the Wright move. We need competition at a position that was our biggest weakness last season.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y! SPORTS

Ha, man the hate that Jim Harbaugh inspires from the web-media is so funny to me. I'd expect this from Florio at PFT, but this kind of thing from Fatty at Yahoo is surprising.

First off, 6 Seahawks testing positive for PEDs while members of the Seahawks, and Jim Harbaugh calling out the program for turning a blind eye to the cheating of it's players is not the same as Harbaugh taking on a guy with a history. Giving someone a 2nd chance for his past mistakes with other teams, or in this case his 5th? haha, anyway, it isn't the same as ignoring that 6 of your players cheated as a Seahawk.

Bottom line, Harbaugh called them out for allowing cheaters to stay on the team. That doesn't make him a hypocrite for giving a cheater another chance.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y! SPORTS

Ha, man the hate that Jim Harbaugh inspires from the web-media is so funny to me. I'd expect this from Florio at PFT, but this kind of thing from Fatty at Yahoo is surprising.

First off, 6 Seahawks testing positive for PEDs while members of the Seahawks, and Jim Harbaugh calling out the program for turning a blind eye to the cheating of it's players is not the same as Harbaugh taking on a guy with a history. Giving someone a 2nd chance for his past mistakes with other teams, or in this case his 5th? haha, anyway, it isn't the same as ignoring that 6 of your players cheated as a Seahawk.

Bottom line, Harbaugh called them out for allowing cheaters to stay on the team. That doesn't make him a hypocrite for giving a cheater another chance.

Yup. Just a way to rile up Niner fans and trolls for more web hits. The DUI stuff is even funnier to me. It's not like the Seahawks best player got busted for DUI. Oh wait he did.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Just a way to rile up Niner fans and trolls for more web hits. The DUI stuff is even funnier to me. It's not like the Seahawks best player got busted for DUI. Oh wait he did.

Ha, dammit, I fell for it again by posting a troll article meant to generate more hits.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Y! SPORTS

Farrar is really good at what he does, but he's also an unabashed Seahawks guy. When he's not wrtint troll pieces his work is really good.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It's not a move that you do backflips for but I like the move.

It basically doesn't cost anything and the reward far outweighs the risk.

If he makes the roster he proves he belongs and we get him on the cheap and you never know what being around our team and coaching staff will do.

If he doesn't make the roster it's not a major loss in terms of money and we're likely out a 7th round pick that would've been a long shot to make the roster anyways.

And his presence will force even more competition and make all the CBs work even harder so even if he is cut all the other CBs will be better for it. I'll call it the Dixon effect since last season he was on the way to getting himself cut but he stepped up his game due to the increased competition and fear of getting cut.