• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Easy E a 49er?

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Carlos Rogers - DB - 49ers

CSN Bay Area's Matt Maiocco passes along "rumblings" the 49ers want LCB Carlos Rogers to take a pay cut.

Rogers, 32, is owed $5.5 million in base salary. Yahoo's Jason Cole reported late last week that the Niners would like to move on from Rogers, but the nixing of the Eric Wright trade may have saved his roster spot. Maiocco says Rogers definitely won't be back in 2014, when his pay jumps to $6.25 million.
Source: CSN Bay Area

Jul 23 - 8:03 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Eric Wright - DB - Free Agent

49ers GM Trent Baalke isn't ruling out the possibility of signing free agent CB Eric Wright at a later date.

The 49ers traded a late-round conditional pick for Wright before failing him on his physical, so there's at least some level of appreciation there. "With respect to Eric, there’s always a possibility that he becomes a Niner at some point, it’s just not now," Baalke said. "Our medical staff wasn't convinced he was ready to be put onto the field, so we didn't pass him."

Jul 23 - 7:51 PM

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eric Wright - DB - Free Agent

49ers GM Trent Baalke isn't ruling out the possibility of signing free agent CB Eric Wright at a later date.

The 49ers traded a late-round conditional pick for Wright before failing him on his physical, so there's at least some level of appreciation there. "With respect to Eric, there’s always a possibility that he becomes a Niner at some point, it’s just not now," Baalke said. "Our medical staff wasn't convinced he was ready to be put onto the field, so we didn't pass him."

Jul 23 - 7:51 PM

From a legal perspective, Wright may also be suspended by the league for the earlier part of the season. Not that I'm saying this is going to happen, but Wright may still wind up coming back home by October if he does serve a suspension.

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the culliver injury forced their hand to bring in another corner. I hope he can come in turn his life around and stay clean.(and pick off russel Wilson several times)

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think the culliver injury forced their hand to bring in another corner. I hope he can come in turn his life around and stay clean.(and pick off russel Wilson several times)

certainly agree!

weren't they looking to add EW before Culliver's injury?

IMO they just saw a potential upgrade in him. not necessarily upgrading the #1 or #2 CB's, but potential upgrade over one or two guys?

along these lines, it hints that a few guys we did have, weren't impressing enough?

luckyluke22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I just view it as increasing the competition. Baalke and Harbaugh like the iron sharpens iron mentality, if there's an opportunity to upgrade talent they take it. If there's an opportunity to increase competition, they take it. Look at LS - I'm not sure it gets better than Jennings yet they keep bringing in competition for him. Why would the do that? My thought is it "makes you better everyday" when you have someone chomping at your heels looking to take your spot if you get ever get lazy.

What was the "lazy" dudes name again? Freddie P Something. That cracked me up!

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Baalke has long since wanted him even before he signed as a FA for the Bucs so the move isn't a surprise and he was going to make it regardless of who was on the roster.

The one thing I do like about Baalke is he trusts the coaching staff to coach guys up and I think this is a case of him seeing that Wright could be something with the right system and coaching.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I like that they didn't paint themselves into a corner... It's a small detail, that gives the front office more maneuverability down the road... Whether or not Wright proves worthy, at least the options are there...