• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eastern Conference Series Thread (Miami Heat)

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont care about his homerism, i expect it... its his broadcasting i cant stand lol..he is just terrible..

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont care about his homerism, i expect it... its his broadcasting i cant stand lol..he is just terrible..

his voice annoys me. it just does. reminds me of Walton. his voice was like nails on a chalkboard.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say that this crippled the Pacers. But it's definitely disappointing from their perspective that they lost such a close game. The Heat have to handle business on Friday for game 2. Losing homecourt in this series is more considerable then against the Bulls.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one other thing bothered me again about Spo, forget the whole sitting Birdman for Haslem thing, but why didnt we foul at the end of regulation? we are up 3. put them on the line, u keep the lead and get the ball back. dont even give them a chance to tie it.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah we really should have fouled. Once it got under 5 seconds we should have fouled.

heatmyshorts

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one other thing bothered me again about Spo, forget the whole sitting Birdman for Haslem thing, but why didnt we foul at the end of regulation? we are up 3. put them on the line, u keep the lead and get the ball back. dont even give them a chance to tie it.

That's true. A bit disappointed that the Heat wasn't more dominant. The referees allowed the physical play and did not exactly favor the home team. It makes for an exciting game nonetheless and created that clutch layup opportunity for lebron.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say I told you so but I told you so. Heat won this game by the very seat of its pants. Birdman was the winning factor. Without his 9 blocks and 16 points the Heat LOSE.

Good luck Saturday.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah we really should have fouled. Once it got under 5 seconds we should have fouled.

Only if UD would have grabbed West during that exchange with a couple seconds to go.

What it really came down to was Ray Allen mising a FT and George then hitting a 30 ft prayer.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only if UD would have grabbed West during that exchange with a couple seconds to go.

What it really came down to was Ray Allen mising a FT and George then hitting a 30 ft prayer.

Yeah West was not in a position to shoot so that was the perfect point to foul West.

George made a big 3 but Lebron really should have contested the shot as he basically had a wide open 3 because LBJ never put his hand up.

I'm so glad we did not lose this game because I would of been pissed off because we got robbed on the finals pacers possession. Cole had the ball and George Hill landed on his head but no foul was called and Wade never touched George and they call that cheap foul.

Looking ahead to G2, Bosh needs to rebound better. 2 rebounds in a game that went to OT is unacceptable....Thankfully we only lost the rebounding battle by 5.

If we keep the turnovers down and hit our 3's, I love our chances of winning tomorrow.

Spo really should go to Miller or Lewis if Battier is useless as he was last night. Battier was not hitting his 3 and West was abusing him.

I really hope we re-sign Birdman

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, Scottie would have no answer for LeBron's strength.

Talk about a random post...

You must not have watched the video. Yeah so Lebron has had problems with Paul George, but wouldn't with Pippen. Riiiiiiight. LOL

All this chat about Zo saying Pippen said Lebron would kick MJ's ass. Lebron would be Pippen's bitch.

WATCH!! This video shows Pippen could guard anyone and did. Barkley, Ewing, you name it, he could handle a big guy even with speed. So don't talk shit until you watch this. And make sure you get to the 4:15 mark. Nasty.

Scottie Pippen: Ultimate Defender - YouTube

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Paul George doesn't make that 3 pointer at the end if Lebron mans up and gets a hand in his face. Instead Lebron gives George a limp wrist slap - imagine that. lol

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah West was not in a position to shoot so that was the perfect point to foul West.

George made a big 3 but Lebron really should have contested the shot as he basically had a wide open 3 because LBJ never put his hand up.

I'm so glad we did not lose this game because I would of been pissed off because we got robbed on the finals pacers possession. Cole had the ball and George Hill landed on his head but no foul was called and Wade never touched George and they call that cheap foul.

Looking ahead to G2, Bosh needs to rebound better. 2 rebounds in a game that went to OT is unacceptable....Thankfully we only lost the rebounding battle by 5.

If we keep the turnovers down and hit our 3's, I love our chances of winning tomorrow.

Spo really should go to Miller or Lewis if Battier is useless as he was last night. Battier was not hitting his 3 and West was abusing him.

I really hope we re-sign Birdman

Wade did hit his wrist. It was the same call the Heat got earlierin the game.

Signing Birdman has tobe priority #1.

Remember when Jefe wanted to argue with me who was more valuable of a player btween UD and Bird?:lol:

As far as tomorrow. I expect the Heat to win, and in an easier fashion.
Neither team played that well yesterday, but the Heat found a way to win and that is way more devestating to Indy then it would have been Miami IMO.

Spoesltra will make the adjustments needed and our shooters will start knocking down shots. Bank on it.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller needs to see minutes over Battier right now... Too many open looks that Battier isnt knocking down that Miller, Jones, even Lewis would hit.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
after watching some of the replays, anyone see Wade was already on the court as LBJ broke for the layup. Wade was already celebrating.. not that the refs should call it, but could that have been a penalty for having 6 guys on the court?

heatmyshorts

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

Wade did hit his wrist. It was the same call the Heat got earlierin the game.

Signing Birdman has tobe priority #1.

Remember when Jefe wanted to argue with me who was more valuable of a player btween UD and Bird?:lol:

As far as tomorrow. I expect the Heat to win, and in an easier fashion.
Neither team played that well yesterday, but the Heat found a way to win and that is way more devestating to Indy then it would have been Miami IMO.

Spoesltra will make the adjustments needed and our shooters will start knocking down shots. Bank on it.

I would expect the Pacers to use Hibbert more. He will be more ahgressive on the block. One possible outcome is that Hibbert fouls out. Bosh has to rebound better and keep knocking midrange jumpers to draw Hibbert out and confuse Vogel more.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest adjustment heading into game 2 has to be Birdman seeing more minutes and Haslem seeing way less.. Birdman has a 32.7 playoff PER.. I still think Birdman should be starting at center with Bosh back at the 4. I understand Birdman brings something off the bench, but Ray Allen and Cole have been big sparks off the bench, we need our starting unit to play more efficient.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller needs to see minutes over Battier right now... Too many open looks that Battier isnt knocking down that Miller, Jones, even Lewis would hit.

Everyone that didnt play last night needs to see minutes over Battier. I have said it all season long and it could not be more true now - Shane should only play at garbagge time - That is what his role should have always been and it should be even more so now.

As for whether or not the Heat should have fouled as opposed to giving up that 3 - It is a tricky situation with the Heat -- Too many times this team has fouled the guy attempting a 3pt shot and it has proven costly. Maybe next time they consider it... Maybe the situation will be dictated by who exactly has the ball in their hands

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree somewhat. Battier/Miller are role players. Role players are somewhat inconsistent. Battier should get good minutes and opportunites.. but last night he was off and not playing well. He should have come out. Andersen, who was killing should have gotten more minutes. Spoles seems rigidly attached to his substitution patterns, to a fault. It needs to be more fluid and let the game dictate the sub patterns. but this is something alot of us have complained about for a few years now.

but hey, at least leaving battier in the game to long wsant the worse coaching move of the night. I would be sharpening my pitchfork and burning effigies of Vogel if I were a Pacer fan.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say I told you so but I told you so. Heat won this game by the very seat of its pants. Birdman was the winning factor. Without his 9 blocks and 16 points the Heat LOSE.

Good luck Saturday.

Calm down there sparky. One close game. The Heat won. We were right. Most of us here have heat in 5.. and that looks legit. Great analysis that without our players, we lose. It was Birdman game 1. Cool. Each game is different.. still the same Pacers. we still have the best 3 players in the series. Nobody on this thread though the Pacers were going to lay down and die.. we just dont think they stand a shot of beating Miami 4/7, well now 4/6.