• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Eastern Conference Finals: Miami Heat VS Indiana Pacers

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade is the favorite player of anyone who was a Miami before 2010. But this is no longer Wade's team. Wade is the #2 player in Miami, he knows it, LeBron knows it, and all basketball fans know it. Wade may be the "golden boy" in terms of winning a fan vote for favorite south florida basketball player all time... but when it comes to this Miami heat team.. Lebron has the last two finals MVPs. Lebron is the more consistent player. The offense runs through Lebron.. Wade plays off the ball most of the time when Lebron and him are out there.

Do you honestly think those MVP trophies (finas and regular season) were given to Lebron.. but should have gone to Wade? In 2011, you had a point. there was a power struggle for top dog in Miami. It didn't work out. Wade did something that was truly amazing for an alpha male athlete. he took the back seat willingly. Something I think separates him from ALOT of other athletes who I wont name *coughkobecough*

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So getting swept multiple times in the first round is okay because it isn't a big enough stage for Jordan's greatness to shine? So only the true greats get swept out of the first round. And I'm the homer? Thinking like this should cause actual physical pain.

Lebron left. So did Shaq. So did Clyde. So did Wilt. They were all leaders. To say Lebron isn't the leader in Miami is borderline retarded. Anyone who has watched more than 5 Miami games in the last 3 years knows this is Lebron's team now. You're reaching, bro.

Yes shaq left and everyone knows it was Kobe's team. Also it shows that LBJ is like shaq in this case. Shaq left his team to join another great player to win. Kobe didn't leave lakers to join Shaq.

U are starting to get it.

:laugh3: This is Wades team. He was drafted by this team and won already. Jeter is the yankees but he isn't the best player on the team. He is the leader though.

This is 100% Wades team and will always be wades team. LBJ is just Pippen(well maybe not even because Pippen was drafted by the Bulls.). See I can see Bosh leaving because Bosh wasn't a great player(good player) and to be honest he wasn't a true #1 player. Bosh at the time was a good sidekick. In this case he is the 3rd wheel and he sacrificed a lot. He lost a lot of his skills because he had to learn to play a roll.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade is the favorite player of anyone who was a Miami before 2010. But this is no longer Wade's team. Wade is the #2 player in Miami, he knows it, LeBron knows it, and all basketball fans know it. Wade may be the "golden boy" in terms of winning a fan vote for favorite south florida basketball player all time... but when it comes to this Miami heat team.. Lebron has the last two finals MVPs. Lebron is the more consistent player. The offense runs through Lebron.. Wade plays off the ball most of the time when Lebron and him are out there.

Do you honestly think those MVP trophies (finas and regular season) were given to Lebron.. but should have gone to Wade? In 2011, you had a point. there was a power struggle for top dog in Miami. It didn't work out. Wade did something that was truly amazing for an alpha male athlete. he took the back seat willingly. Something I think separates him from ALOT of other athletes who I wont name *coughkobecough*

Best player doesn't make it your team. Just ask Jeter and the Yankees. Perfect example: LBJ is like Arod(with out the Drugs LOL) and Jeter is like Wade.

Hope this helps.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade said on multiple occasions that it's Lebron's team. After they lost to Dallas, he told LBJ it is his team and he'll take a step back

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh and just for the record puru... right now.. today.. Jordan would have my vote as better than Lebron. But Jordan's book is done being wrote, Lebron's isn't. Have Lebron come back with 5 rings. 6 MVPs. 5 finals MVP. All-time scoring leader. Top 10 assist .. top 20 boards. it is all possible.

When Lebron's career is finished he will likely have scored more than Jordan. He already has more assists. He is about a year away from getting more boards ..two years from blocks. When it is said and done, Jordan may not have any statistical backing for him to be called better outside of PPG. Every other measurable stat is LeBron's. If Lebron comes back with 5-6 rings... Jordan wont be considered the greatest by a whole generation of basketball fans. Times change. Memories fade. Stats and rings don't lie. Stats will favor LeBron.. a couple of rings.. and Mike moves down a slot.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best player doesn't make it your team. Just ask Jeter and the Yankees. Perfect example: LBJ is like Arod(with out the Drugs LOL) and Jeter is like Wade.

Hope this helps.

comparing baseball and basketball is horrible. not even similar. in baseball the defense holds the ball and you take equal turns on offense... you don't run your baseball offense through a guy.. or move jeter to pitch over a-rod so you can get the defensive matchup you want on albert pujols.

try again.

popularity contest..wade may win. whose team is it? wade doesn't even play 1/4 games.

Last edited by a moderator:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U mean play with Wade to play at a discounted rate. Remember Wade will always be #1 in Miami. Thats his team.

You really are way off base IMO.

He was a FA entering the prime of his career who said that long term winning was his #1 priority.
With the new CBA lurking, they all used a little foresight.

As far as discount rate, that was required to hopefully achieve the above desired goal.

Winning is worth way more millions in endorsements, etc.. then any few that James sacrificed from his potential Heat contract, and that's not even taking into consideration Florida's no state tax law.

As far as Wades team, what does that even mean?
We all know he was here first. So what?
Wade as our best player couldn't get us past round 1 after 2006.
He smartly also recognized he needed help to achieve his championship winning goals.

Wade needs LeBron to win 10000x more than James needs him.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no clue about this game tonight. Indy can come out guns blazing like they did in game 1 or they play as they did in G5 of the Atlanta & Washington series

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got no idea either. pacers 3-0 facing elimination..at home... feels like they will come out strong. but my gut tells me there is something wrong in Indy. Something went down in that locker room.. there's a rift. I feel as strong as they looked in those elimination games.. those were against inferior opponents. Miami isn't.

I think the pacers are fragile. I think they are breakable. I think you get them into a pressure cooker and put them through some adversity, they will quit.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pressure breaks pipes... it also make diamonds. my bet, pacers are the pipes.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I called before the series started Miami in 6. I said miami would lose games 1 & 5. Hopefully im wrong and we close it out tonight.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope James comes out like it is a game 7 vs spar with them for a qtr, before he sits for 6 minutes of the 2nd.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Indy needs to blow Miami out. If it is a 4 point game going to the 4th, they will get tight and lose

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ate6y5yq.jpg

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes shaq left and everyone knows it was Kobe's team. Also it shows that LBJ is like shaq in this case. Shaq left his team to join another great player to win. Kobe didn't leave lakers to join Shaq.

U are starting to get it.

:laugh3: This is Wades team. He was drafted by this team and won already. Jeter is the yankees but he isn't the best player on the team. He is the leader though.

This is 100% Wades team and will always be wades team. LBJ is just Pippen(well maybe not even because Pippen was drafted by the Bulls.). See I can see Bosh leaving because Bosh wasn't a great player(good player) and to be honest he wasn't a true #1 player. Bosh at the time was a good sidekick. In this case he is the 3rd wheel and he sacrificed a lot. He lost a lot of his skills because he had to learn to play a roll.

Somehow, it just seems appropriate that the above was posted at 4:20.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami taking all jumpers. No attacking.