• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Eastern Conference Finals: Miami Heat VS Indiana Pacers

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: This, imo, is the 2nd worst of the 4 finals teams. At least everyone on this team knows their role on the team. On the 1st team, no one did, including Lebron and D-Wade. That 1st team made the finals by just being more talented than everyone else.

I disagree. solely because D-Wade actually seems somewhat healthy this time around. Last year against the spurs he really struggled at times and it nearly cost them dearly. He also had a few moments against OKC where he looked like a cripple.

I think this team is less talented. the role players got old in a hurry. but there is cohesion and a healthier wade to make up for it.

This team is also very very versatile now that lewis suddenly found his shot. if that continues he is a tough matchup for any team with lebron and wade slashing and him in a corner with bosh and chalmers floating around.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was actually talking with my brother in law the other night who is a heat fan about this subject of is this heat team better than the previous ones. I think the reason this team feels like it might not be as good as last year is three reasons. 1. Battier 2. Mike Miller 3. Wade

Battier for two years has been a rock for Miami. hit open 3's take charges.. solid defender. this year he looks finished. I got this weird feeling that he is going to have a huge moment or game before this is all said and done.. but games keep going by and it hasn't happened yet.

And of course we get rid of Mike Miller and his always hurt body. suddenly the dude fully recovers and plays like we thought he would when we signed him. maybe his joints get brittle in humidity?

Wade clearly isn't the DWade we had in 2011 vs the Mavs. He led that series in points, actually outscored Dirk who got MVP (rightfully so). He isn't the DWade of 2012 either. But I would say this DWade right now, is better than DWade 2013.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3: This has nothing to do with being married to Giselle. U are funny man. Keep them coming. I am laughing my ass off. Great stuff.

You don't think the fact that Tom Brady's wife makes considerably more than he does has anything to do with him taking far less money then his peers (Manning, Brees, etc.)?

If you don't, then you're completely and utterly retarded.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. solely because D-Wade actually seems somewhat healthy this time around. Last year against the spurs he really struggled at times and it nearly cost them dearly. He also had a few moments against OKC where he looked like a cripple.

I think this team is less talented. the role players got old in a hurry. but there is cohesion and a healthier wade to make up for it.

This team is also very very versatile now that lewis suddenly found his shot. if that continues he is a tough matchup for any team with lebron and wade slashing and him in a corner with bosh and chalmers floating around.

Good points. Wade does seem healthier this year. I was looking at it from a talent perspective, this team does seem a little more cohesive.

Triplexxx23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know why this would cheer me up. Makes no sense. He isn't on the Bulls. Try and follow basketball and u will know he was on the knicks this year. Keep trying u will get it soon.

:doh:

So you can go to bed tonight and dream about it cause you will never see him in a bulls jersey next year.... So enjoy the pic and try not having any wet dreams while you at it

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's significantly harder to judge if this team is better than the two previous years. I think we can all agree that this team is at least better than the 2011 version.

1) Wade is healthier. I'm not going to say Wade's better/worse than 2012/2011 as Wade has taken a back seat to Lebron, yet has had his highest PER and FG% this season.

2) Rashard Lewis is healthy in this year's playoffs. Look what he did against Indiana. Last year he was still recovering from a knee injury and really didn't see much playing time.

3) Bosh has been more consistent in the playoffs. Last year he struggled mightily, with Wade struggling during the same time frame - this would explain why the Miami vs. Indiana series was significantly closer last year than this years.

On the flip side.

1) Battier hasn't played much, or rather hasn't left his mark....hopefully yet. But he looks to be retiring at the right time.

2) Mike "Let it fly" Miller. I wish the Heat could've kept him. I figured Beasley would be able to offer a different dynamic. But he (Beas) just doesn't play defense the way that Miller does (not saying Miller is some all-NBA defender).

Just my .02

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big difference between the finals teams in 2011 compared to the 2012, 2013, and 2014 teams is a more seasoned, more mature, and supremely confident Lebron.

If this year's Lebron was on the 2011 team we sweep the Mavs or win in 5 at the very least.

Also no Bird in 2011

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Bird or Cole in 2011 as we had Big Z and Mike Bibby instead :L

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's significantly harder to judge if this team is better than the two previous years. I think we can all agree that this team is at least better than the 2011 version.

1) Wade is healthier. I'm not going to say Wade's better/worse than 2012/2011 as Wade has taken a back seat to Lebron, yet has had his highest PER and FG% this season.

2) Rashard Lewis is healthy in this year's playoffs. Look what he did against Indiana. Last year he was still recovering from a knee injury and really didn't see much playing time.

3) Bosh has been more consistent in the playoffs. Last year he struggled mightily, with Wade struggling during the same time frame - this would explain why the Miami vs. Indiana series was significantly closer last year than this years.

On the flip side.

1) Battier hasn't played much, or rather hasn't left his mark....hopefully yet. But he looks to be retiring at the right time.

2) Mike "Let it fly" Miller. I wish the Heat could've kept him. I figured Beasley would be able to offer a different dynamic. But he (Beas) just doesn't play defense the way that Miller does (not saying Miller is some all-NBA defender).

Just my .02

Battier actually been playing well in limited minutes as he's shooting 50% from 3

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the difference between the two rosters this year:

Spurs: 2013- Neal, Blair
2014- Mills

Heat- 2013- Miller
2014- Lewis, Douglas, Oden

Neal is a big loss for SA, but Mills pretty much takes his place. Blair didn't do much.

Miller is a big loss, but Lewis has been making up for him and plays better D. Oden and Douglas rarely play.