• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2023 NBA Finals: Heat vs. Nuggets

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well most of the people who picked the Heat didn’t do it to troll Denver like he did in his prediction. There’s a difference between picking the a team because you think they can win, and doing it because your team just got swept so you’re trying to “get one back at them”

Always like it when part-time NBA fans stop by the NBA threads. Great entertainment.

Your goofy crusade is all wrong. But keep on keepin' on. With each post you dig yourself into a deeper hole. And I gotta say it's funny.

The Nuggets sweeping the Lakers had nothing to do with anything. He's not a homer like that.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Translation:" I have no comeback for that". We know lol...

Rolling up on these boards DURING the season woulda given you more leave to talk smack. Lol it ain't that hard a case to crack, casual fan... :D
You mean during the season like I’ve done the last several years???? But I guess since I ain’t posting 20 posts a day every day from the start of the season until the very end I must only show up at the very end.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean why do I post a ton more in the NHL and NBA forums the exact same time every year which is right after football season ends? Gee I don’t know I wonder if there’s any correlation there with one season ending and the other 2 still going in full swing.
My meaning was pretty friggin clear, li'l fella. Quit trying to play it off...

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Nuggets sweeping the Lakers had nothing to do with anything. He's not a homer like that.

No, he’s just still pissy at me because I’ve called Kobe out for being a rapist several times and he always gets his panties in a bunch when I do. I do the same to people like Roethlisberger and yet he doesn’t seem to care when I call him out, only when it’s “his guy”

His grudge goes back years.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he’s just still pissy at me because I’ve called Kobe out for being a rapist several times and he always gets his panties in a bunch when I do. I do the same to people like Roethlisberger and yet he doesn’t seem to care when I call him out, only when it’s “his guy”

His grudge goes back years.
Lmfao seems to me YOU'RE the one holding on to that. But hey, whatever excuse you can come up with works for you, I guess...

I'll remind you that it was YOU trying to give me a hard time over a prediction, though. Not my fault you can't take it... :lol:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
->No, he’s just still pissy at me because I’ve called Kobe out for being a rapist several times and he always gets his panties in a bunch when I do. I do the same to people like Roethlisberger and yet he doesn’t seem to care when I call him out, only when it’s “his guy”

(1)His grudge goes back years.

Yeah I don't believe you.

You're not a regular in the NBA threads. You weren't around at all during the regular season. And you certainly weren't around at the start of the Nuggets title run. No posts from you in the 2nd round correct? How about the conference finals?

You're a part-time NBA fan who only pays attention to your team, which is fine.

But don't come in here and single out one person for something others have also done. I already said that, but obviously your agenda right now really isn't just about him picking the Heat to win.

1. Calling 100% bullshit on that

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I don't believe you.

You're not a regular in the NBA threads. You weren't around at all during the regular season. And you certainly weren't around at the start of the Nuggets title run. No posts from you in the 2nd round correct? How about the conference finals?

You're a part-time NBA fan who only pays attention to your team, which is fine.

But don't come in here and single out one person for something others have also done. I already said that, but obviously your agenda right now really isn't just about him picking the Heat to win.

1. Calling 100% bullshit on that

You’re right, I’m not a regular in the NBA thread, I never said I was a regular. But don’t claim I wasn’t in the season thread. I actually went back and counted and January 18 was my very first post in the thread for the season, and I ended up with 31 posts from then until the end of the regular season. Never claimed to live and breathe the NBA like some people think I have.

And I was also in every series thread for every game during the entirety of the Nuggets run. So I don’t know where where you got that I have no posts in the 2nd round or conference finals threads. But if you’d like me to count those too I will.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers had the best record in the NBA post trade deadline meaning they just happened to start the year so terribly they couldn’t make up enough ground to get placed higher. The difference between the 8 seed and the 4 seed was 3 games in the West, and before you say wow I don’t know the West was that weak, the difference between the 5 seed and the 8 seed in the East was 3 games. There was no super team this year, everyone outside of a couple teams at the top were pretty evenly matched.

Same with the Heat, this was a team that only a year ago was the #1 seed in the East and this year beat the number 1 and number 2 seeds to make it to the finals.

On paper it looks like the Nuggets had a weak road to victory but the game isn’t played on paper. Beating the teams they did only look easy if you only look at the seeding and nothing else. People trying to claim it was such an easy road are doing it to downplay Denver’s win not because it was true.
Not trying to downplay the Nuggets as they earned their title and also not their fault the West turned into the much weaker conference.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is what is being referred to:
run.
• He became the first player in NBA history to lead the playoffs in total points (600), rebounds (269) and assists (190).
Had a feeling that might have been what he meant as I had definitely heard this. Hell of a performance by him.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re right, I’m not a regular in the NBA thread, I never said I was a regular. But don’t claim I wasn’t in the season thread. I actually went back and counted and January 18 was my very first post in the thread for the season, and I ended up with 31 posts from then until the end of the regular season. Never claimed to live and breathe the NBA like some people think I have.

And I was also in every series thread for every game during the entirety of the Nuggets run. So I don’t know where where you got that I have no posts in the 2nd round or conference finals threads. But if you’d like me to count those too I will.

I don't care. Enough of this topic. Helluva run by the Nuggets, it was fun to watch. After how great Jokic looked in the playoffs hopefully they have more nationally televised games next season. Greedy Kroenke's.

You going to the parade tomorrow?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a feeling that might have been what he meant as I had definitely heard this. Hell of a performance by him.

Do you happen to remember how many people were at the Cavs parade in '16? Was talking about the Nuggets parade tomorrow with one of my neighbors earlier this morning and he asked.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care. Enough of this topic. Helluva run by the Nuggets, it was fun to watch. After how great Jokic looked in the playoffs hopefully they have more nationally televised games next season. Greedy Kroenke's.

You going to the parade tomorrow?
If I still lived in Denver I would. Unfortunately I’ve lived in Missouri the last 2 and a half years.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same with the Lakers sweep. They lost by 6, 5, 11, and 2. Only one "comfortable" win, in game 3.
He has made enough posts that most of us can tell he is a casual fan.