• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2023 NBA Finals: Heat vs. Nuggets

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I still lived in Denver I would. Unfortunately I’ve lived in Missouri the last 2 and a half years.

My bad. Hope the weather cooperates. Local news said possibility of showers at some point during the parade.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’ll notice my posting in the regular season thread increased after the NFL season was over when I had more time to focus on other sports other than Football.

Once again the NBA thread isn’t my life like it is for other people here so sorry I’m not posting 10 a day every day.
Broncos season was over in week 3 or 4 last year.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha! This thread is now a locals vs Shoobies thread.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos season was over in week 3 or 4 last year.
Congratulations on your team choking in the SB, but hey at least you have 1 from a few years prior so at least your city hasn’t been a complete dumpster fire the last half decade or so. Also congrats on your city having 3 major sports teams choke away championships within the last 18 months, keep it up.

Meanwhile Colorado is the only city to have a SB champion, Stanley Cup Champion, and an NBA champion within the past 10 years. I think the city is doing just fine even with the Broncos sucking lately. We can also add Lacrosse and College Hockey if you want but I don’t want to completely demolish you.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations on your team choking in the SB, but hey at least you have 1 from a few years prior so at least your city hasn’t been a complete dumpster fire the last half decade or so. Also congrats on your city having 3 major sports teams choke away championships within the last 18 months, keep it up.
Nobody counts MLS soccer, my guy. It’s not even a top 10 league internationally. Nobody gives a fuck. Congrats on making the Super Bowl and losing to a great team. Congrats on making the World Series and losing to a great team isn’t the “own” that you think it is. At the same time, I don’t expect better from a “fan” in a fugaze fly by night only pay attention if somebody is good sports culture that is Denver.
Meanwhile Colorado is the only city to have a SB champion, Stanley Cup Champion, and an NBA champion within the past 10 years. I think the city is doing just fine even with the Broncos sucking lately. We can also add Lacrosse and College Hockey if you want but I don’t want to completely demolish you.
Doesn’t mean shit because the fan base is a bunch of fair weather front runners with low sports IQs. Lacrosse and college hockey drops says everything.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well most of the people who picked the Heat didn’t do it to troll Denver like he did in his prediction. There’s a difference between picking the a team because you think they can win, and doing it because your team just got swept so you’re trying to “get one back at them”

lol

You think he picked the Heat to troll Denver?

He was trolling Cane...that's who he was calling fat boy.

You'd know that if what you said in post #2458 was true.

And before you try to say it is true.

You posted 34 times in the regular season thread,

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody counts MLS soccer, my guy. It’s not even a top 10 league internationally. Nobody gives a fuck. Congrats on making the Super Bowl and losing to a great team. Congrats on making the World Series and losing to a great team isn’t the “own” that you think it is. At the same time, I don’t expect better from a “fan” in a fugaze fly by night only pay attention if somebody is good sports culture that is Denver.

Doesn’t mean shit because the fan base is a bunch of fair weather front runners with low sports IQs. Lacrosse and college hockey drops says everything.
That was why I couldn't stand Donkos fans back in the day. Mothafuckas were arrogant as fuck, ESPECIALLY during the Johnny Horseteeth Elway years...

Ok, I won't say ALL of 'em were bad, but some of those clowns thought they were the friggin Cowboys...

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Keep enjoying your shithole of a city.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was why I couldn't stand Donkos fans back in the day. Mothafuckas were arrogant as fuck, ESPECIALLY during the Johnny Horseteeth Elway years......

Glad to know that’s where you Chiefs fans got your inspiration from.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep enjoying your shithole of a city.
I don’t live there. You know it’s 2023 right? Only the poor, the elderly, and the man bun wearing gentrified hipsters live in cities these days.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No but it did take what 55 years?
Close. Point is you had all that time to accumulate more, but you didn't. Oh, and let's not talk about the head-to-head...

Even when we WEREN'T getting rings we were whooping you goofs a buncha times... :lol:

71-55 Chiefs. Just sayin'...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you happen to remember how many people were at the Cavs parade in '16? Was talking about the Nuggets parade tomorrow with one of my neighbors earlier this morning and he asked.
maybe 1.4 mil?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Close. Point is you had all that time to accumulate more, but you didn't. Oh, and let's not talk about the head-to-head...

Even when we WEREN'T getting rings we were whooping you goofs a buncha times... :lol:

71-55 Chiefs. Just sayin'...

Here's a nugget of info for you.

It took the Nuggets 47 years to win a title. The longest of any team in league history.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It took the Nuggets 47 years to win a title. The longest of any team in league history.
What about teams that have never won like the Nets and Jazz and Pacers?

Last edited:

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is incorrect, the Pacers and Nets also entered the NBA in 1976 and have never won a title. They’ll be going on their 48th year this year.

Also the Clippers currently have a longer streak as they joined in 1970 and have never won a title, or even been the finals for that matter

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is incorrect, the Pacers and Nets also entered the NBA in 1976 and have never won a title. They’ll be going on their 48th year this year.

Also the Clippers currently have a longer streak as they joined in 1970 and have never won a title, or even been the finals for that matter

It technically isn’t incorrect.

But it is intentionally misleading.

They can’t say that it has taken them longer to win titles because they haven’t won a title.

So better to hold that distinction than to not have one. As is true for many NBA franchises.