• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Eastern Conference Finals: Miami Heat VS Indiana Pacers

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's about winning then Bill Russell is the greatest of all time and Jordan wouldn't even be as good as Robert Horry.

I have no problem someone saying that. Russell was a great player. Horry was a role player(that is silly for u to even mention his name. He might be one of the best role players ever.. MJ won MVPs.

Look LBJ is and will end of as a great player but I will never put him in my Top 3. Great player stay and win(MJ, Kobe, Magic, Bird). U don't run away.

Everyone knows these championships are some what a joke.

Its like Magic telling MJ and Bird to come play with him. Players want to beat the best. LBJ would want to beat Wade not join him.

Wade will have more championships.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pacers are done. I would be shocked if they played a good game. They have to be mentally shot.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to throw this out there he got swept in Finals 06-07 season.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck to miami tonight. I think u guys got it. I will try and catch the 2nd half.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one cares about that. Its about winning. MJ is the greatest player of all time and that is a fact.

Do I think LBJ is talented hell yeah but the guy ran scared and joined a power team. He couldn't lead a team so he needed someone to take that pressure off of him. That guy was wade.

Jordan had a guy that took some pressure off him as well. Jordan didn't win shit until Pippen showed up. In fact before Pippen showed up Jordan won exactly 1 playoff game. Not series. 1 game. Let that marinate. Jordan couldn't win shit until Pippen showed up. Jordan didn't have to leave Chicago.. they built a team around him. Cleveland couldn't and wouldn't. Jordan left Chicago for 2 years and they were a damn good playoff team. Lebron left Cleveland and they got the #1 draft pick 3 times in 4 years.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shoveyjoe

El Flaco
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one cares about that. Its about winning. MJ is the greatest player of all time and that is a fact.

Do I think LBJ is talented hell yeah but the guy ran scared and joined a power team. He couldn't lead a team so he needed someone to take that pressure off of him. That guy was wade.

Question: can you name me a player that won a title without a quality 2nd piece? Thanks

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to throw this out there he got swept in Finals 06-07 season.

Just throwing this out there... Michael Jordan got swept out of the first round 1985-1986 and 1986-1987.

Getting swept in the finals... or getting swept in the first round.. When you are comparing failures of conference champions vs 1st round fodder.. you lose this one.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again LBJ ran away and joined a power team. Miami is wades team. He has more championships then LBJ. That is were I feel LBJ lost his greatness. He was the one that ran away. He couldn't them to come to him. He doesn't want to be the team leader. Great ones stay and win championships for the team that drafted him and wanted him. Great players don't run away when things get tough.

In my opinion he would have to win at least 8 championships for me to put him ahead of MJ. Lets see what Labron does when he doesn't have a power team.

He couldn't get them to come play with him?:scratch:

He was in CLEVELAND. Nobody ( unless they are overpaid) CHOOSES Cleveland.

Players now choose to play with him at a discounted rate in Miami.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan had a guy that took some pressure off him as well. Jordan didn't win shit until Pippen showed up. In fact before Pippen showed up Jordan won exactly 1 play game. Not series. 1 game. Let that marinate. Jordan couldn't win shit until Pippen showed up. Jordan didn't have to leave Chicago.. they built a team around him. Cleveland couldn't and wouldn't. Jordan left Chicago for 2 years and they were a damn good playoff team. Lebron left Cleveland and they got the #1 draft pick 3 times in 4 years.

I agree but they built that team. Jordan didn't leave his team because he couldn't win or didn't leave to join a Top 3-5 player in the NBA and go to that players team.

Again thanks for helping my argument.

They were willing to build around him. He is the one that wanted those players like Williams and Jamison. Also throw in that he took less money to play for Miami. Why not stay take less in Cleveland to help your team build.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He couldn't get them to come play with him?:scratch:

He was in CLEVELAND. Nobody ( unless they are overpaid) CHOOSES Cleveland.

Players now choose to play with him at a discounted rate in Miami.

U mean play with Wade to play at a discounted rate. Remember Wade will always be #1 in Miami. Thats his team.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but they built that team. Jordan didn't leave his team because he couldn't win or didn't leave to join a Top 3-5 player in the NBA and go to that players team.

They were willing to build around him. He is the one that wanted those players like Williams and Jamison. Also throw in that he took less money to play for Miami. Why not stay take less in Cleveland to help your team build.

Let's be real now. Jordan didn't leave the Bulls back then because Free Agency wasn't like it is today.

The man was a Free Agent and he chose the best option for his career. Who cares? People act like staying with one franchise is something every player must do. Just about every top player in this era been on multiple teams. Sooner or later Durant & Westbrook will probably go to other teams as well.

I never seen a player get criticize so much because as a Free Agent he chose to the team that presented him with the best opportunity to win. I rather a player like him over a player who is money first and doesn't give a damn about team success

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lebron didn't draft all those busts in Cleveland. Lebron didn't let boozer walk out the door for nothing. Lebron got cursed by Cleveland. he gave them 8 years... where was his pippen? where was his kobe? wasn't there. so the young man took it upon himself and built a super power team, and you view this as a negative.

enjoy the game tonight. just realize that when Miami wins.. Lebron just accomplished something Jordan never could. 4 straight NBA finals

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just throwing this out there... Michael Jordan got swept out of the first round 1985-1986 and 1986-1987.

Getting swept in the finals... or getting swept in the first round.. When you are comparing failures of conference champions vs 1st round fodder.. you lose this one.

Because when you make it to the big stage your greatness is suppose to shine. Look u are a homer and just became a Miami fan so u don't know what great basketball players look like.

Him leaving Cleveland showed he couldn't be the leader. Everyone knows that. He ran away. He even admitted that he couldn't deal with the pressure and needed someone else great. He didn't want to be the man. He cared about winning. He said that many times when he signed with Miami. He knows thats Wades team.

Look if he won in cleveland and then left I can understand. If u are a great player u don't ditch your team when that team needs u the most(unless u are old and just looking for a championship like Allen or Garnett.) These players knew time was running out and they tried their best with their own team. They wanted to win before it was all said and done. Difference between them and LBJ, those 2 aren't Greatest kind of players. They are very good and HOF players but not Top 10 great.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron didn't draft all those busts in Cleveland. Lebron didn't let boozer walk out the door for nothing. Lebron got cursed by Cleveland. he gave them 8 years... where was his pippen? where was his kobe? wasn't there. so the young man took it upon himself and built a super power team, and you view this as a negative.

enjoy the game tonight. just realize that when Miami wins.. Lebron just accomplished something Jordan never could. 4 straight NBA finals

I do view it as a negative. Positive for Wade.

And I said Congrats to Miami. I agree its a nice thing even in a weak NBA right now. Hard to do know matter what. I give them credit. I just give more credit to Wade because its his team. If they win he will have 4 rings.

Im going to try and watch the game. I should at least get to watch 4th Q. I think u guys got it.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Wade, but make no mistake about it, this team is Lebrons. No questions asked.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be real now. Jordan didn't leave the Bulls back then because Free Agency wasn't like it is today.

The man was a Free Agent and he chose the best option for his career. Who cares? People act like staying with one franchise is something every player must do. Just about every top player in this era been on multiple teams. Sooner or later Durant & Westbrook will probably go to other teams as well.

I never seen a player get criticize so much because as a Free Agent he chose to the team that presented him with the best opportunity to win. I rather a player like him over a player who is money first and doesn't give a damn about team success

U make it sound like Cleveland was garbage. They made it to the Championship. Its not like he was on a team that didn't make the playoffs.

The best want to beat the best, not join them. Wade was a smart man and he con LBJ to leave his legacy behind. I give Wade a lot of credit.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Wade, but make no mistake about it, this team is Lebrons. No questions asked.

:laugh3: That just made my night. This is wades team and will always be wades team. This is a team that drafted him and won a championship with before NBA screwed up and let this power team together were now no team can't match because of the new rules.

Come on man. Be a true fan and at least admit that Wade is Miami's golden boy. If not then u are a fake fan and to honest u suck at a fan to turn on Wade for LBJ. Wade earned that.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because when you make it to the big stage your greatness is suppose to shine. Look u are a homer and just became a Miami fan so u don't know what great basketball players look like.

Him leaving Cleveland showed he couldn't be the leader. Everyone knows that. He ran away. He even admitted that he couldn't deal with the pressure and needed someone else great. He didn't want to be the man. He cared about winning. He said that many times when he signed with Miami. He knows thats Wades team.

Look if he won in cleveland and then left I can understand. If u are a great player u don't ditch your team when that team needs u the most(unless u are old and just looking for a championship like Allen or Garnett.) These players knew time was running out and they tried their best with their own team. They wanted to win before it was all said and done. Difference between them and LBJ, those 2 aren't Greatest kind of players. They are very good and HOF players but not Top 10 great.

So getting swept multiple times in the first round is okay because it isn't a big enough stage for Jordan's greatness to shine? So only the true greats get swept out of the first round. And I'm the homer? Thinking like this should cause actual physical pain.

Lebron left. So did Shaq. So did Clyde. So did Wilt. They were all leaders. To say Lebron isn't the leader in Miami is borderline retarded. Anyone who has watched more than 5 Miami games in the last 3 years knows this is Lebron's team now. You're reaching, bro.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok guys got to go, Have fun watching the game and Congrats to making it to the finals again. I will try and be on for the 2nd half. Maybe I will get lucky and watch some of the 1st.

Prediction: Miami 98 Pacers 83. Blow out city coming. Pacers are shot mentally.