• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Eastern Conference Finals: Miami Heat VS Indiana Pacers

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, Bosh DID start out the game by jacking up treys. don't know if that was part of the game plan or not...

as far as Hibbert's D i'm just as critical as you are on the guy when he fails to produce, but i have to give the man credit today. he played very well...

As I said before his D had nothing to do with Bosh poor game today because he is too lazy to guard Bosh which is why Bosh will continue to get open looks all game long throughout the series as long as Hibbert is guarding him.

Another thing I'll do if I'm Spo is if Indy really wants to place West on Ray Allen, I would run double screens for Allen every single possession that West is guarding him just to wear him out

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something that just occurred to me. In spite of how passive the Heat were on offense and with all of the credit folks are giving the Pacers defense, the Heat still scored 96 points. They did this with Bosh and Chalmers contributing next to nothing.

The Pacers may want to look at how they played defensively. Maybe it was a case of lapsing a bit on defense because they had a big lead, but if not, that could be a problem because I don't see the Pacers scoring 107 points on the Heat again.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said before his D had nothing to do with Bosh poor game today because he is too lazy to guard Bosh which is why Bosh will continue to get open looks all game long throughout the series as long as Hibbert is guarding him.

Another thing I'll do if I'm Spo is if Indy really wants to place West on Ray Allen, I would run double screens for Allen every single possession that West is guarding him just to wear him out

i see what you're saying. maybe it was to keep Hibbert away from the basket? i'm guessing that might've been part of it...

i agree that Bosh'll probably get open looks if he keeps hanging around the perimeter. guess we'll see how much effect that has going forward...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Battier said 96 points is usually good enough to win in Indy which is true. As I stated before Miami had plenty of wide open looks which they just missed. If Indy plans on giving Bosh, Allen, Chalmers, and etc those same open looks on tuesday, Miami will win

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something that just occurred to me. In spite of how passive the Heat were on offense and with all of the credit folks are giving the Pacers defense, the Heat still scored 96 points. They did this with Bosh and Chalmers contributing next to nothing.

The Pacers may want to look at how they played defensively. Maybe it was a case of lapsing a bit on defense because they had a big lead, but if not, that could be a problem because I don't see the Pacers scoring 107 points on the Heat again.

it's a good point. dropping 107 generally AIN'T the Pacers. guessing game 2'll be a lot closer, because the Heat DON'T want to go back to Miami down 2 games...

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, Bosh DID start out the game by jacking up treys. don't know if that was part of the game plan or not...

as far as Hibbert's D i'm just as critical as you are on the guy when he fails to produce, but i have to give the man credit today. he played very well...

I have to agree with CL67. It's a law of averages, Bosh was nailing 3's against the likes of the Bobcat and the Nets. The Pacers, as much as I hate them, is a different beast.

I also don't understand why Spoelstra still decides to use Battier against Indiana. He gets torn up by West and/or Paul George everytime he's put in.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Late to party I didn't see a lot of talk about MIA shooting 6-23 from 3p. 1st that is far too many 3s, which a lot were jacked up late to try an catch up but they shot that 3 ball horribly. That is not going to continue.

-Next UD played less than that number of minutes that makes the Heat undefeated against IND...18 I believe.

-Finally...NBA refs gonna make me stop watching sports. Long story but games that the horrible reffing can be a story line in so many games makes me disinterested. That doesn't mean I won't be betting, just not watching.

CL and turnup, you guys mind taking that to Heat Haters? This thread is a series thread. Pretty sure the OP would appreciate it.

Been gone and didnt read whole thread but....

That kind of action by mods needs to be taken much more often.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree with CL67. It's a law of averages, Bosh was nailing 3's against the likes of the Bobcat and the Nets. The Pacers, as much as I hate them, is a different beast.

I also don't understand why Spoelstra still decides to use Battier against Indiana. He gets torn up by West and/or Paul George everytime he's put in.

then you, me AND punchline agree this was a questionable move before the game...

imo Spo should've used Haslem much earlier. it isn't like he's made Hibbert's life difficult already...

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The only thing I can think of is that Spo is out leveling himself. It is a poker term, probably used else where. Basically Spo is trying to beat Pop's ghost while his team is playing Vogel.

Maybe he is seeing what Vogel has to offer while he sizes up Vogel before releasing his strategy? That seems stupid to size up an opponent you have played so much but I am not getting paid or taught by the great Riley so....carry on and stop fucking up.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Spo realized how dumb the move was as he started Haslem in the 2nd half and he still screwed that up because you should put Haslem on the better scorer of West & Hibbert as Bosh was containing Hibbert pretty much but he put UD on Hibbert instead of on West

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then you, me AND punchline agree this was a questionable move before the game...

imo Spo should've used Haslem much earlier. it isn't like he's made Hibbert's life difficult already...

:shocked:

th

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should take what?
All of my comments on the game were serious.
Did any other Heat fan just say the Heat were outplayed, without blaming/ bringing up FT stats?

Me saying the Heat won't lose 4 road games is an opinion that is just a valid as any other opinion, suggested adjustment, or anything else that was offered here.

The only thing anyone knows for sure about this series is that the Pacers won game 1.

No - the Heat only have to lose 2 road games and two home games for it to be over - besides that Heat only have 3 road games in this series, so lets just cross our fingers and hope for Indiana to give the Heat some more asswhuppings:laugh3:

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what pisses me off? When idiots try to give Hibbert credit for Bosh poor game today? Hibbert is lazy and refuses to guard Bosh on the perimeter so let's all stop giving Hibbert credit for Bosh missing open mid range & 3's all game long.

Real answer: your team is wearing their assses for hats. Wire to wire. Not one lead.

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see that... I see two big ass dudes bowing up at each other.. haslem is being pulled back by the ref. look, im a heat fan, so I am on haslem's side. but west is a bad mofo too. west may win a fight between the two.. he may not. but I don't for one second believe haslem was scared.

Haslem was scared enough. One guy is barking, one guy is just standing there, staring. West didn't need to say a thing to prove himself. The match up between them is entertaining though.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
coming into this game...

# of Games this season in which the Pacers shot 50%+ from the field, 40%+ from 3 and took 30+ FTA:

# of Games this season in which the Heat shot < 30% from 3, took 15 or fewer FTA and committed 20+ PF

The Pacers played so far above their heads offensively. While the Pacers deserve credit for what they did defensively, the Heat players missed so many open shots that normally go down.

The margin of the game was actually remarkably close considering how historically bad and great the Heat and Pacers, respectively, each played.

(Oh and the Heat are now 1 - 7 vs the Pacers in the playoffs when Haslem plays < 18 minutes. 6 - 0 when he plays 18+ minutes. 1 - 0 when he's suspended)

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said on FRI...Hibbert is the key to this series with the inside out game. Vogel went to the match up immediately and the Pacer shooters were hitting early and that gave them a nice cushion to work with...Heat were waiting for him to put it on the floor to start shading another defender to him or outright doubling him...they may to have to dbl much earlier to force Hibbert to pass it out quicker or Bosh/Halsem are going to play fouls early...what surprised me was Stephenson posting up LeBron...

INDY is deeper imo...not expecting much from Bosh in this series, but you know Wade is going to play better...should be a good gm 2.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
coming into this game...

# of Games this season in which the Pacers shot 50%+ from the field, 40%+ from 3 and took 30+ FTA:

# of Games this season in which the Heat shot < 30% from 3, took 15 or fewer FTA and committed 20+ PF

The Pacers played so far above their heads offensively. While the Pacers deserve credit for what they did defensively, the Heat players missed so many open shots that normally go down.

The margin of the game was actually remarkably close considering how historically bad and great the Heat and Pacers, respectively, each played.

(Oh and the Heat are now 1 - 7 vs the Pacers in the playoffs when Haslem plays < 18 minutes. 6 - 0 when he plays 18+ minutes. 1 - 0 when he's suspended)

They had such great distribution early that everyone was clicking...5 guys were in double figures in the 2Q.

No dog in the fight for me, I picked IND to win the series, but I think it's going 7.