• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Eastern Conference Finals: Miami Heat VS Indiana Pacers

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hoping that Indiana can be consistent and put the screws to Miami again in game two. That would be sweet to have home court for two games and be up 2-0. That might force Miami into making desparate moves

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CL and turnup, you guys mind taking that to Heat Haters? This thread is a series thread. Pretty sure the OP would appreciate it.

I should take what?
All of my comments on the game were serious.
Did any other Heat fan just say the Heat were outplayed, without blaming/ bringing up FT stats?

Me saying the Heat won't lose 4 road games is an opinion that is just a valid as any other opinion, suggested adjustment, or anything else that was offered here.

The only thing anyone knows for sure about this series is that the Pacers won game 1.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hoping that Indiana can be consistent and put the screws to Miami again in game two. That would be sweet to have home court for two games and be up 2-0. That might force Miami into making desparate moves

Imo they better make some lineup adjustments anyway. Especially if Bosh keeps playing like he did. Him, Chalmers, etc were putrid today. Hell, Chris Anderson was better than Chris Bosh...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should take what?
All of my comments on the game were serious.
Did any other Heat fan just say the Heat were outplayed, without blaming/ bringing up FT stats?

Me saying the Heat won't lose 4 road games is an opinion that is just a valid as any other opinion, suggested adjustment, or anything else that was offered here.

The only thing anyone knows for sure about this series is that the Pacers won game 1.

The bickering between you two. Everybody on here knows you two don't like each other. So maybe you can keep the bickering to the Heat Haters or better yet, just don't respond to each other.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo they better make some lineup adjustments anyway. Especially if Bosh keeps playing like he did. Him, Chalmers, etc were putrid today. Hell, Chris Anderson was better than Chris Bosh...

I doubt either of them will play as badly in game 2. Even Lebron and D-Wade weren't "Lebron and D-Wade". They put up some pretty good numbers, but they weren't doing the things that make the Heat dangerous and help guys like Bosh and Chalmers be effective.

The best way I can say it is that it looked like they lacked the energy that their teammates feed off of.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt either of them will play as badly in game 2. Even Lebron and D-Wade weren't "Lebron and D-Wade". They put up some pretty good numbers, but they weren't doing the things that make the Heat dangerous and help guys like Bosh and Chalmers be effective.

The best way I can say it is that it looked like they lacked the energy that their teammates feed off of.

But...

How much was it Indy's defensive intensity, or the Heat not showing up, THAT'S the part i'm questioning. Guess we'll have more answers when game 2 rolls around...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But...

How much was it Indy's defensive intensity, or the Heat not showing up, THAT'S the part i'm questioning. Guess we'll have more answers when game 2 rolls around...

That's what we'll likely learn in game 2. If it's the same or similar to game 1, then we will know it was the defensive intensity and scheme of the Pacers. If not, then it was the Heat not really showing up.

The other part of the equation was how well the Pacers ran their offense. It's a lot more difficult for the Heat to get up and down the court when they are having to take the ball out of bounds instead getting rebounds and running. The Pacers have one of the best halfcourt defenses in the league and Miami has been known to struggle a bit in the halfcourt.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CL and turnup, you guys mind taking that to Heat Haters? This thread is a series thread. Pretty sure the OP would appreciate it.

Ah man, I just sat down with my big popcorn plate. now I gotta move from my place.:L

Can't they just stay for a bit ? :nod:

ela5vc.gif

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah man, I just sat down with my big popcorn plate. now I gotta move from my place.:L

Can't they just stay for a bit ? :nod:

ela5vc.gif

:L:laugh3::suds: as my Mom used to say when I was a kid (and as my wife says now) "Don't encourage them."

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indy played great today, but can they duplicate that? I doubt it. Miami doesnt lose back to back games in the playoffs. Miami will come out with a different scheme game 2. Hopefully a different line up. Spo is a joke at substituting. Advantage should be Miamis game 2.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have the ability to agree or disagree with any posters opinion here including CL.
Fact of the matter is he took issue with my opinion that Indy can't win 4 home games vs Miami this series and then tried to twist my opinion into something other then what it was.

I'll give you that I should have quit responding at that point, considering his history with twisting words.

Forgive me for thinking/ hoping that he might be able to just stay focused on the game/ series and try to respect others opinions in the same manner that he expects people to respect his.

Dude, you're the only one arguing this. I posted the request and CL has dropped it and is talking about basketball. Just drop it and move on. Like I said, if you want to bicker with him, take it to Heat Haters or just ignore him. I'm not getting into one your long, drawn out, bullshit debates.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indy played great today, but can they duplicate that? I doubt it. Miami doesnt lose back to back games in the playoffs. Miami will come out with a different scheme game 2. Hopefully a different line up. Spo is a joke at substituting. Advantage should be Miamis game 2.

And that's the question. We know Miami will make adjustments. The game will be decided by how well Miami adjusts and how well the Pacers react to it.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pacers played well today as a team.

I liked a sign that was at the game:

"Miami Heat fans- established 2010".

:nod:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what pisses me off? When idiots try to give Hibbert credit for Bosh poor game today? Hibbert is lazy and refuses to guard Bosh on the perimeter so let's all stop giving Hibbert credit for Bosh missing open mid range & 3's all game long.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what pisses me off? When idiots try to give Hibbert credit for Bosh poor game today? Hibbert is lazy and refuses to guard Bosh on the perimeter so let's all stop giving Hibbert credit for Bosh missing open mid range & 3's all game long.

well, Bosh DID start out the game by jacking up treys. don't know if that was part of the game plan or not...

as far as Hibbert's D i'm just as critical as you are on the guy when he fails to produce, but i have to give the man credit today. he played very well...