• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Eastern Conference Finals: Miami Heat VS Indiana Pacers

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The free throw disparity today can be attributed to many factors

1) Indy played good defense and kept Miami out of the paint
2) Miami was not aggressive enough driving and drawing fouls
3) Miami's perimeter defense and rotations weren't on point like they usually are
4) Some ticky tack calls that I did not agree with but credit Indy for being aggressive

It's one game. Miami will bounce back.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hibbert was dominant. There was a reason why he was the top +/- guy.
And there is an equally good reason the Miami center was the lowest +/- guy.

When he was on the floor, Miami never got to the rim that easily.

On offense, he commanded so much attention that there was wide open 3 point shooters everywhere. Miami had to constantly keep collapsing their defense...and it became a 3 point barrage.

His size bothered the hell out of Bosh and Haslem.
They were reduced to ineffective bystander jacking up long range low percentage shots.

To merely focus on his 38% shooting ignores the overall dominant impact his presence had on the game.
HIBBERT deserves an A+ grade.
He was the best player on the floor the entire game (and that includes Lebron).

But, its only one game. It doesn't mean squat if they come out flat and lose game 2.
Hibbert might completely suck the rest of the series. But he was a force in game 1.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just caught up on some of this thread and wish I didnt because its nothing more then Heat fans and bandwagon Heat fans crying and making excuses.:bawling:

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think Miami wins the series.

But, I will give full credit to Hibbert.

He has been a recurring punch-line for nearly 2 months, but not today.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I called Miami in 6. No one was expecting a sweep. This is just 1 loss. Miami wins games 2,3,4. Loses 5 and finishes them off game 6

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was nice but these are better

tumblr_mfohoqSdem1r82ejio1_500.gif

LeBronSHowsOffTrophiesRussell.gif

OtpS4TQ.gif

Haha

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Udonis Haslem vs David West.. if they square up at each other again this series.. I beg the refs and the rest of the players to let them go. Haslem vs West in a fist fight is worth the price of admission alone.

Most NBA fans are aware of West and his boxing background. Not many are aware of Udonis. I can best explain it this way... Chris Bosh had his home burglarized in Miami. They stole tons of crap out his house. Udonis Haslem had his house burglarized too. They stole nothing. Nada. Zip. They got in and realized it was Haslem's house and left. The reason? Because if you break into Chris Bosh's house and steal stuff the worse case scenario is this: Chris Bosh is going to call the police, and the miami-dade police are going to try to find you. If you break into Udonis Haslem's house and steal stuff the BEST case scenario is this: Udonis Haslem is going to call the police, and the miami-dade police are going to try to find you.

You do realize that Haslem was scared of West in that picture?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The free throw disparity today can be attributed to many factors

1) Indy played good defense and kept Miami out of the paint
2) Miami was not aggressive enough driving and drawing fouls
3) Miami's perimeter defense and rotations weren't on point like they usually are
4) Some ticky tack calls that I did not agree with but credit Indy for being aggressive

It's one game. Miami will bounce back.

:agree: 1000% Very well said!! In game 2, I expect the Heat will be driving into the paint like crazy, looking to get Hibbert in foul trouble.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize that Haslem was scared of West in that picture?

I don't see that... I see two big ass dudes bowing up at each other.. haslem is being pulled back by the ref. look, im a heat fan, so I am on haslem's side. but west is a bad mofo too. west may win a fight between the two.. he may not. but I don't for one second believe haslem was scared.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see that... I see two big ass dudes bowing up at each other.. haslem is being pulled back by the ref. look, im a heat fan, so I am on haslem's side. but west is a bad mofo too. west may win a fight between the two.. he may not. but I don't for one second believe haslem was scared.

I agree with your earlier post. If these 2 decide to fight, the refs should be like hockey refs and just let them go. It would be better than most MMA fights.

West is a badass, but I think Haslem may be a little bit crazy, so that might give him the edge.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it can happen.
I'm just as confident as confident can be that it WONT happen. You clearly are not.

I called you out on your stupidity and arrogance. Deal wit' it, bitch...

And actually, ( as usual), you didn't say anything.

Obviously i did. Reading comprehension issues, ol' sock...?

It really just boils down to this, put up, or STFU.

Aw, wooks wike SOMEBODY got his widdle diapers in a bunch...

You ran your mouth, so YOU STFU. not MY fault that i don't take your idiocy and arrogance as FACTS, ya big crybaby...

'Sides, if i win you've already PROVEN you'll welch. Now back to your high chair, little fella...

I'll even give you 2-1 odds we don't lose 4 times in Indy this series. You already have 1 in the bank.

Already dealt with this last line. "They won't cuz i, Turnip, say so". Do keep up the good work...

Now please go wipe the cum off your legs cause the Heat lost and take your bullshit somewhere else.[/QUOTE

Or what're YOU gonna do?:noidea: Hilarious. And don't worry. I'll be here for game 2 as well. DEAL wit' it...:lol:

GeauxBaby

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pacers looked great. Their starting 5 was very balanced today.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CL and turnup, you guys mind taking that to Heat Haters? This thread is a series thread. Pretty sure the OP would appreciate it.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pacers looked great. Their starting 5 was very balanced today.

Something the announcers touched on, too. They mebtioned that Indy also has the athletic edge between theb2 teams in spite of LeClown and Wade, which i tend to agree with somewhat. Remember, the Heat are one of the oldest teams in the league, so we'll see how THAT part plays out...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something the announcers touched on, too. They mebtioned that Indy also has the athletic edge between theb2 teams in spite of LeClown and Wade, which i tend to agree with somewhat. Remember, the Heat are one of the oldest teams in the league, so we'll see how THAT part plays out...

Found that one kind of interesting myself. Not sure I agree with it, but it was an interesting point. I give it credibility too, since it was JVG that said it.