• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Eastern Conference Finals: Miami Heat VS Indiana Pacers

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
coming into this game...

# of Games this season in which the Pacers shot 50%+ from the field, 40%+ from 3 and took 30+ FTA:

# of Games this season in which the Heat shot < 30% from 3, took 15 or fewer FTA and committed 20+ PF

The Pacers played so far above their heads offensively. While the Pacers deserve credit for what they did defensively, the Heat players missed so many open shots that normally go down.

The margin of the game was actually remarkably close considering how historically bad and great the Heat and Pacers, respectively, each played.

(Oh and the Heat are now 1 - 7 vs the Pacers in the playoffs when Haslem plays < 18 minutes. 6 - 0 when he plays 18+ minutes. 1 - 0 when he's suspended)

That is an anomaly.

They had such great distribution early that everyone was clicking...5 guys were in double figures in the 2Q.

No dog in the fight for me, I picked IND to win the series, but I think it's going 7.

Hard to guard 8 guys with 5, players will be open. The refs really are the story of this series.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Hibbert plays like a god tonight, this series is over before it even gets warmed up.

All he needs is that confidence and swagger back.
Miami is like some super Penicillin for whatever disease he gets.

It is the most bizarre thing how Hibbert plays versus Miami.

The HCA will be impossible to overcome with "good" Hibbert.
Miami needs to somehow make him lose his confidence again.

Maybe just attack him for early foul trouble.....that usually works.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but instead of taking out Bosh for Birdman maybe Spo can make a minor adjustment and take out whoever he starts at 4 tmr (Battier/UD) for Birdman and maybe give them 3 minutes together in the 1st and another 3 or 4 minutes before the half (do the same thing for the 2nd half). So for example he can take out UD/Battier around the 6 min mark for Bird and leave Bird/Bosh in there until about the 3 minute mark and at that point he can take out Bosh for his normal rest. If he follows that strategy, Bird is playing his normal minutes which is 16 MPG in the playoffs except that these minutes are mainly coming with him and Bosh on the court together instead of Bosh being on the bench with him in the game

Certainly couldn't hurt to do that, especially since the interior is where Indy's advantage is. The energy he brings couldn't hurt either.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heat win tonight... im putting all my vCash on it. that's right.. I am betting fake money.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the Heat never won a series in 5 after losing the 1st game on the road.....

I still think the Heat in 6 but 5 is still possible

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami is a dynasty. Defeat is not our destiny. We will get knocked off eventually. But not by the Pacers. They aren't the ones. As sure as I am the sun will rise tomorrow, I am that sure Miami goes to the finals. From the bottom of my heart.. Fuck the Pacers.

Time for another Cuba Libre... I'm not rowdy enough for this game. Almost time to lock the doors on the man cave before the kids learn some new words.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MghwEh6oT8]Dan LeBatard Pacers Rant - YouTube[/ame]

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami is a dynasty. Defeat is not our destiny. We will get knocked off eventually. But not by the Pacers. They aren't the ones. As sure as I am the sun will rise tomorrow, I am that sure Miami goes to the finals. From the bottom of my heart.. Fuck the Pacers.

Time for another Cuba Libre... I'm not rowdy enough for this game. Almost time to lock the doors on the man cave before the kids learn some new words.

Dan LeBatard Pacers Rant - YouTube

Watch...as the "dynasty" dies NASTY...:lol:

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be completely honest and candid about this whole thing. I remember when we won our third ABA Championship. I was there at the games. I understand why the Heat fans want their place in NBA history. And who would not in their position? While it is really trivial in the scheme of things, to be able to say that for the rest of your life is pretty major among us testosterone crowd.

For me, I am getting older. Not quite ready for dirt in my face, although one never knows, but I am somewhat desperate for our first NBA Championship. Emotions run high, but it will be what it will be. I actually do respect the Heat. I do think a lot of their fans are bitches, but that is pretty much the norm for any championship team. And particularly a team that has multiple championships. The fucking fans act like they had played in the games.

I have my hopes and dreams as so many others do. But to use that very trite phrase, at the end of the day, it is still a game that children play.

Good luck to the team you support. I hope it is mine, but if not, life goes on. And surely, there are far greater concerns in each of our lives.

Here is to a memorable series and a championship series for the ages.

Shoveyjoe

El Flaco
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be completely honest and candid about this whole thing. I remember when we won our third ABA Championship. I was there at the games. I understand why the Heat fans want their place in NBA history. And who would not in their position? While it is really trivial in the scheme of things, to be able to say that for the rest of your life is pretty major among us testosterone crowd.

For me, I am getting older. Not quite ready for dirt in my face, although one never knows, but I am somewhat desperate for our first NBA Championship. Emotions run high, but it will be what it will be. I actually do respect the Heat. I do think a lot of their fans are bitches, but that is pretty much the norm for any championship team. And particularly a team that has multiple championships. The fucking fans act like they had played in the games.

I have my hopes and dreams as so many others do. But to use that very trite phrase, at the end of the day, it is still a game that children play.

Good luck to the team you support. I hope it is mine, but if not, life goes on. And surely, there are far greater concerns in each of our lives.

Are you ok?

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bold move!!

I'm betting on the Pacers because when I bet, I seem to usually lose.
I'm a much better handicapper when nothings on the line.

For the record, my gut is telling me Pacers tonight...,
Then we reel off 4 in a row ( 2006 flashback).:suds:

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you ok?

Sure. I have always loved the game. I remember when I was so consumed with the idea of the Pacers getting Ed Ratliff out of Long Beach State. He was the ultimate weapon. Turned out to be bust.

I also remember when Chicago got Jordan for a pick we traded to get a big white stiff named Owens. Or our announcement that we wanted Pippen, and then the Bulls traded up one pick ahead of use to get him.

It is what it is, and it will be what it will be.

Enjoy the games.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can't disagree with anything you just said. Lakers, Spurs, Heat and Pacers all have bitch ass fans. I don't define one singular fan by the actions of others in their same base.

It's not rocket science. This should've happened in game 1.

Last edited by a moderator:

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't disagree with anything you just said. Lakers, Spurs, Heat and Pacers all have bitch ass fans. I don't define one singular fan by the actions of others in their same base.

It's not rocket science. This should've happened in game 1.

Except that my Pacers have never won in the NBA.

Btw, I hope my Colts beat your Fins in the AFC Championship this year. Not betting the farm, but it would sure be a return to yesterday. :laugh3: