• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles' Free Agency

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few guys I see the Eagles possibly going after ... plenty out there; lmk who you guys like.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be good with these guys. Only caveat for me is I just feel better about Mark Ingram, if possible, than Coleman. Not by a whole lot, but I do. If we cant get Ingram and can get Coleman I would still consider it a win.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also just saw the blurb that there might be some trade chatter around Jordan Howard. I would totally be down with that for a fair price!

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really see the Eagles going hard after Tevin Coleman and John Brown which would be fine by me.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As names on my Eagles Free Agency thread ... it would not shock me if the Eagles go after either DE Preston or DE/LB Za'Darous Smith, 26 and 27 respectively, in free agency. You would be able to lock them in for a while and you get younger than Bennett by 6 or 7 years.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After signing Graham I don't think we'll be going after a big time defensive linemen.

I would like to add John Brown but he's going to get a good bit of money. That speed would be great here.

And I want a free agent RB, but not Coleman. He's a soft runner and injury prone. I'd rather have Latavius Murray and give Pederson someone to hammer defenses with.

We could also add someone like Spencer Ware or Bilal Powell just to give the backfield some veteran experience on the lower end of the scale.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After signing Graham I don't think we'll be going after a big time defensive linemen.

I would like to add John Brown but he's going to get a good bit of money. That speed would be great here.

And I want a free agent RB, but not Coleman. He's a soft runner and injury prone. I'd rather have Latavius Murray and give Pederson someone to hammer defenses with.

We could also add someone like Spencer Ware or Bilal Powell just to give the backfield some veteran experience on the lower end of the scale.

Lat Murray is certainly another option ... Actually a guy I can absolutely see the Birds targeting. I disagree on Coleman though ... I think he'd be a perfect fit as we will continue to be RB by committee. Coleman's not a bell cow, but he is an explosive RB (4.35 40 speed) who's also a great receiver.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Antonio Brown traded to the Raiders for a 3rd and 5th round picks this year. Not a steep price, but he agreed to a $50M deal/ 3 years. Way too much for a selfish, malcontent player. No thanks.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's stupid money ... They're paying for past production in a great offensive system with a top OL and a HOF qb that knew how to pepper him with well placed balls. New system now .. Over 30 diva and guaranteed money. He'll still put up solid #s but I have a feeling he won't be nearly the difference maker he's been in Pitt.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lat Murray is certainly another option ... Actually a guy I can absolutely see the Birds targeting. I disagree on Coleman though ... I think he'd be a perfect fit as we will continue to be RB by committee. Coleman's not a bell cow, but he is an explosive RB (4.35 40 speed) who's also a great receiver.
He's gonna get paid like a bell cow and he's more of a 1b at best.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I echo the above comments. I also do not want Bell. Younger than AB, but more wear and tear on his body. I want to go younger and utilize the draft. Get a young RB in FA, and draft a sturdy RB in the mid rounds, unless a stud is unexpectedly is available. Douglas should know where some hidden gems are. this is a very good draft. Hope we utilize the picks wisely. Tomorrow, we should be hearing who the Birds are considering. :hope:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I echo the above comments. I also do not want Bell. Younger than AB, but more wear and tear on his body. I want to go younger and utilize the draft. Get a young RB in FA, and draft a sturdy RB in the mid rounds, unless a stud is unexpectedly is available. Douglas should know where some hidden gems are. this is a very good draft. Hope we utilize the picks wisely. Tomorrow, we should be hearing who the Birds are considering. :hope:
Bell would be perfect though. Really rounds out the offense in one move.

He took a whole year off so he's fresh. For the next two years at least we would get top 5 RB production.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell would be perfect though. Really rounds out the offense in one move.

He took a whole year off so he's fresh. For the next two years at least we would get top 5 RB production.

OK. Just not at $15M or more.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Antonio Brown traded to the Raiders for a 3rd and 5th round picks this year. Not a steep price, but he agreed to a $50M deal/ 3 years. Way too much for a selfish, malcontent player. No thanks.

Brown still was under contract with Steelers so new deal I guess combines with that one and ends up being about $19 million per year

But point taken and I agree - too much for Brown