• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles face tough decisions this offseason

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprising, but Big Red blocked Kafka from interviewing for the Eagles OC gig. Anyway, Caldwell is available and apparently ready to start working again. I would welcome him in a second.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprising, but Big Red blocked Kafka from interviewing for the Eagles OC gig. Anyway, Caldwell is available and apparently ready to start working again. I would welcome him in a second.

That means he is going to have to promote him somehow. I can't see how he would deny him the chance to be an OC somewhere. But I can understand Reid wanting to keep him if he is a good coach. Andy Reid is not the kind of guy to get in the way of his coaches advancing.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaches not interested in Philadelphia and coaches blocked from Philadelphia doesn’t that seem odd?
I understand the blocked coaches but a few have said No Thanks.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaches not interested in Philadelphia and coaches blocked from Philadelphia doesn’t that seem odd?

To be an offensive coordinator on the Eagles you are giving up play calling control because Doug calls the plays. That is the main reason why candidates are turning the Eagles down.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's a shitty job.

1) pederson has most of the control.
2) he just said groh was fine, then fired him.
3) you have to deal with andy dalton 2.0.
4) whiny fans want you gone after every bad game, even though you're not really in charge of the offense.
5) it's a team with a strong vet makeup that is already set in their ways.

there is no reason for a young coodinator with fresh ideas to come in. the staff and team itself will have nothing to do with it in the end. it's either a yes-man or vet coordinator with a similar background.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
83469759_189529685499559_4471084448607109120_n.jpg

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to disagree about drafting a quarterback. We BETTER not waste a pick on that spot. We used a 5th round pick on Clayton Thorson and could have had Darius Slayton. Howie needs to draft speed at receiver. It’s embarrassing that JJAW has been outperformed by nearly every other rookie WR drafted near him.

You wasted a spot on a TE in the second round. Why not waste one on a QB that will likely have to take over at some point?

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unless I’m missing in one.....

Kafka was blocked. Probably would have declined anyway as he wants the keys to KC offense if/when Bienemy leaves. I get that.

Harrell did turn it down. I’m not sure why.

What was the case with Urban? Did he interview? I read competing things like he did/didn’t and decided to stay in Baltimore, but also that he did interview and perhaps we didn’t see a fit?

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That’s a piece I was waiting on...if he could/wanted to coach again. It could really be a laid back job, relatively speaking, for him. Mentor, game plan help and support Doug. Let’s do this and not just promote again.

Screamin Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The talk is (radio) is that perhaps the Eagles job isn’t that good. Can’t call plays and maybe there is an issue caused by Pedersons backpedaling on who is staying and who is going.
Who is calling the shots????

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Rey's list, I would be very happy to get Byron Jones, and and also sign Robby Anderson. I don't know why Anderson is not on the list, but that could be a good thing, if he is not that highly regarded. Add him to DJAX, and either Viska or Ruggs, and Ward, we'll have good corp of receivers.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The talk is (radio) is that perhaps the Eagles job isn’t that good. Can’t call plays and maybe there is an issue caused by Pedersons backpedaling on who is staying and who is going.
Who is calling the shots????

From top to bottom the Eagles is one of the best organizations in the NFL.

Talk radio in Philly is just trying to boost their ratings. I live in Houston and most of the news I get is from outside the area and no one is talking about the Eagles having a hard time filling their coaching staff. Eagles coaching news is not even on the national radar.

A lot of decisions is based on roles the coaches will have on the staff. I do not think the Eagles are going to get a top OC candidate because they will only have that title in name only because Doug calls all the plays. So in retrospect the OC position for the Eagles is going to have be an up and comer who has a promising future but that guy may not be easy to find.

Pederson's backpedaling is not an issue because it was not his call. It was the call of Lurie. The Eagles always promote from within and as long as you are doing a good job opportunities are there. So to be honest turning down an Eagles job is just flat stupid unless you have bigger goals. I think Harrell turned down the OC job because he is going to be talked about for head coaching positions and the Eagles job would have probably been a step down since he is not calling any of the plays. Something that was probably a deal breaker for him.

Screamin Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From top to bottom the Eagles is one of the best organizations in the NFL.

Talk radio in Philly is just trying to boost their ratings. I live in Houston and most of the news I get is from outside the area and no one is talking about the Eagles having a hard time filling their coaching staff. Eagles coaching news is not even on the national radar.

A lot of decisions is based on roles the coaches will have on the staff. I do not think the Eagles are going to get a top OC candidate because they will only have that title in name only because Doug calls all the plays. So in retrospect the OC position for the Eagles is going to have be an up and comer who has a promising future but that guy may not be easy to find.

Pederson's backpedaling is not an issue because it was not his call. It was the call of Lurie. The Eagles always promote from within and as long as you are doing a good job opportunities are there. So to be honest turning down an Eagles job is just flat stupid unless you have bigger goals. I think Harrell turned down the OC job because he is going to be talked about for head coaching positions and the Eagles job would have probably been a step down since he is not calling any of the plays. Something that was probably a deal breaker for him.
Didn’t you used to live in the Philadelphia area?

Sparky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ERTZ???? Really?? I don't think so!! He's the best TE in the league, except perhaps Kelce. I want him here until he retires, and then go into the HOF. We also need Jenkins to stay here for a couple years to teach his replacement.

You are serious about getting younger or not. We have an ertz replacement. If we can jump 5 to 10 spots in the first round by trading ertz I'd do it. Jenkins is tougher and he wants big bucks in his final years, but he was damn good this year and we don't have his replacement, but he wants big bucks...

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are serious about getting younger or not. We have an ertz replacement. If we can jump 5 to 10 spots in the first round by trading ertz I'd do it. Jenkins is tougher and he wants big bucks in his final years, but he was damn good this year and we don't have his replacement, but he wants big bucks...
Here's the thing. You weaken your offense by trading your best player. Second, moving up 5-10 spots is great, but not at the expense of trading your best player and weaken the offense. Furthermore, until the Eagles FO figures out how to draft slam dunk picks, no way would I trade Ertz.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amen! :10: :agree: 100%. You don't trade a superstar unless it is a king's ransom, and moving up 5 spots is not a ransom. Who knows if Goedert will be as good or better than Ertz.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roll with both Ertz and Goedert...but you need speed at WR for the 12 personnel to be most effective.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want them to get a fullback

get Leonard Weaver on the phone.