• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles Draft Thoughts (19 Days away)

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd personally take another position there and draft a back later, just because RBs often have short careers and I don't value the position as much. But the Eagles may see Zeke as a franchise back and think he can play 10 years here and be a focal point of the offense.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These rumors continue to get ridiculous imo. Trading Cox and our 8 to get the 1st pick is absurd. Keep the 8th pick, if Goff or Wentz is there ..great. Draft a QB later. Next season, if we have a crap record, maybe we will be in position for Watson, hopefully not because he will be the #1. That being said, maybe Cox will be trade bait then? I take Zeke at 8, draft QB and OL mid rounds and build depth in other areas. A RB like Zeke don't come around too often. He has never been injured, he is a exceptional blocker, good hands, protects the ball very well, and will help our QB tremendously.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeke's only 20 years old, so if you can have him be your Centerpiece for 8 years with a few "legit" Pro Bowls ... it's worth it.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeke's only 20 years old, so if you can have him be your Centerpiece for 8 years with a few "legit" Pro Bowls ... it's worth it.
I agree. I would love to see Zeke in our backfield for a long time.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The average career for an NFL player, regardless of position, is about 5-6 years. Think of how many 1st round picks don't even make it to their 2nd contract because they flame out. Even if theoretically you only get 5 or 6 good solid prime years out of Zeke, it would be worth that 1st round pick - even for a running back and especially one as good as Zeke is. There aren't many flaws to his game and is one of the safest picks in the draft. He is unanimously ranked in the Top 10 overall players on just about every draft board, the idea of him not being great draft value is BS spun by the media.

Plus, even if we do take him in the 1st doesn't mean we can't take another one later in the draft or next year's, and pair them together to make a lethal backfield. Re-create "Thunder and Lightning" when we had Watters and Garner.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Zeke can be a better Matt Forte type of Back. Forte's had 8 strong years (not his fault the Bears have sucked) ... and probably has another 2 left in him with the Jets.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Zeke can be a better Matt Forte type of Back. Forte's had 8 strong years (not his fault the Bears have sucked) ... and probably has another 2 left in him with the Jets.
Now Rey, you said you have seen a ton of Buckeye games over the past years. You know Zeke is a game changer. Teams come in to specifically game plan against him. Most of the time it won't matter. If he gets the ball, he will get positive yards regardless. The fact that he excels at blocking is just another bonus to his game. I don't understand why this "don't take a RB" BS keeps coming up? I understand if Goff or Wentz is there at 8, you take one if that is your guy, but passing up on Zeke for another position may be the biggest mistake for years to come. I can already hear the griping on these boards if we pass him up and he kills it for one of our division rivals. The Giants will jump all over him.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz will be a bust. Zeke would make sense as would a trade down or Lawson.

Funk

All The Football
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz will be a bust. Zeke would make sense as would a trade down or Lawson.
You cant say with any certainty that Wentz will flop and those guys wont.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let's see -- If none of the top 5-6 players slip to #8, take Zeke…Real shocker! If there's a nice trade down option I'd take that, if there's not, I have no problem with Zeke at #8. It would be dumb to trade up for him, and I highly doubt we will. I still think Wentz is their #1 target, but who knows if they will pony up enough to go and get him.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now Rey, you said you have seen a ton of Buckeye games over the past years. You know Zeke is a game changer. Teams come in to specifically game plan against him. Most of the time it won't matter. If he gets the ball, he will get positive yards regardless. The fact that he excels at blocking is just another bonus to his game. I don't understand why this "don't take a RB" BS keeps coming up? I understand if Goff or Wentz is there at 8, you take one if that is your guy, but passing up on Zeke for another position may be the biggest mistake for years to come. I can already hear the griping on these boards if we pass him up and he kills it for one of our division rivals. The Giants will jump all over him.

I'm not a big fan of taking RB that early either, but imo Zeke is the total package and should make everyone's job on the Offense easier. Right now we don't have an identity on Offense ... a guy like Zeke gives you that aspect and opens things up for the rest of the guys who are solid, but don't have that one guy to lean on. Bradford would be the main beneficiary of us drafting Zeke as teams can't just pin their ears back ... they have to respect a RB tandem of Zeke/Mathews in a non-Chip style offense. Plus the kid can flat out block ... that's usually the biggest problem with rookie backs; they can run well, but get their QB's pummeled when asked to block.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cant say with any certainty that Wentz will flop and those guys wont.
Whoa captain obvious, we're allowed to predict what will happen.

Doc Green

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let's see -- If none of the top 5-6 players slip to #8, take Zeke…Real shocker! If there's a nice trade down option I'd take that, if there's not, I have no problem with Zeke at #8. It would be dumb to trade up for him, and I highly doubt we will. I still think Wentz is their #1 target, but who knows if they will pony up enough to go and get him.
My thoughts exactly. If Jack, Tunsil, Ramsey, or Wentz is not there #8, then take Zeke, or trade down (get Rankins, Apple, Reed, Robinson, Ragland, Coleman, or Treadwell) and pick up a 2nd.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take Zeke over Wentz.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude you and I are 100% on the same page!

Susky

Better late than never
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Wentz is there at 6, I'd probably do a deal with Baltimore to leapfrog San Fran (f Chip) and grab him. If not, I suppose that Zeke would be an interesting choice at 8. WTF...go for it!

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must be the only one that likes Bradford in our O.

Susky

Better late than never
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford is fine, and he works for the relative short term. If he lights the NFL on fire, then great. If not, it would be nice to have some development going on in the background.