• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles Draft Thoughts (19 Days away)

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are to believe the recent rumors, it sounds like Cleveland will skip QB at 2 if they can't trade down and take OT Laremy Tunsil. The Chargers are in bed with DL DeForest Buckner, the Cowpokes love Jalen Ramsey. There's a good chance Carson Wentz is still there at the Jags pick #5 ... much cheaper to trade up to 5 than it would have been to 1. Also, from what I'm hearing the Niners aren't likely to trade up as they are in a win now mode with their fan base growing restless. They are even having issues with selling their yearly packages. The most likely scenario is that Chip/Kap run Chip's system and they take a guy like Ronnie Stanley at 7. Hell, there's an outside chance that Wentz may even drop right in our laps at 8 if Goff goes 1 to the Rams as expected.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are to believe the recent rumors, it sounds like Cleveland will skip QB at 2 if they can't trade down and take OT Laremy Tunsil. The Chargers are in bed with DL DeForest Buckner, the Cowpokes love Jalen Ramsey. There's a good chance Carson Wentz is still there at the Jags pick #5 ... much cheaper to trade up to 5 than it would have been to 1. Also, from what I'm hearing the Niners aren't likely to trade up as they are in a win now mode with their fan base growing restless. They are even having issues with selling their yearly packages. The most likely scenario is that Chip/Kap run Chip's system and they take a guy like Ronnie Stanley at 7. Hell, there's an outside chance that Wentz may even drop right in our laps at 8 if Goff goes 1 to the Rams as expected.

If the Browns pass on a QB at 2 it even looks worse for the Rams giving up the Farm. I mean when the Browns pass on a first Rd QB lol.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Browns would like to rebuild their OL and skill positions before throwing a rookie QB to slaughter. They have Joe Thomas, but aside from that they lost their RT, Center and only reliable WR. I think they will likely address QB at some point, but maybe not with the 2nd overall pick.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just in on rotoworld even further cements that the Browns likely aren't going QB at 2:

NFL Network's Jeff Darlington reports via colleague Ian Rapoport that the Browns are "actively shopping" the No. 2 pick.

A week ago, we had all been lulled into a false sense of security by mock draft after mock draft projecting Ole Miss T Laremy Tunsil to the Titans at No. 1 and North Dakota State QB Carson Wentz to the Browns at No. 2. When the draft proper rolls around in a week-plus, we might not even see the Browns draft at that position (the Titans, obviously, have already shuffled off the mortal coil that is the No. 1 pick). We don't have further information as to whom the Browns might be talking with, but both the Jets and Eagles were embroiled in rumors for the No. 1 pick before the Rams swooped in with their mega-offer in the middle of last week.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners in a win now mode…? :pound:

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns are run by a money ball guy and probably would take a package of picks. But they're not taking Tunsil if they stand pat.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not Championships ... just more games :)

It's crazy to see how far that franchise fell in a few years. Living out here in the bay area highlights the process lol.

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Marvez says a deal for #2 would include our 1st and 3rd round picks (both of them for '16) this year and next.

I'd rather roll the dice with Lynch personally. What say you?

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still wouldn't sit around and wait for Wentz if you think he's a franchise guy. Especially since you can now get him at a much reduced cost compared to what the Rams paid for Goff, or so we think. Regardless, if the Eagles guy is there at #2, I see them making a move to up and grab him. Browns could finally take a step back and breathe a little by trading down and collecting more lottery tickets to a talent depleted roster.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#8, 3rd rounder, 2017 1st and 3rd rounder sounds about right for #2 -- I'd do it for Wentz. Just for the record =). I already know which posters would not do it, so no need to get your panties in a bunch :suds:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz is a risk at 8. Best to let someone else make that reach. Roethlisberger and Cutler both went 11 and they were much more prepared actually leading passing offenses and actually throwing the ball an NFL quantity of times during their games. Neither played on a powerhouse neighborhood team that makes everything else easy for the QB. Both actually started their freshman and sophomore years beating out other div 1 FBS quality QBs. Neither sat behind quarterbacks that couldn't even start at Penn. It's not very surprising that the same people who were fooled by Robert Griffin as a prospect are fooled by Wentz.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I bit on RG3. At least I admit when I'm wrong ;). My biggest concern with him was his size, and that played a role with injuries, but I had no idea how big of a diva that kid was.

Funk

All The Football
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#8, 3rd rounder, 2017 1st and 3rd rounder sounds about right for #2 -- I'd do it for Wentz. Just for the record =). I already know which posters would not do it, so no need to get your panties in a bunch :suds:
I saw it was 1st and both 3rds this year and 1/3 next. Is Goff/Wentz really worth sitting out til rd 4?

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw it was 1st and both 3rds this year and 1/3 next. Is Goff/Wentz really worth sitting out til rd 4?

Depends on how you view these kids. I'm higher on Wentz than Goff personally. I believe Wentz has the skill-set to translate and excel at a high level in the NFL. I see a franchise QB. I'm not sure what the real price is, but I'd offer up 2016 1st and (1) 3rd, 2017 1st and 3rd. If you see a franchise QB in the draft, that deal is definitely worth it to go up and grab him. It all comes down to personal evaluation. In this scenario I'd definitely be trying to get a nice pick for Sam Bradford. Let Chase Daniels start for 1 year, let Wentz learn under him and then have a QB battle in 2017 -- most likely labeled as a QB battle, but it's really Wentz's job to lose.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe sweeten the pot a bit, and get back one of their 2nds. I know, I'm dreaming.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RG3's problem was 2 fold ... the biggest is ego related; he's the greatest and if things didn't go well it's because of everyone else. The other is not understanding "how" to run at the pro level ... you don't survive long in this league as a QB without sliding or going our of bounds before hits. I actually think that if RG3 ever "gets it" he could still be at least a serviceable player. It's not easy when you blow your original opportunity ... so it remains to be seen.

Now, as far as Wentz goes ... I get why the Eagles are so high on him ... the kid's football IQ is off the charts. His coaches have been raving about his football knowledge way before he ever got on the white board with Mooch. He calls all the protections in his Offense ... something that's usually reserved for the Center and audibled on a regular basis. A lot of college QB's are never even given the freedom to audible at all in their college careers, much less call out protections. The Eagles are actually the perfect spot for Wentz ... if there's one guy you want just sitting back and learning for a year it's him. With his coaches' mentality it would likely benefit him greatly in the long run. If you look at the big picture what's one year of taking it all in and getting some seasoning when you can get a player who's going to be the face of your team till his mid 30's if he works out?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd do that deal for Wentz. I have become convinced he is the real deal. For Goff, I like him a lot, too, but I might not give up that much for him. I see him as a Matt Ryan type in the NFL.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz would join a very young and talented group that can grow together. We're a great team for Wentz to excel at the next level as well. This would be a great situation as a young QB to come in and learn for a year. We have QB gurus in coaches and Chase Daniels who knows the offense and is pretty much a coach himself. Young weapons in Matthews/Agholor/Ertz/Randle, 3 longterm o-linemen in Kelce/Brooks/Lane. Wis could be retained as well if he plays good. Peters is here until he's not. Young defensive pieces everywhere too.

Ideally in this situation you find a trade partner for Sam Bradford and recoup some draft picks.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are my final thoughts, because I'm all draft talked out and it's fishing season.....

1. I like Carson Wentz a lot! If the Eagles love him and they feel he is a franchise QB it is a no brainer you go up and get him.

2. If we stay at 8 I'm drafting Shaq Lawson....kids good and gonna be a very good NFL player.

3. I think anyone that says they don't secretly want Ezekiel Elliott is lying to themselves.

4. A Right tackle can be had in rd 3...We have a LT of the future we drafted him very high..Lane Johnson

5. I would not rule out a trade with the Titans we get 15 & 43 they get 8...makes sense for both clubs.
with #15 we select a CB. I prefer Mackensie Alexander, but also like what I see with Eli Apple so CB could be in play at 15.