• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles Draft Thoughts (19 Days away)

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I'll agree Fletcher is the better player, Wilkerson is special as well. Wentz is a potential top 10 NFL QB, with upside to become even better. Sometimes you have to risk it to get your franchise guy. Not all risks pay-off, but is any of us really satisfied with just being relative? Wentz gives you a chance at seeing a Super Bowl. Ol Sammy Boy getting us to the ship? C'mon man, he's never even been to the playoffs -- excuses or not.

I agree that we need a franchise QB, and Wentz, hopefully is the real deal, I'm just stuck in the fact that I hope that we don't have to give up Fletcher to get it done. I'd rather give up just picks. Just me. Hard-headed!

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is that Arsenal logo under your profile? Go Gunners.

I disagree about signing Bradford, even if it an expensive smokescreen and a better option for 2016 than Daniels), but I'm with you about not going up to #1. I could see #4 (yeah, the Cowboys) if Cleveland takes Goff instead of Wentz (assuming SD takes Ramsey). Dallas can pick up two 3rds and still get Zeke at #8.

I was living in North London back in the early 80's and stumbled across Highbury one day and thought i'd go along. I'd never seen a game before. I didn't know anything other than the score. But I stood in the terraces and fell in love with the game. The atmosphere, the passion, is unlike anything you'll see in NAmerica including college football. The skill of the players what they could do with a ball at their feet or even the ability to take it out of the air or redirect it with such precision is unbelievable. Anyhow it was Arsenal v Manure and i became a gunner for life.
The bucket list now includes getting back over and seeing a game at the Emirates.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see Cox and #8 as a starting point to get to number 1. I think the Titans would want more because they will have other offers that could trump ours. I could see San Fran going #7, 2017 1st rounder plus. Due to the size of what Fletch is going to cost salary wise I think that is more appealing.

I love Fletch our best bet is to keep him, offer up #8 a 2017 1st if they really want to get a QB. If that flys then they could trade Bradford next offseason maybe even recoupe the 1st round pick and free up the money to get Fletch signed.

Cox has one year left on his contract. His actual value is nowhere near what people think.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are no guarantees that you are going to be able to pull off the deal to get to 1 and I don't think teams have a draft plan set at the end of February ... which is when they had to have the deal in place for Bradford. My prediction is that the Titans deal away that first pick to the highest bidder ... it's a team with a load of needs who's GM has already stated that the pick was essentially for sale. They've won all of 5 games the past two years "combined"; Tunsil's a very good tackle, but unless a team like the Niners bowls them over with more, I think they would be thrilled to get 2 1st's and 2 3rd's back for that pick.
They may trade it but i doubt it's us. Too many other teams have more to offer. The cost, for us, is prohibitive.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that we need a franchise QB, and Wentz, hopefully is the real deal, I'm just stuck in the fact that I hope that we don't have to give up Fletcher to get it done. I'd rather give up just picks. Just me. Hard-headed!

Yeah and that's the reality of the situation. Without a 2nd rd pick I don't see how you get to #1. Let's say Tunsil goes #1 and then the Browns actually take Goff. That puts Wentz sitting there at 3. But even then your asking the Chargers to pass on what might be the best player in the draft and fits a big need for them as well in J. Ramsey. No way they give him up unless your sending Cox. So I say no deal on both ends there. You know a trade won't happen with Dallas and they will have a big delima on picking Wentz or a much needed stud on D. Well if they would pass on Wentz that would say they must not think he's a franchise guy. So I think the only way realistically they get Wentz Is if he falls to 5. But maybe the Chargers take him to sit behind Rivers. But even if they don't Jack or Buckner is still there so it won't be cheap. I think they most realistically have a deal worked out with the ravens at 6. They don't need a QB and moving back just 2 spots is more realistic. Sorry to much coffee this morning.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PFT Live this morning reported that the Titans may like Ronnie Stanley more than Laremy Tunsil ... there are questions that have surfaced regarding Tunsil's run blocking skills not being very developed (same has been said about Stanley). Stanley's more proven though and may be more NFL ready at this point; he's also working very hard this off season on building muscle mass to more suit the NFL game.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PFT Live this morning reported that the Titans may like Ronnie Stanley more than Laremy Tunsil ... there are questions that have surfaced regarding Tunsil's run blocking skills not being very developed (same has been said about Stanley). Stanley's more proven though and may be more NFL ready at this point; he's also working very hard this off season on building muscle mass to more suit the NFL game.

You would think they have to be considering J. Ramsey too. Almost seems like the safest pick.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor according to NFL.com is we are about to lock down Fletcher Cox.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would think they have to be considering J. Ramsey too. Almost seems like the safest pick.

The thing with Ramsey is that he may need some fine tuning if drafted to play Corner. Not that he wouldn't eventually become a top Corner, but he's more accomplished in a Safety role. With the #1 pick in the draft though you want to "make sure" he's worth the pick at the position you need him to play. You don't draft a Safety however with the #1 pick in the draft ...

iceman42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor according to NFL.com is we are about to lock down Fletcher Cox.

According to Bleeding Green its not close as originally reported.
Fletcher Cox reportedly turned down a big contract offer from the Eagles

It was said the deal could be worth over $100 million with at least $60 million guaranteed. But then ESPN insider Adam Schefter denied an extension was close. Cox himself posted some cryptic tweets that made it seem like a deal wasn't immediate. Apparently things weren't so close after all considering a deal still hasn't got done.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would we have to give up to get Wilkerson? I mean if we are giving up a 3rd and Cox for the 1st overall pick, whats it going to take to get Wilkerson?

Wentz.:pound:

The stupidity is baffling.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bradford and a 3rd gets you Wilkerson and the 8th pick and Cox gets you to #1 .... sign me up. I love Cox and am totally against giving him up as part of the move up for Wentz, but if we get back Wilkerson I'd be all in. Cox/Wilkerson ... potato. pota'to.
Or you keep both and you win the league because no one can fucking block you. All we'd need is a kicker.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cox has one year left on his contract. His actual value is nowhere near what people think.
Cox has turned down $60M in guaranteed money.........what's that say?

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cox has turned down $60M in guaranteed money.........what's that say?
It says that his agent is driving the price up for his other defensive clients. He is setting up a market for a steep price for a quality player. It's not Fletcher as much as it's his agent. Just doing his job. Very much Scott Boras type agent like MLB owners have to deal with.