• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles Draft Thoughts (19 Days away)

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would we have to give up to get Wilkerson? I mean if we are giving up a 3rd and Cox for the 1st overall pick, whats it going to take to get Wilkerson?
Sam Bradford and a 3rd

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bradford and a 3rd gets you Wilkerson and the 8th pick and Cox gets you to #1 .... sign me up. I love Cox and am totally against giving him up as part of the move up for Wentz, but if we get back Wilkerson I'd be all in. Cox/Wilkerson ... potato. pota'to.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam Bradford and a 3rd

So in your scenario we would still have the 8th overall pick? Interesting but I don't think Fletchs value or Wilkersons value is that high due the salary's they will command.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in your scenario we would still have the 8th overall pick? Interesting but I don't think Fletchs value or Wilkersons value is that high due the salary's they will command.
Highly unlikely really.....Most likely it would cost Cox and our #8 pick.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's funny....people were ready to throw 20 picks at the Titans last year for Mariota....The same Experts that said what Mariota was gonna be are telling you that Wentz is even better, and people on here are putting their skirts and heels on now and don't wanna man up! if ya want that stud QB, you go get him!

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highly unlikely really.....Most likely it would cost Cox and our #8 pick.

I could see Cox and #8 as a starting point to get to number 1. I think the Titans would want more because they will have other offers that could trump ours. I could see San Fran going #7, 2017 1st rounder plus. Due to the size of what Fletch is going to cost salary wise I think that is more appealing.

I love Fletch our best bet is to keep him, offer up #8 a 2017 1st if they really want to get a QB. If that flys then they could trade Bradford next offseason maybe even recoupe the 1st round pick and free up the money to get Fletch signed.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilkerson actually has better career numbers dude....Cat had 12 sacks this year. Not in the same class??? Actually he is in that class.

IMO. No. He hasn't always played up to his ability. Cox, to me, has the better motor. I like Wilkerson (Temple and all that), but Fletcher is my main man. Whatever! You could be right. I just want to keep Cox here.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanna keep Coz here as well.... But when looking at this stuff you have to look at it like your the GM and his cap figure is astronomical come next season when he gets paid.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam Bradford and a 3rd

Haha if that's the scenario I say ship it!! I love Fletcher Cox, but you have to be a dummy not to take Wentz and Wilkerson for that price. Nice pipe dream, now make it happen!

Doc Green

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm highly doubtful of a move to one. If they were going to do that they would never have signed bradford. they'd have simply gone with daniels and saved the money.
the cost of the move to 1 is prohibitive, way more than what you propose. It would have to RGIII ish.
If a qb falls to them at 8 they may go that way but i'm very sceptical of the notion
What is that Arsenal logo under your profile? Go Gunners.

I disagree about signing Bradford, even if it an expensive smokescreen and a better option for 2016 than Daniels), but I'm with you about not going up to #1. I could see #4 (yeah, the Cowboys) if Cleveland takes Goff instead of Wentz (assuming SD takes Ramsey). Dallas can pick up two 3rds and still get Zeke at #8.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Dallas interest in Zeke is a smokescreen ... at least at 4 ... I see them either going QB or the best Defensive player on the board. With that OL they don't need Zeke to have a successful running game. They just need Romo and Dez to stay healthy on Offense and do just fine with a 2nd or 3rd round Back.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys think Wentz can come into camp and beat out Bradford? I highly doubt it. Thats why I have a hard time buying them moving up and giving up sooo much for a guy that won't start. I just think with coaches under so much pressure to "win now" and having such a short life span if you don't win it would be hard to give up picks and pass on a very good starter at 8 for a guy to sit a year.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Dallas interest in Zeke is a smokescreen ... at least at 4 ... I see them either going QB or the best Defensive player on the board. With that OL they don't need Zeke to have a successful running game. They just need Romo and Dez to stay healthy on Offense and do just fine with a 2nd or 3rd round Back.

Yeah I think they will be tempted to take Zeke but there will be a very good defensive pass rusher to hard to pass on to fill a bigger need on D. Bosa, Buckner, Jack

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys think Wentz can come into camp and beat out Bradford? I highly doubt it. Thats why I have a hard time buying them moving up and giving up sooo much for a guy that won't start. I just think with coaches under so much pressure to "win now" and having such a short life span if you don't win it would be hard to give up picks and pass on a very good starter at 8 for a guy to sit a year.
Your talking out your ass......Donovan Mcnabb couldn't beat out Doug Peterson to start his career. Most rookie Qb's aren't ready day one. Some get thrown to the wolves anyway, but most head coaches would prefer not to do that.
Your a rams fan, what the hell would you know about moving up to draft a qb? The last good QB you had Dick Vermeil found bagging groceries.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha if that's the scenario I say ship it!! I love Fletcher Cox, but you have to be a dummy not to take Wentz and Wilkerson for that price. Nice pipe dream, now make it happen!

I'm a dummy!

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pederson is not under any pressure to win now. they are rebooting after Chip. He has a one year grace period, although with the division in disarray, we could win it this year.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your talking out your ass......Donovan Mcnabb couldn't beat out Doug Peterson to start his career. Most rookie Qb's aren't ready day one. Some get thrown to the wolves anyway, but most head coaches would prefer not to do that.
Your a rams fan, what the hell would you know about moving up to draft a qb? The last good QB you had Dick Vermeil found bagging groceries.

I agree but it seems the rookie Qb's that get thrown to wolves really have no choice because they are forced to pick a QB like the Browns. Just seems now its different then when Mcnabb was drafted coaches seemed to have a bigger window to draft a QB to develop. Its like if you don't win in 3 years your done. I don't think the Eagles are to far off with a good draft. not giving it up to move up. If its not a smokescreen Ill be the first to say I was wrong.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a dummy!

While I'll agree Fletcher is the better player, Wilkerson is special as well. Wentz is a potential top 10 NFL QB, with upside to become even better. Sometimes you have to risk it to get your franchise guy. Not all risks pay-off, but is any of us really satisfied with just being relative? Wentz gives you a chance at seeing a Super Bowl. Ol Sammy Boy getting us to the ship? C'mon man, he's never even been to the playoffs -- excuses or not.