• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles Draft Thoughts (19 Days away)

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they were going in that direction they would have simply signed Daniels (and saved the money on Bradford) knowing they would have to give up a fortune to get to number one. the only way you're getting to one is if they have an RGIII type of deal. I doubt highly that they are going to move up.

There are no guarantees that you are going to be able to pull off the deal to get to 1 and I don't think teams have a draft plan set at the end of February ... which is when they had to have the deal in place for Bradford. My prediction is that the Titans deal away that first pick to the highest bidder ... it's a team with a load of needs who's GM has already stated that the pick was essentially for sale. They've won all of 5 games the past two years "combined"; Tunsil's a very good tackle, but unless a team like the Niners bowls them over with more, I think they would be thrilled to get 2 1st's and 2 3rd's back for that pick.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My sense is the QB stuff is very real, but just a contingency plan at this point.

The way I see it, Howie has done a good job this offseason of filling all holes on the roster with at least serviceable vets, so he can pick the best player available high in the draft.

This also affords him the opportunity to take a QB to develop if the opportunity presents itself, and the QB would not have to start.

What scares me is that they may take a guy like Paxton Lynch at 8. I am fine with Wentz or Goff--I would be thrilled actually if one fell--but I am not fine with Lynch at 8, he seems like a really risky prospect.

What I predict: we stand pat and take Vernon Hargreaves. This would not be flashy but Rowe and Hargreaves would give us a decent set of young corners and address a need.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My sense is the QB stuff is very real, but just a contingency plan at this point.

The way I see it, Howie has done a good job this offseason of filling all holes on the roster with at least serviceable vets, so he can pick the best player available high in the draft.

This also affords him the opportunity to take a QB to develop if the opportunity presents itself, and the QB would not have to start.

What scares me is that they may take a guy like Paxton Lynch at 8. I am fine with Wentz or Goff--I would be thrilled actually if one fell--but I am not fine with Lynch at 8, he seems like a really risky prospect.

What I predict: we stand pat and take Vernon Hargreaves. This would not be flashy but Rowe and Hargreaves would give us a decent set of young corners and address a need.

They won't select Lynch at #8 you can rest assured of that. Trade back perhaps but not at #8.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm highly doubtful of a move to one. If they were going to do that they would never have signed bradford. they'd have simply gone with daniels and saved the money.
the cost of the move to 1 is prohibitive, way more than what you propose. It would have to RGIII ish.
If a qb falls to them at 8 they may go that way but i'm very sceptical of the notion

I agree. Tenn isn't going to be impressed with 2 3rd picks. All the Niners would have to do is offer their 2nd and that would trump the Eagles offer. The Eagles would have to give up a quality starter on the roster for Tenn to even consider it imo.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think any of these QB's are worth trading a draft away for. I would really like to see what Braford can do in this offense. I think the Eagles are of the same opinion. He has a prove it type contract and they brought in Daniel as insurance if Bradford gets hurt or fails. Bradford didn't fit Chip's offense but he could be an excellent WCO QB.

I can see us taking a QB in the 3rd or 4th to groom for the future. That makes sense. I think we stand at 8 and pick Elliot. If Elliot is off the board then I think we trade back a few spots and take Conklin.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Tenn isn't going to be impressed with 2 3rd picks. All the Niners would have to do is offer their 2nd and that would trump the Eagles offer. The Eagles would have to give up a quality starter on the roster for Tenn to even consider it imo.

Agree that the Niners have the edge if they want the pick ... but Kap is an excellent match for Chip's Offense. Him understanding now that there isn't a team out there clamoring for his services may make Kap realize that the may not have it bad at all with his current salary and get off his ridiculous trade request. Denver is the only team who showed any interest in trading for him and they only want him if he cuts his salary in half. If Kap and the Niners get back into bed together they may easily chose to go another direction with their first rounder.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're not going QB. As much as Lurie is trying to relive Reid we don't have the 2nd pick. Unless someone drops to 8 or we trade back I see little chance we get a new QB in the first.

SixthStreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if you want to get to 1 for Wentz, you are looking at a guy like Hicks being part of the deal. Cheap, several more years of control, and a guy that has All-Pro potential.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles have set themselves up where they have "options". Bradford's cap hit this season is only the 20th highest cap hit of all QB's ... there are no guarantees past this season. While cutting him in 2017 would create sizable dead money it would pretty much equal Franchise tag money spread out to 2 years. Chase Daniel is signed to very good backup money, but nobody is confusing him with a Franchise QB. I don't see having Bradford/Daniels in the fold being any reason to think that the Eagles wouldn't pursue either Wentz or Goff if the opportunity or trade option is there. That being said, if they chose to go another route the are "ok" at QB for the present time.

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would anyone be opposed to trading our 1st for an additional 1st next year?

.....cause DeShaun Watson.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If 2 teams select Wentz and Goff very early, maybe a trade up with Balt to get a stud, ala Tunsil, Mack or Ramsey. Those are the 3 best players in the draft.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think i'll turn off my TV if we move up for a QB in the 1st round. As for my other thoughts 19 days away. Shit can't start soon enough. Having the draft at the end of April sucks ass.
That makes absolutely no sense bro~! If the Eagles feel there is a franchise QB to be had, we have to go get him! We select 8, how many times are we gonna be in a position to draft that high and make a move up even higher?
As I said several times, Wentz reminds me of a young Big Ben, and very similar to Blake Bortles, I'll take a Big ben or Blake Bortles in a heartbeat!

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....so yeah the draft cannot get here fast enough.

Trading the defensive tackle we don't want to pay, for another qb and a defensive tackle that we would have to pay/extend.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a weak rumor. Have not seen it anywhere else. Wilkerson is not in the same class as Fletcher.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a weak rumor. Have not seen it anywhere else. Wilkerson is not in the same class as Fletcher.
Wilkerson actually has better career numbers dude....Cat had 12 sacks this year. Not in the same class??? Actually he is in that class.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would we have to give up to get Wilkerson? I mean if we are giving up a 3rd and Cox for the 1st overall pick, whats it going to take to get Wilkerson?