• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles/Cowboys replay on NFL network

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone watch this recently. Man, watching that game made me really nervous about this season. It was one of those games where the Cowboys won the game but when time ran out the Eagles had more points on that board. Dallas completely shut Philly down during the 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarters. THey were getting to Foles NON stop. Your back up QB absolutely shredded us too. When Philly was up by two and Dallas went for the 2pt conversion Witten was WIIIIIIIIIIDE OPEN.

It really would be interesting what everyones feelings on Dallas and Philly right now if Dallas did win that game. Dallas was driving to take the lead and it was 4th and 2. Murray was also WIIIIIIIDE OPEN on a quick pass in the flat and luckily Conner Barwin knocked down the pass. Dallas EASILY could have won and it would be interesting to see how just a few inches would change what everyone was predicting for the 2014 Eagles and Boys.

Look for the replay on the NFL network.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone watch this recently. Man, watching that game made me really nervous about this season. It was one of those games where the Cowboys won the game but when time ran out the Eagles had more points on that board. Dallas completely shut Philly down during the 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarters. THey were getting to Foles NON stop. Your back up QB absolutely shredded us too. When Philly was up by two and Dallas went for the 2pt conversion Witten was WIIIIIIIIIIDE OPEN.

It really would be interesting what everyones feelings on Dallas and Philly right now if Dallas did win that game. Dallas was driving to take the lead and it was 4th and 2. Murray was also WIIIIIIIDE OPEN on a quick pass in the flat and luckily Conner Barwin knocked down the pass. Dallas EASILY could have won and it would be interesting to see how just a few inches would change what everyone was predicting for the 2014 Eagles and Boys.

Look for the replay on the NFL network.

GREAT POST.....That's how I see it everytime I watch that game.
As bad as Dallas was last year and playing a QB who had hardly played all season....just that close

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GREAT POST.....That's how I see it everytime I watch that game.
As bad as Dallas was last year and playing a QB who had hardly played all season....just that close

Right after we won that game I posted on here, "If Romo played the Eagles lose". What had me really concerned rewatching it is that a lot of experts say how good Phillys OLine is and how bad Dallas DLine was. The Cowboys DLine absolutely DOMINATED. Winning in this league 100% does take luck. If Dallas made the playoffs they easily could have beat Carolina. I think thats who they would have played. Just a tad bit of luck and 99% of the sports writers would be saying, "The 2014 Cowboys are looking to advance deep in the playoffs after a division title in 2013." But a few inches has some of them saying Dallas will be a mediocre team. That game really left a bad taste in my mouth and really showed me that Philly is NOT the clear cut division winner.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I DVRed it but haven't rewatched it yet. I agree with both of you. Not to say we had a good year and not to say we were a better team for the season than Philly, but we were "THAT CLOSE" to making the playoffs with just an amazing run of injuries. So it's not disrespect for Philly when I refuse to accept that we can't win the division this year. As a matter of fact with a healthy Sean Lee and assuming Romo is OK, my mind would even be a slight favorite. Bad part is I seem to say this every offseason with a different team on the other side

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interestingly Demarcus Ware had a good game. When McCoy ran to the left Ware consistently sealed the side and didnt get sucked in by McCoys shiftiness. You have to expect Lee would have helped contain McCoy on his runs to the right side. I dont know how McCoy gets people to bite on the inside after everyone tells the DE's/OLBs to set the edge. He was successful running to the right by suckering the ends inside. Lee is disciplined enough to not take McCoys bait.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way that things ended last season is one reason why I still think the NFCE is extremely close. The Cowboys had a historically bad defense and a backup QB playing in week 17, yet they were a play away from winning the division? Shiiiit. While I won't claim they're great, I won't buy that there's a significant gap between them and other teams in the division.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah we were very close, but the way I see it is division games are usually close regardless of the situation. It's tough to say if we would have won with Romo. For all we knew Romo could have thrown 5 interceptions in that game, and who knows if the defense would have stepped up like it did if Romo played. But it is what it is. The Boys lost.

I think it's what was done outside the division that defined the Cowboys last year and what I think separated them from the Eagles. The Eagles could beat the Packers, Bears, and Lions, and we couldn't. In my opinion, blowing those games against the Lions and Packers were more of the reason why we didn't win the division than losing that winner-take-all game to Philly. All 16 games are important if you want to make the playoffs so you gotta get wins when you can and not give them away because you never know, you could lose your starting qb to injury when you need him most. You can't give away a game you were completely dominating at home against a back up quarterback while giving up 5 TDs in the 2nd half to that back up quarterback or.....blow a game because of a stupid holding penalty when you are in position to run the clock down to the point where the opponent can't drive 80 yards down the field before time expires and expect to back your way into the playoffs.

I want this team to win badly and no doubt I will always have hope and faith in this team, but regardless of how close we all think we are or how close we think this division is, it's tough to trust a team that has only been consistent in playing .500 football, failing to put together noteworthy winning streaks, giving away at least one or two games a year in spectacular fashion that they had no business losing, and not once rising to the occasion and coming out with a win in three straight win-and-in games. The faith and hope I have in this team will always be there, the trust is long gone.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interestingly Demarcus Ware had a good game. When McCoy ran to the left Ware consistently sealed the side and didnt get sucked in by McCoys shiftiness. You have to expect Lee would have helped contain McCoy on his runs to the right side. I dont know how McCoy gets people to bite on the inside after everyone tells the DE's/OLBs to set the edge. He was successful running to the right by suckering the ends inside. Lee is disciplined enough to not take McCoys bait.

DeMarcus is a warrior. He was playing with one arm last year. He will have 12-13 sacks in Denver this year and be the difference in them winning the Super Bowl IMO, over the Packers or Saints

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeMarcus is a warrior. He was playing with one arm last year. He will have 12-13 sacks in Denver this year and be the difference in them winning the Super Bowl IMO, over the Packers or Saints

Talk about a guy you want to see do well regardless of what Jersey he is wearing. The problem is if he does do well I will smile then cry.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much respect for Ware...:nod: class act.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep nothing but a class act I do wish Ware well in Denver and hope he does get the ring he well deserves