• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles-Cowboys Game Thread.

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep telling people that but folks seem to think 11-5 will miss the playoffs.

if Detroit, Dallas, GB all win out, it won't matter what the Eagles do

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to add DB's and a top notch QB "somehow" through the draft. Until that happens we're not going anywhere. Sanchez ... Foles ... potato, potahto ... neither takes us any further than the other imo.

G

greenwing

Hey greenwing, you're on fuckin block now you pUssy. I'd rather listEn to my wife and daughter, they know more about football than you do.

Hey go buy a Sanchez and Jenkins jersey because you clearly know more about football than I especially when you ran your mouth when I called out Jenkins and Sanchez and you thought I was full of shit! Just make sure its XXXXXXLLLLLLL to fit your fat belly!

Last edited by a moderator:

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to add DB's and a top notch QB "somehow" through the draft. Until that happens we're not going anywhere. Sanchez ... Foles ... potato, potahto ... neither takes us any further than the other imo.

I don't think anyone thought Sanchez was the answer

The question is is Foles going to be good enough of a QB for the Eagles to make some noise if other needs are addressed such as fixing the atrocious secondary

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The question is is Foles going to be good enough of a QB for the Eagles to make some noise if other needs are addressed such as fixing the atrocious secondary

I don't see Foles that much of a difference than what we saw in Sanchez. Prior to getting hurt he was among the worst in the league in Int's and had fallen into all sorts of bad habits throwing while backing up. This system needs a mobile QB "with" accuracy both from the pocket and on the run. Mariota would be great as a prospect, but we're not trading what would be needed to make the deal. We can go with a Bryce Petty and hope for the best I guess ... trade Foles for a 3rd or 4th rounder.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sanchez sucks. I know some say his issues was because of the offense he had forced on him with the Jets. I did not buy and said so. He definitely is a career backup.

What bothers me the most is that this is a game I do not think the Eagles should have lost. Yes the start was horrible but after that first qtr CK settled down and did a really good job. The problem tonight was execution. Sanchez made some really bad throws missing wide open receivers. Taking horrible sacks. The interception is all on him and what made it worse is that Ertz was wide open.

Billy Davis.....where do I even begin? Don't have the time now but he needs to be replaced. He has hid behind the talent of the Eagles front 7 all season but his defensive calls have been just bad all year long.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess Sanchez won't be going to Pats or Genos after this Sunday nite game.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a QB, OG, Huff or Matthews to replace Cooper, an ILB to replace Ryans, two new CBs & another Safety.

QB-Not sure how we pull that off picking in the 20s at worst. Even in a trade up, we wouldnt be able to get to Mariota. Maybe Petty if we stand pat. Hopefully he is legit if he is the guy. Shit he may not even be there.

OG-Cant see a FA with Mathis upset about his $. Gotta be a draft pick. Maybe 3rd rd.

CB- At worst...2nd rd. pick + FA. HUGE needs that have to be added.

S- Probably have to go draft.

ILB - Draft again.

Dont have enough picks to fill the needs..much less be able to trade up to get Mariota. I cant wait til 2016. :L

Last edited by a moderator:

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip was asked about Dez being single teamed so often and he said he'd have to talk to Billy about that issue ... lol. Would love to be a fly on the wall with that conversation.

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Foles that much of a difference than what we saw in Sanchez. Prior to getting hurt he was among the worst in the league in Int's and had fallen into all sorts of bad habits throwing while backing up. This system needs a mobile QB "with" accuracy both from the pocket and on the run. Mariota would be great as a prospect, but we're not trading what would be needed to make the deal. We can go with a Bryce Petty and hope for the best I guess ... trade Foles for a 3rd or 4th rounder.

:lol:

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see us just barely getting by the next few years with sucky QBs and Chip finally giving up & going to wherever Mariota is. Ugh...Im so sick of always needing a QB. :mad:

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why everyone was ready to give up on Foles

they act like he was supposed to duplicate that ridiculous Hall of Fame'esque TD/INT ratio from 2013, which was never going to happen in a million years

he was still among the top 5 in yards passing before his injury, was STILL winning games, despite........

how everyone seems to forget how bad the Offensive Line was in shambles to start the season with Lane Johnson out, Kelce out, someone else out that I forget at moment

how everyone seems to forget how bad Shady was to start the season, and they cut Foles TOP fucking go to receiver in Desean Jackson and nice safety net

but yet he was still 6-2, and was 9 for 12 with a td and one INT against a really tough Houston defense in that game before he got hurt

now, if the Eagles were to get Mariota, that would be awesome, but IMO its him or stick with Foles because all Foles has proven since he took over the job from Vick is that he just flat out wins

Eagles

6-2 with Foles as starter

3-3 with Sanchez as starter

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While true, we've at least seen Foles play at a high level. We've never seen Sanchez play at a high level...even in those playoff wins.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see us just barely getting by the next few years with sucky QBs and Chip finally giving up & going to wherever Mariota is. Ugh...Im so sick of always needing a QB. :mad:

Yeah its a real precarious spot right now through next season. Lack of QB will sink the Chip Kelly experiment quick fast and in a hurry. I'm for doing whatever it takes to get a QB Chip wants.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles and Sanchez basically had the same stats this year ... Foles did good last year, but had more turnovers than TD's this year (13 TD's, 10 Int's 4 Fumbles). Is he a little better than Sanchez? probably ... but not enough to take us any further imo. Neither is a QB I'd have any confidence in to take us to a Super Bowl. What Foles did last year is irrelevant now ... Michael Vick was the runner up MVP the first year he had significant PT here; made no difference the following years.