• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles acquire Dorial Green-Beckham from Titans

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dennis Kelly is a career backup OT, a former 5th rounder out of Purdue. It tells you something that he got traded even though Lane Johnson is getting suspended--he's garbage. Looked a little better at RG than RT IMO but has never looked like a starter.

That said, he is high character garbage, and his floor is higher than DGB's who may be out of football in another year.

I'm not sure even that is true. Kelly could similarly be out of football in another year.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unless the receiver they cut to keep him ends up better than him or unless he still can't learn how to run a pattern and cuts wrong and the result is a huge int that loses them the game, or unless they need to play an even worse OL than Kelly (they do have one OL out for most of the year and Peters is always a health question at this point) that gets there two remaining QBs hurt. Remember Philly's Offense is going to be totally different, maybe he'd be a better fit going forward?

IMO I think this is a good move by Philly to try it. The kid has talent. But, I just don't agree with the "lost nothing" comment. It's never that simple and DGB was beat out by guys last year that won't make the team this year. But, if I'm a Philly fan I'm dying to see this guy play in a preseason game and see if he can get his head screwed on right.

What you've outlined is effectively "nothing." A roster spot. The slim possibility that whoever replaces Kelly at guard is worse than him. Some future hypothetical scenario where a quarterback gets injured and the injury wouldn't have happened if Dennis Kelly were on the team. The possibility that DGB makes a mistake that costs the Eagles a game during what will likely be a meaningless season.

Three of those things are hypothetical situations that need to be weighed against the opposite possibilities that Kelly's replacement is better than him, that Kelly might have done something that caused an injury to a QB, and the possibility that a mistake that costs them a game could be made by whatever receiver would be on the field if DGB weren't acquired. In the end, all of the hypothetical situations probably equal each other out -- and so they're not really worth consideration.

So we're left with the fact that he will take up a roster spot. Even that isn't guaranteed since he might not prove himself to be worthy of one. But that's the same thing it would have cost the Eagles if they signed him in free agency. In other words, I wholeheartedly stand by my statement that the Eagles acquired DGB for nothing.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and you'd still be wrong...

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit

Team Y doesn't need him, because Team Y has the best receivers ever. That one guy caught a touchdown last year, and they drafted another guy, and that undrafted rookie free agent looked really good in minicamp. And don't even get me started on the options at tight end!
Rod, spare us your nit-picking, techno-babble!

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and you'd still be wrong...

You've mentioned a bunch of ridiculous hypothetical situations as proof that the Eagles have given up more than nothing in order to acquire Green-Beckham. The only actual thing of value that you mentioned was a roster spot. The value of a roster spot, particularly one dedicated to a high-upside WR on a team with very little talent at WR, is negligible. On top of that, he isn't even guaranteed that spot.

Then again, you're apparently both a Yankees and Cowboys fans, so maybe I'm wasting my time.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've mentioned a bunch of ridiculous hypothetical situations as proof that the Eagles have given up more than nothing in order to acquire Green-Beckham. The only actual thing of value that you mentioned was a roster spot. The value of a roster spot, particularly one dedicated to a high-upside WR on a team with very little talent at WR, is negligible. On top of that, he isn't even guaranteed that spot.

Then again, you're apparently both a Yankees and Cowboys fans, so maybe I'm wasting my time.
no, but clearly an idiot if you think there is any pertinence there. Want to talk fan bases? God you are from Philly. the cesspool of fanbases.:noidea:
You gave up a guy that played a role for you and was still young and another team wanted. Say you didn't like the guy, say you think he'd be cut, but it wasn't nothing. Your OL has been nowhere near what it was a few years back and giving away pieces that may battle for a role there isn't nothing.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, but clearly an idiot if you think there is any pertinence there. Want to talk fan bases? God you are from Philly. the cesspool of fanbases.:noidea:
You gave up a guy that played a role for you and was still young and another team wanted. Say you didn't like the guy, say you think he'd be cut, but it wasn't nothing. Your OL has been nowhere near what it was a few years back and giving away pieces that may battle for a role there isn't nothing.

What role did Dennis Kelly play? He's been passed by rookies on the depth chart at guard. He's 26 years old and shown no progress from his rookie season. How badly did another team want him? Tennessee indicated that the Eagles reached out to them about the trade. A player that can "battle for a role" on the offensive line can be picked up if need be.

You're seriously going to continue to argue that Dennis Kelly has value to the 2016 Eagles? I'm done with this. It's clear that I have wasted my time.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A positive for the Eagles. They figured they can pick up a OL roster cut as good as Kelly. GB is a total head case, reported out of shape, didn't follow teams directions, he must be garbage to give up on him so quickly.

Give the guy a fresh start and a couple weeks and hope for the best, nothing lost.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DGB was a 2+ year project even if he can into camp in shape, etc, etc. He was basically the Blaine Gabbert of WRs except with higher upside.

This is much ado about nothing except that now the Titans are entering next season without a #1 WR for sure.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Super Bowl!!!!!!!!!

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DGB was a 2+ year project even if he can into camp in shape, etc, etc. He was basically the Blaine Gabbert of WRs except with higher upside.

This is much ado about nothing except that now the Titans are entering next season without a #1 WR for sure.
I can't think of a team that has a worse WR core than Justin Hunter, Rishard Matthews, Harry Douglas and Andre Johnson. Delanie Walker is going to be the main target in Nashville again.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't think of a team that has a worse WR core than Justin Hunter, Rishard Matthews, Harry Douglas and Andre Johnson. Delanie Walker is going to be the main target in Nashville again.
Yeah, Ive never been a Justin Hunter fan. Kendall Wright is serviceable and Walker is good but after that its a bunch of replaceable players.

The Rams WR/TE is prob worse

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Ive never been a Justin Hunter fan. Kendall Wright is serviceable and Walker is good but after that its a bunch of replaceable players.

The Rams WR/TE is prob worse
Weird, I didn't list Kendall Wright because he isn't listed on the roster on ESPN.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but for your missing K.Wright (which I see you corrected). Still, even with Wright, they need a WR. It really says something about DGB that they'd trade him away for a backup O-lineman.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some of you are jelly over this move since this now puts the Eagles at the front runner for the NFC title!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird, I didn't list Kendall Wright because he isn't listed on the roster on ESPN.
The one I checked had Taeje Sharpe (who?) as their #1, Wright as their #2 and Hunter as their #3.

You kinda knew that DGB was having issues when a report came out that said that DGB let a Matt Cassel pass 'zip' through his hands.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What role did Dennis Kelly play? He's been passed by rookies on the depth chart at guard. He's 26 years old and shown no progress from his rookie season. How badly did another team want him? Tennessee indicated that the Eagles reached out to them about the trade. A player that can "battle for a role" on the offensive line can be picked up if need be.

You're seriously going to continue to argue that Dennis Kelly has value to the 2016 Eagles? I'm done with this. It's clear that I have wasted my time.
You can keep acting like a dick as if that helps your case, but it doesn't. He is fighting for the RT job as of today, right? Yes you moved as rookie in front of him but if your team makes their depth chart on 8/16 they deserve to be as bad as some think they will be. Who knows how babre will do. At worst he is #2 RT while PED man is out for 10 games. I don't know about you but I see that as "value to the 2016 Eagles". Wasn't he active a lot of games last year? Isn't he capable of playing multiple positions? You are comfortable saying Peters won't miss time? He could be your swing tackle on game day.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one I checked had Taeje Sharpe (who?) as their #1, Wright as their #2 and Hunter as their #3.

You kinda knew that DGB was having issues when a report came out that said that DGB let a Matt Cassel pass 'zip' through his hands.

Sharpe is a rookie that has been really impressive throughout camp.

I wouldn't sleep on Matthews breaking either now that he's away from Miami and Tannehill.

It's not the 07 Pats or the Greatest Show on Turf, but it's not the Rams, and hell it's not even worst set of Titans WRs in the last 10 years.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rishard will be the go-to guy of the WRs. Tajae Sharpe will be good but may need some time, great hands.