• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dynasty/Keeper questions

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you are referring to the keeper rules, OBJ was a keeper from previous season so he cost my best available pick, and Allen was my 1st round pick last yr, so his cost = 1st round pick this year.

if you just meant top level, why OBJ over Allen, I think it comes down to team distribution for me.
I think Rivers will regress a little bit next season, more mouths to feed with the emergence of Mike Williams and Hunter Henry recovery.
Back to Rivers - we don't often see a QB have his most efficient season combined with top QB stats in the league at 38+ yrs old. I just don't think he'll repeat
Ok well just to finish this up then, I don't agree with your "Rivers is old now so fuck that passing game" theory. Not even a little bit so to me...

It looks like you can have your best team if you keep Keenan with your 1st, mccaffrey with your 2nd, kamara with your 3rd and michel with your 8th.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok well just to finish this up then, I don't agree with your "Rivers is old now so fuck that passing game" theory. Not even a little bit so to me...

It looks like you can have your best team if you keep Keenan with your 1st, mccaffrey with your 2nd, kamara with your 3rd and michel with your 8th.
You’ve been missing the boat a lot lately

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivers is a top QB that's never hurt. Keenan is his productive #1.

You are inventing a fear to justify I don't know what, but it's invented nonetheless.

if you like Allen more than Beckham then fine... You wont be the only person who likes Allen more...

Nobody here is saying that Allen is not an elite WR... But we are comparing keeping Allen to Beckham... and if you are not willing to keep Beckham, then why the hell would you keep Allen???

Both have an aging QB, who is at the back end of their career... But the giants situation really can not get worse, while the chargers situation can... which is pretty scary by itself...

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what it's worth, I agree with eagles.

Rivers is about as consistent as they come. Even when Keenan was out with injuries. Not to mention, Rivers isn't the keeper in question. Allen is.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what it's worth, I agree with eagles.

Rivers is about as consistent as they come. Even when Keenan was out with injuries. Not to mention, Rivers isn't the keeper in question. Allen is.

so i think that means you are in the 'keep Allen' camp, but to clarify, would you keep:

Allen - 1st round
CMC - 2nd round
Kamara - 3rd round

or

Kamara - 1st round
CMC - 2nd Round
Beckham - 3rd round

or neither WR and go HEAVY at RB and keep Kamara (1st), CMC (2nd), Michel (7th), Lindsay (17th)

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so i think that means you are in the 'keep Allen' camp, but to clarify, would you keep:

Allen - 1st round
CMC - 2nd round
Kamara - 3rd round

or

Kamara - 1st round
CMC - 2nd Round
Beckham - 3rd round

or neither WR and go HEAVY at RB and keep Kamara (1st), CMC (2nd), Michel (7th), Lindsay (17th)

The order doesn’t matter. It’s allen vs Beckham. Or neither.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Allen - 1st round
CMC - 2nd round
Kamara - 3rd round

or

Kamara - 1st round
CMC - 2nd Round
Beckham - 3rd round

I'd lean the first option (Allen, CMC, Kamara). The only thing that might have me revise the list depends on where ODB may end up. But not all destinations are ideal.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as always - great stuff to knock around and think about

I'll surely update as we get closer to decision time
I'm also certain I'll post a few more dynasty-related questions from my other leagues as well.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that brings us to another question: Do you need to keep 4???

Again, i never said dont keep Kamara... I said that if you keep kamara then you are keeping ODB, and vice versa... as they are a package deal.. and said that he should be keeping both...

but i guess, if you must keep 4 then i can see your point, since Brees is no longer a keeper... and by not keeping those 2 he would only have 3 legit keepers...

Yes. You defintely keep 4.

The only time keeping fewer would be a viable alternative is if he projected to get better players in the draft.

1st round- not going to get a player better than Kamara
2nd round- not going to get a player better than CMAC
3rd round- not going to get a player better than OBJ

Also, if I understand correctly, Lindsay and Michele would have to be kept with the top available pick in 2020 instead of their respective rounds today. This greatly reduces their long term keeper value. So I wouldn't feel too bad about throwing one of them back in the pool.

Defintely need to keep those big 3 + 1 of the late RBs.