• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dynasty 1

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Microwahevo sat amari cooper and is play for last place....
His 22 yards wouldn't have helped.

And I've been in play for last place since the rash of injuries hit my team. Believe me, I had every belief that my team would compete for the title this year. Traded for Charles last year thinking he'd be fine this year. Nope. AP and Ameer going down sure didn't help things. Maclin, who I thought wouldn't be dog shit, has been, well, dog shit. And I put my faith in Gordon as well. Wasn't the year I had hoped for. We'll see what next year holds.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And I've been in play for last place since the rash of injuries hit my team. Believe me, I had every belief that my team would compete for the title this year. Traded for Charles last year thinking he'd be fine this year. Nope. AP and Ameer going down sure didn't help things. Maclin, who I thought wouldn't be dog shit, has been, well, dog shit. And I put my faith in Gordon as well. Wasn't the year I had hoped for. We'll see what next year holds.
not saying it would of, but benching a top 10 player....

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Still. Benching active players for injured ones should not be a thought. If you feel Vereen or Josh Gordon are too valuable to drop, that's your decision, but it effects everyone when your lineup has inactives. Having active players on your bench (especially those of a Cooper talent), seems a bit shady.:2cents:

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still. Benching active players for injured ones should not be a thought. If you feel Vereen or Josh Gordon are too valuable to drop, that's your decision, but it effects everyone when your lineup has inactives. Having active players on your bench (especially those of a Cooper talent), seems a bit shady.:2cents:
Agreed, angling for the #1 pick is one thing, benching your best guys and making a beeline for it is another..I was in contention for that pick myself

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed, angling for the #1 pick is one thing, benching your best guys and making a beeline for it is another..I was in contention for that pick myself

exactly

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also it's not like he was hurt or on a bye the week prior n we forgot to change it, bc we've all done thst

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had Maclin in last week as well. Didn't hear a peep from steelers then.

And I'm aware that everything teams do affects everyone else. Everybody has had a great shot at beating me since my roster health went downhill drastically fast. I'm not dropping these guys just to fill an active roster. I had full faith in my team to start the year, and it changed rather quickly, and unexpectedly. What am I competing for at this point in the season? A win against another shitty team? That and four quarters will still only get me a dollar.

There isn't much my team can do at this point, in any matchup. I've put forth an effort but early on/middle of season the wheels fell off. I dont feel I need to explain much further. Believe me, I'd rather be in the playoff hunt than trying to improve my team through the draft.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And I'm aware that everything teams do affects everyone else. Everybody has had a great shot at beating me since my roster health went downhill drastically fast. I'm not dropping these guys just to fill an active roster. I had full faith in my team to start the year, and it changed rather quickly, and unexpectedly. What am I competing for at this point in the season? A win against another shitty team? That and four quarters will still only get me a dollar.

There isn't much my team can do at this point, in any matchup. I've put forth an effort but early on/middle of season the wheels fell off. I dont feel I need to explain much further. Believe me, I'd rather be in the playoff hunt than trying to improve my team through the draft.
dude u sat a top ten guy, i'm benching my whole team....if i knew it was ok to tank for the top pick i would of..... but

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also it's not like he was hurt or on a bye the week prior n we forgot to change it, bc we've all done thst
dude u sat a top ten guy, i'm benching my whole team....if i knew it was ok to tank for the top pick i would of..... but
Definitely wasn't tanking, but there wasn't much to compete for at this point. Me not taking out Maclin for Cooper wasn't the end all be all. I didn't bench my entire team, I simply didn't replace one player. I've been filling as active of a roster I could all season.

But you go ahead and do what you have to do.

It sounds like you're mad you actually won.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
u sat a top 10 wr, and admitted to not trying, justify it how u will

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
u sat a top 10 wr, and admitted to not trying, justify it how u will
Never said I didn't try. Just there wasn't much my team was capable of, and exchanging one player for another wasn't gonna do shit. I didnt sit my entire team like you're suggesting you are going to do. I don't care that you're mad about winning our matchup. I'm done explaining my side.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh your full of shit. mbbrl says no tanking, you tanked. again deflect all you want by saying i'm mad i won

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I am wanting to interject but I know I didnt get a ton of time to look at my rosters during the holiday weekend. Since it was one player I dont think I would count that as tanking :2cents:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I am wanting to interject but I know I didnt get a ton of time to look at my rosters during the holiday weekend. Since it was one player I dont think I would count that as tanking :2cents:
top ten option?

for a group of guys all about integrity, and fair play. a gent sits a top ten guy, then basically says he's not trying because he's team is injured......and i'm the dick

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
top ten option? twice....
fair enough I was only looking at this week. I do remember tanking being discussed quiet a bit during the creation of the league. As a member of multiple dynasty leagues I think as long as you have a legal roster to the best of your ability you are good. I am speaking generally here and not specifically referencing anyone in this league.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get all that... but the millisecond Shane Vereen is labelled out for season, I think holding him at the expense of a legal roster is not good for your team, or the league.

Maybe we need I.R. spots as the first discussion for next season.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dunno i guess it's just me that feels like filling a legal roster is mandatory. ppl forget butthats not the case