• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dynasty 1

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those calculators are no different than us using our own rankings. I do enjoy looking at them though.

I agree. I use dynastytradecalculator.com which costs $10.00 per year to use, but I like it because you can choose full point ppr, half point ppr, or non-ppr and most anything involving dynasty only uses PPR calculations. But even then I don't think they ever value running backs as highly as people in any league I do does so I kind of take it with a grain of salt. I do like the value they put on draft picks though because I think it's generally pretty close.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I use dynastytradecalculator.com which costs $10.00 per year to use, but I like it because you can choose full point ppr, half point ppr, or non-ppr and most anything involving dynasty only uses PPR calculations. But even then I don't think they ever value running backs as highly as people in any league I do does so I kind of take it with a grain of salt. I do like the value they put on draft picks though because I think it's generally pretty close.
I just like to look at them and see the difference between my offers. If they are anywhere near equal in value its worth a dart. If they are far apart I dont even bother.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I find out last night, the dynasty 101 calculator has A. Cooper worth more than Kelce...something tells me I don't know too many peeps that do that deal. Lol. Frustrating as it can be sometimes..I f'n love this stuff

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I find out last night, the dynasty 101 calculator has A. Cooper worth more than Kelce...something tells me I don't know too many peeps that do that deal. Lol. Frustrating as it can be sometimes..I f'n love this stuff
I use that one along several others plus the 'lefty' factor based on league preference/tendencies (ie, how the particular league values QBs, RBs, WRs and TEs) + individual teams needs. Those last two parts are not considered in any calculator out there - and, in the end, is really the most important factor in my book. ... makes no sense offering a WR to someone already stacked at the position for a RB.

Last edited:

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only trade calculator that I have ever used is my own judgement and analysis. So when I don't agree with their calculations it is all on me.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm undecided on a offer I will use a calculator, just to see how they grade it. However these calculators don't take a lot of things into consideration as Lefty spoke of. They certainly don't grade positions like we do. Most offers I'm not undecided on, so not that often I actually use the calculators.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I offered a trade in here recently to someone that Fantasy Pros trade calculator said was slightly in favor of the other person. I looked at the trade and told myself, they would view it as lopsided my way.

The person rejected it outright. As I would have done in their shoes.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I offered a trade in here recently to someone that Fantasy Pros trade calculator said was slightly in favor of the other person. I looked at the trade and told myself, they would view it as lopsided my way.

The person rejected it outright. As I would have done in their shoes.

Well that probably means it involved a running back :) I haven't found one yet that values running backs correctly.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that probably means it involved a running back :) I haven't found one yet that values running backs correctly.

Yes. I have learned to take the calculators with a grain of salt. They tend to value RBs less then the people in this league and they do not seem to have the dropoff in draft picks that we do.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how exactly they determine their values? Is it just some douche just like us just throwing together random numbers? Or do they have a complicated algorithm that combines things like ADP from multiple sources, auction values, ages, 100+ "expert" rankings? If it ain't the second one, what's the point?

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, in D1 - taking calculator values and multiplying RBs by 2 vs any other position may get you close to what it's gonna take most of the time - stud RB may be higher than that. .... :noidea:

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have no use for a calculator
basically for all the reasons already stated

and

ill add one more especially on lower end trades

the calculator could dictate that i win the trade big time yet the winning factor(player) may not cut into my line up

so i really only trade by needs...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and

the calculator could dictate that i win the trade big time yet the winning factor(player) may not cut into my line up

Well yeah, think that's true of most everyone. The calculator IMO is for trades your undecided on basically and even then doesn't carry much weight. Maybe if your exactly 50/50, but not if your 45/55. I use them on occasion, often times after I've done a deal. I appreciate that the tool is there to use, but unfortunately the tool has a ways to go.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well yeah, think that's true of most everyone. The calculator IMO is for trades your undecided on basically and even then doesn't carry much weight. Maybe if your exactly 50/50, but not if your 45/55. I use them on occasion, often times after I've done a deal. I appreciate that the tool is there to use, but unfortunately the tool has a ways to go.
I only use really use them to see if I'm way off base AFTER an offer has been rejected/laughed at/offended the other owner. Otherwise just a little tool to play around wirh

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how exactly they determine their values? Is it just some douche just like us just throwing together random numbers? Or do they have a complicated algorithm that combines things like ADP from multiple sources, auction values, ages, 100+ "expert" rankings? If it ain't the second one, what's the point?
I think it truly is the later - - but that still does not take in to account, your team or whomever you're dealing with's actual needs - it's relative value only - nor is the all important wild-card factor of personal likes and dislikes. .... and of course in any MBBRL setting the value placed on RBs.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and

You also have me for a trade partner, so that helps! :pound::pound::pound:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Trudem - Let's talk about Kerryon. Or, on the flip side, interested in CJ?

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Trudem - Let's talk about Kerryon. Or, on the flip side, interested in CJ?
Im always happy to talk. Shoot me a PM and we can start looking at whatever you want to look at. HOwever my urge to acquire CJ is negligible unless its off the scrap heap.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im always happy to talk. Shoot me a PM and we can start looking at whatever you want to look at. HOwever my urge to acquire CJ is negligible unless its off the scrap heap.
If he'd just stayed there, where he belongs, I'd still own Kerryon.. Lil bastard weasels his way into everything