• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dynasty 1

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like I remember something being said about early May - like a week after the NFL draft. @TREFF ?
We've got a one week gap between end o the real draft and our rookie draft. No calendar in front of me ATM, but the second Monday after the draft.

D2 will be drafting during that week though

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've got a one week gap between end o the real draft and our rookie draft. No calendar in front of me ATM, but the second Monday after the draft.
D2 will be drafting during that week though
I guess there are a few overlaps between the leagues, but since both are 'slow' don't think it should affect anyone too much. .... that would be May 6 I believe. ...heck, we could go, say Wed, the week before if preferred :D

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess there are a few overlaps between the leagues, but since both are 'slow' don't think it should affect anyone too much. .... that would be May 6 I believe. ...heck, we could go, say Wed, the week before if preferred :D
Wouldn't surprise me too much if we've got a few, or more, picks in by then.

Technically, the 1.1 can make their pick official anytime they want between now and then. And so on and so on.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't surprise me too much if we've got a few, or more, picks in by then.
Technically, the 1.1 can make their pick official anytime they want between now and then. And so on and so on.
I'm good either way. .... BTW - when does our FA open ?

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A one week, or five day, or whatever (3?) waiver period beginning at end of draft, then free for all until week one

Just a reminder that this is what we passed last year in the poll we did by a vote of 9 to 4 to begin with the 2019 season:

D1 Waiver/Free agency period during off-season poll

The window would be a three day waiver period, beginning the morning after the real draft is over, followed by free agency until the day before our draft (TBD). The wire would be frozen again throughout the process of our draft, draft would operate as before, allowing owners to draft free agents as well as anyone dropped during the draft. Then another three day waiver period, followed by free agency until week 1.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a reminder that this is what we passed last year in the poll we did by a vote of 9 to 4 to begin with the 2019 season:

D1 Waiver/Free agency period during off-season poll

The window would be a three day waiver period, beginning the morning after the real draft is over, followed by free agency until the day before our draft (TBD). The wire would be frozen again throughout the process of our draft, draft would operate as before, allowing owners to draft free agents as well as anyone dropped during the draft. Then another three day waiver period, followed by free agency until week 1.
Aww fuck, forgot about that.

Yea, what he said

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy Moley, someone 'splain this to me, Lucy!

Speak-Splain.gif

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Speak-Splain.gif
Basically a one week period to make waiver claims/ add any free agents pre draft. I honestly have no idea why, but nine others thought it was a good idea, so we've got it.

Drops can be made whenever, adds can only happen during this period, during the draft, and then after

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Speak-Splain.gif

So in real days, the NFL draft ends on Saturday. Starting on Sunday, all the free agents will be put on waivers (and just an FYI, because rookies will already be in the player pool, nobody be a dumbass and pick up a rookie). Waivers will clear on Wednesday the 1st and then all players will become a free agent until our draft begins on May 6th in which time all transactions will be frozen again until the end of our draft. Once our draft is over there will be another three day waiver period and then free agency until the start of the regular season.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in real days, the NFL draft ends on Saturday. Starting on Sunday, all the free agents will be put on waivers (and just an FYI, because rookies will already be in the player pool, nobody be a dumbass and pick up a rookie). Waivers will clear on Wednesday the 1st and then all players will become a free agent until our draft begins on May 6th in which time all transactions will be frozen again until the end of our draft. Once our draft is over there will be another three day waiver period and then free agency until the start of the regular season.
Now that's a mouthful. ..... but I like it.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So like this:

NFL draft ends on sunday -->monday begins waiver period for all non rookie players -->player acquisition freezes May 6th until our draft --> finally after our draft is completed another waiver period then free for all?

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So like this:

NFL draft ends on sunday -->monday begins waiver period for all non rookie players -->player acquisition freezes May 6th until our draft --> finally after our draft is completed another waiver period then free for all?

Well almost. The NFL draft doesn't end on Sunday, it runs from Thursday - Saturday, so the waiver period would begin on Sunday and then all non-rookie players would become free agents on Wednesday after waivers clear until all player acquisitions freeze on May 6th which is the start of our draft.