• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dynasty 1

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I finally got around to looking at the scoring in this league (yes it's taken this long) and what the hell is the deal with the defensive negative points? Are you telling me that if my team gives up 46 points and 500 yards that is worth -20 freaking points. Seems a little extreme on the negative points side of things. I hate negative points in general on defense, but that seems extremely excessive. I've never seen more than a -5 for each category which would cap you at -10.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'd love to add 0.5 ppr but that really messes with rosters but im with you bandit

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I finally got around to looking at the scoring in this league (yes it's taken this long) and what the hell is the deal with the defensive negative points? Are you telling me that if my team gives up 46 points and 500 yards that is worth -20 freaking points. Seems a little extreme on the negative points side of things. I hate negative points in general on defense, but that seems extremely excessive. I've never seen more than a -5 for each category which would cap you at -10.
I certainly didn't campaign hard for it, but i love it. 40+ pts and 500 yards is a PATHETIC defensive effort and starting a team that sucks that badly should cost you accordingly. They most likely lost the game that week for their team, no reason they shouldn't be a significant negative on ours. But surely in the course of that debacle, they had a couple sacks and a turnover, they'd end up better than -20

Plus, it helps put an end to the idea of a defense not being a big deal, "I'll just grab whoever is playing the Browns or Rams, or whatever, that week" Crap offenses can take crap defenses to the woodshed often, rarely does a string defense suck badly regardless of who they're playing

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly didn't campaign hard for it, but i love it. 40+ pts and 500 yards is a PATHETIC defensive effort and starting a team that sucks that badly should cost you accordingly. They most likely lost the game that week for their team, no reason they shouldn't be a significant negative on ours. But surely in the course of that debacle, they had a couple sacks and a turnover, they'd end up better than -20

Plus, it helps put an end to the idea of a defense not being a big deal, "I'll just grab whoever is playing the Browns or Rams, or whatever, that week" Crap offenses can take crap defenses to the woodshed often, rarely does a string defense suck badly regardless of who they're playing

So with that logic, then you are saying that giving up 50 points and 500 yards by your defense is the equivalent of throwing 10 interceptions or losing 10 fumbles by an offensive player? How does that make any sense?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So with that logic, then you are saying that giving up 50 points and 500 yards by your defense is the equivalent of throwing 10 interceptions or losing 10 fumbles by an offensive player? How does that make any sense?
That's an easy answer, both situations equate to a guaranteed loss.. both in real life and fantasy

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, first let me say that given the rules as they are today, I'm fine with our DST. Yet for the 27th time (yes I keep count), note that I completely disagree with the DST concept in general. In a 'sport' (fantasy) that emphasizes individual effort in every other aspect, the DST concept IMO is just the lazy way the industry found to included that portion of the actual game. ......
Along those lines, the worst word you can associate with your DST is 'prevent' (when the team gets 30pts ahead). Prevent (translated) means you will start losing DST pts accumulated to that point. ....

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To contrast your question, assuming threat sane defense in a standard scoring league where they can't go negative, scores 6 by way of 2 sacks and a turnover. .. how can one justify those 6 points when those 6 might outscore your flex at 5 for 50, who caught the pass that put his team on position for a game winning fg? Or outscoring said kicker whose game winner was the only kick he had that day? One basically rolled over for the week, the others made positive contributions to their teams

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, first let me say that given the rules as they are today, I'm fine with our DST. Yet for the 27th time (yes I keep count), note that I completely disagree with the DST concept in general. In a 'sport' (fantasy) that emphasizes individual effort in every other aspect, the DST concept IMO is just the lazy way the industry found to included that portion of the actual game. ......
Along those lines, the worst word you can associate with your DST is 'prevent' (when the team gets 30pts ahead). Prevent (translated) means you will start losing DST pts accumulated to that point. ....
Full IDP is definitely the way to go

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To contrast your question, assuming threat sane defense in a standard scoring league where they can't go negative, scores 6 by way of 2 sacks and a turnover. .. how can one justify those 6 points when those 6 might outscore your flex at 5 for 50, who caught the pass that put his team on position for a game winning fg? Or outscoring said kicker whose game winner was the only kick he had that day?

Let me clarify. When I said that defenses shouldn't get negative points, what I meant was that their point total should never end up negative, or there should be a cap on the negative score like -5. I have no problem with subtracting points for points against and yards allowed, but I don't think their final score should ever be lower than the losest score you could get out of any other position. If your defense ends up with a score of -12 it should just be changed to -5 as that should be the cap. I just have a hard time with a possibility of -20 out of your defense when the most negative points you can end up with out of any other position is probably -5 (I've had quarterbacks score that before, but never seen a RB, WR, or TE with less than -3.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Styx? Did someone say Styx?

e3cda07eb7a8ae852788caf2ce00b56a--music-music-music-lyrics.jpg

Until Babe and Mr. Roboto, I was with 'em all the way! :pound::pound::pound:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think someone said Come Sail Away and took the thread with them

I was actually thinking of making a snarky comment about Come Sail Away, but the power chord part was just enough to save it. ;)

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's far too quiet.

@TKOSpikes offer sent but who knows. Just throwing something out there.