• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dynasty 1

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
any time you field what you admit is a line up which helps you lose
you are destroying the league Period

so you lose and slip in the standings well good job you also tainted the overall standing by providing a win to a team that otherwise may have not won a thus effected the overall standing and playoff picture

Milk's idea which i was totally against in the MBBRL main leagues may very well work
here

non playoff teams play for the draft order

i do that in my league

i have to go now but ill post my idea later...it is somewhat comparable to what Milk anti'ed up in the main league

Question, does your idea solve the problem of someone determined to lose in order to get top pick? I like everyone's ideas to close up some loopholes, but doesn't actually solve the tanking problem. Shocking that this actually became a problem in our leagues ( both Dynasty leagues).
Think we all know what has to happen......

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on a side note. i'll make this easy, im out after this season, perhaps let lefty/fuzzy take my squad

Perhaps Fuzzy does but I have no interest in breaking our partnership - - it's been a real pleasure. Good cop, bad cop kind of thing. ....

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question, does your idea solve the problem of someone determined to lose in order to get top pick? I like everyone's ideas to close up some loopholes, but doesn't actually solve the tanking problem. Shocking that this actually became a problem in our leagues ( both Dynasty leagues).

Actually, you are correct, there is nothing that can be done to prevent someone from purposely losing. .... but some of the suggestions are valid and should be implement to make it more difficult than just leaving positions blank - or playing a portion (or all) of a season with no kicker, DST, etc. Still will not prevent anyone from plugging in guys who are substandard - but as someone else said lineups are at the discretion of the owner. There will be times when that strategy will backfire. As my oldest son likes to say 'Even a dogs ass sees the sunshine sometime.'

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, you are correct, there is nothing that can be done to prevent someone from purposely losing. .... but some of the suggestions are valid and should be implement to make it more difficult than just leaving positions blank - or playing a portion (or all) of a season with no kicker, DST, etc. Still will not prevent anyone from plugging in guys who are substandard - but as someone else said lineups are at the discretion of the owner. There will be times when that strategy will backfire. As my oldest son likes to say 'Even a dogs ass sees the sunshine sometime.'

I'm all for the suggestions Lefty. As for the line ups at the discretion of the owner ....true. However admitted tanking is a whole other thing, don't you think? You heard the old expression about one bad apple, right?

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not so sure it does but it may
and yes i too like everyone's ideas to close up loopholes

first off we have 8 teams out of the playoffs

thus all 8 teams would be in a draft lottery which would be weighed by percentages
60 percent of the percentage is divided between the 8 teams

and then the other 40 percent is spread out following a playoff tourney

however how can we have that tourney here on fantrax (can a Toilet or consolation playoff be set up)

also how can we have a lottery

in person the lottery is easy but here...

so if anyone can answer that(or wants to ) i can break it down further

ignoring all i said above my alternate suggestion(and prob easier ) would be that

the 6 playoff teams would draft

14th-Super Bowl winner
13th runner up

12th and 11th semi losers- with the team that was lower in the standings going 11th higher standing 12th

9th and 10th quarter losers-with the team that was lower in the standings going 9th higher standing 10th

this section above is easy and obvious

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

place the bottom 4 teams in a Consolation/Draft playoff

with the winner -Drafting 1st
the loser -Drafting 2nd

and the 2 semi losers Drafting 3rd and 4th where this time the team higher in standing drafts 3rd and lower drafts 4th

this section above lessons tanking except maybe trying to fall into the last 4 (hey im trying)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

now take the 4 teams that were not in either playoff and have them draft 5th 6th 7th and 8th based on their head to head results (games played between them ) using the following 3 tiebreaks

1-best winning %
2-most points scored head to head
3-most points scored overall

in this section we randomize the teams that finished the season in spots 7-8-9 and 10

Even with all this mumbo jumbo that i wrote above

Tanking Sucks Integrity First Look in the Mirror

Its a free league who F'n cares is it really worth having your bros even thinking that you may have Tanked for what
so that you may get the 1st pick and maybe just maybe win next year

Well good luck with that....

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for the suggestions Lefty. As for the line ups at the discretion of the owner ....true. However admitted tanking is a whole other thing, don't you think? You heard the old expression about one bad apple, right?

Yep - being new to dynasty, perhaps that's an acceptable attitude to take - as distasteful as it is. .... but it's certainly not within my ethical database. .... there are other ways to secure a top pick (via trade) if you really work at it.

Bar - just looking at your suggestion, I'm not sure it solves the problem of potential tanking. Adding more playoffs doesn't do it since if you tank during the season there is still no 'penalty' for doing it in a playoff. Take a look at my suggestions a few posts back. Even those do not prevent it - but makes it a lot more difficult.

Bottom-line is if someone takes that approach, then unless the league rules define a penalty (loss of draft spot) there is nothing to prevent an unethical (but within league rules) approach. Just never envisioned this being an issue here. ...

Last edited:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep - being new to dynasty, perhaps that's an acceptable attitude to take - as distasteful as it is. .... but it's certainly not within my ethical database. .... there are other ways to secure a top pick (via trade) if you really work at it.

Ethics aside, it's not acceptable. In a vacuum I can understand a owner thinking tanking makes sense, but it doesn't in a actual league as it would lead to teams out doing each other in the tanking department to get that #1 pick. Madness. Most everyone understands this, I think.

Barilko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bar - just looking at your suggestion, I'm not sure it solves the problem of potential tanking. Adding more playoffs doesn't do it since if you tank during the season there is still no 'penalty' for doing it in a playoff. Take a look at my suggestions a few posts back. Even those do not prevent it - but makes it a lot more difficult.

Bottom-line is if someone takes that approach, then unless the league rules define a penalty (loss of draft spot) there is nothing to prevent an unethical (but within league rules) approach. Just never envisioned this being an issue here. ...
Lefty with my suggestion you must win the Consolation playoff to earn 1st pick not tank the playoff

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lefty with my suggestion you must win the Consolation playoff to earn 1st pick not tank the playoff

My mistake. .... would prevent it during the playoff - peace.

Barilko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so we are having civil discussions and suggestions about ways to save integrity and possible tanking perception. And I get a Bullshit emoticon. Well makes me want out as well. and that blows

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so we are having civil discussions and suggestions about ways to save integrity and possible tanking perception. And I get a Bullshit emoticon. Well makes me want out as well. and that blows

Was hoping cooler heads would prevail and we could resolve the conflict - apparently that's not going to happen.
Hang tough Bar, there are plenty in this league that want the same thing. ... don't let the minority rule.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow I'm sorry Bar. I was on my phone and had no idea that I even did a rating. I removed it and consider myself on your side as far as your suggestions. I think a middle ground can be easily found as long as people don't let their emotions get the best of them.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will also add that we do need to come to some form of solution otherwise the trade deadline will pass without much action.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quit reading after the admission of tanking. Without an admission of tanking.

I'm with SP.

I'm out. Been fun. But I'm tired.

You can't leave either. We also have trading to do.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't leave either. We also have trading to do.
I'll trade quitting for a new commish and micro losing his first round pick.

I knew this would happen two years ago when we went over it the first time. (He also needs to own it and apologize to the league.)

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Microwahevo - I appreciate your reply and I understand where you're coming from, but doesn't it occur to you that it has an effect on other teams who are competing for the playoffs and trying to win? Is it right to follow your personal game plan and perhaps screw another guy who's been trying all year long?

I feel that, even in a dynasty league, an owner has to at least try to field the most competitive team he can.

@SteelersPride , @broncosmitty , @Barilko - take a breath, fellas.

Don't leave me...hangin'!!! :pound::pound::pound:

tumblr_m3krsrHxYK1qdlh1io1_400.gif

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll trade quitting for a new commish and micro losing his first round pick.

I knew this would happen two years ago when we went over it the first time. (He also needs to own it and apologize to the league.)

We will figure something out.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going through the posts, I must say @HaroldSeattle and @Barilko said it best:

You try to win anyway for the good of the league. Can't have a bunch of teams aiming for the top pick by purposely losing especially if your not even trying to be subtle. That would obvious kill a league.

Tanking Sucks Integrity First Look in the Mirror