• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dwight Howard sucks

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dwight is a beast... Ppl make the mistake with dwight... He is really 6"10 he is a defensive center!!! He isn't offensive minded like shaq... Ppl forget that

True, but imagine if he had the desire that the true greats have shown to improve his game. He manages to put up some very good numbers offensively, even with as limited as he is on that end of the court.

Imagine what Dwight could be if he developed a couple of decent post moves and could hit say 60-65% from the free throw line. He'd likely be considered up there with Lebron as the best player in the game.

The guy has had the chance to work with 3 different legendary bigs and an offer from a career 90% free throw shooter and he turned them all down. The end result is that at the end of close games, he's a liability rather than the "go to guy" that he could have been.

MrHoople

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but imagine if he had the desire that the true greats have shown to improve his game. He manages to put up some very good numbers offensively, even with as limited as he is on that end of the court.

Imagine what Dwight could be if he developed a couple of decent post moves and could hit say 60-65% from the free throw line. He'd likely be considered up there with Lebron as the best player in the game.

The guy has had the chance to work with 3 different legendary bigs and an offer from a career 90% free throw shooter and he turned them all down. The end result is that at the end of close games, he's a liability rather than the "go to guy" that he could have been.

He has worked with bigs like Patrick Ewing, Hakeem and Kevin McHale. During his time in LA he was injured most of the time but I'm sure he would have worked with Kareem eventually if he didn't leave.

He's not a huge guy. If you ever see him standing next to Shaq you realize that. He's only 6'10" in bare feet. He is not Shaq and can't have the same game. Shaq was huge and dislodged guys easily. Dwight isn't the biggest guy out there as many people think. His weight is in his upper body.

MrHoople

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaq was built like a football player and had massive thick legs unlike most basketball players who have spindly legs.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are still surprised at games like this? This has been his calling card his entire career. He'll pull out a 25 and 18 game one night and the next night he'll toss up a halfassed 8 and 12 game. Just save yourself the stress of asking why. It's clear he doesn't have the mental make up to be a historically dominant center. He is who he is.

Complete waste of athletic gifts like Lebron. Anthony Davis already is better then him.

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many talented players with nothing between the ears go down in the 'What If' category (see josh smith). Just most of them haven't passed on the opportunity to work with some of the greatest ever at their position (kareem and hakeem).

Dwight really is as dumb as Lebron. Some of these guys should have gone to college man.

Leroy Brown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Complete waste of athletic gifts like Lebron. Anthony Davis already is better then him.

Dwight really is as dumb as Lebron. Some of these guys should have gone to college man.

1087762.gif

MrHoople

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

College doesn't make you smarter. The smart play for those guys was to get them millions as the #1 draft pick. Don't risk staying in school and breaking a leg. Get paid first and get college later if you want.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has worked with bigs like Patrick Ewing, Hakeem and Kevin McHale. During his time in LA he was injured most of the time but I'm sure he would have worked with Kareem eventually if he didn't leave.

He's not a huge guy. If you ever see him standing next to Shaq you realize that. He's only 6'10" in bare feet. He is not Shaq and can't have the same game. Shaq was huge and dislodged guys easily. Dwight isn't the biggest guy out there as many people think. His weight is in his upper body.

There is zero evidence in his game that he has worked with anyone. His game today is no different than it was when he was in Orlando. His post game consists of lobs, put backs and that half assed running almost hook shot thing that Barkley and Shaq make fun of and he's still a horrible free throw shooter and a liability at the end of close games.

And not buying it about his injury in L.A. There was plenty that Kareem could have taught him. He was playing for much of the season and it's not like he'd have been going at game speed when working with Kareem. Also, while he's not as big as Shaq, he is considerably more athletic than Shaq. With his upper body strength and athleticism, he could have gone down in history as one of the top bigs of all time. Right now, I'm not sure he'd be in the top 15 all-time.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
College doesn't make you smarter. The smart play for those guys was to get them millions as the #1 draft pick. Don't risk staying in school and breaking a leg. Get paid first and get college later if you want.

I disagree. A season or 2 of college basketball would likely have done wonders for him. Think about the coaching he would have received at places like Duke, North Carolina, Arizona, Syracuse or UCLA.

I'd bet that if he spent a season or 2 under Coach K, he'd have a couple of decent post moves.

MrHoople

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is zero evidence in his game that he has worked with anyone. His game today is no different than it was when he was in Orlando. His post game consists of lobs, put backs and that half assed running almost hook shot thing that Barkley and Shaq make fun of and he's still a horrible free throw shooter and a liability at the end of close games.

And not buying it about his injury in L.A. There was plenty that Kareem could have taught him. He was playing for much of the season and it's not like he'd have been going at game speed when working with Kareem. Also, while he's not as big as Shaq, he is considerably more athletic than Shaq. With his upper body strength and athleticism, he could have gone down in history as one of the top bigs of all time. Right now, I'm not sure he'd be in the top 15 all-time.

What exactly do you want to see him add to his game that he can add? You mention the free throws like that's somthing he can fix. He can't. Shaq couldn't hit them and Wilt couldn't either. Some guys with big hands never can. It was proven in LA that he practiced them more than any other Lakers at the time.

Another thing people need to realize is the NBA game is different now than when Shaq and Barkley patroled the paint. The zone defences allow guys to easily double team now since they don't have to stay with a man. Both McHale and Phil Jackson have talked about this. Big men don't have the space they used to have in the paint now. This is why a lot of the post game is gone with centers now. In Orlando Van Gundy compensated by spacing the floor with 4 guys out on the 3 point line.

I think Howard is getting what he can out of his 6'10 frame. He's not Shaq. Laker fans talking about Howard remind me a lot of the Kobe haters. Only focusing on the negatives.

MrHoople

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. A season or 2 of college basketball would likely have done wonders for him. Think about the coaching he would have received at places like Duke, North Carolina, Arizona, Syracuse or UCLA.

I'd bet that if he spent a season or 2 under Coach K, he'd have a couple of decent post moves.

He came to the NBA and learned from NBA level coaching including Patrick Ewing and Hakeem. I don't think college would have added much over what he learned in the NBA while getting paid.

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Want to point out too that guys with lenth, and guys with big bodies like Pekovic or Osik, really give dwight problems. Dwight still has no moves or finesses to speak of. His god given body coasts him to those numbers. He should be a 20-20 guy as has been his criticism before. Anthony Davis is already better then him and may have been last season in his second campaign.

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He came to the NBA and learned from NBA level coaching including Patrick Ewing and Hakeem. I don't think college would have added much over what he learned in the NBA while getting paid.

From the looks of it, he didnt learn shit.

MrHoople

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the looks of it, he didnt learn shit.

That makes no sense. There's a reason that a 6'10" guy is considered one of the best Centers in the NBA and was courted by so many teams.

Laker fans talking about Howard are just like the Kobe haters nit picking Kobe.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dwights team is 6-0, and he leads the league in double doubles..............................

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes no sense. There's a reason that a 6'10" guy is considered one of the best Centers in the NBA and was courted by so many teams.

Laker fans talking about Howard are just like the Kobe haters nit picking Kobe.

I maintain he plays to his athletic gifts and his progression with a basketball skillset offensively is nearly identical from when he first came into the league.

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dwights team is 6-0, and he leads the league in double doubles..............................

As well he should be leading the league in double doubles. Defense and rebound are about the only thing he lives up to. Points wise his sheer athleticism and size will get him 10 points. I mean, Deandre Jordan.

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Coward Howard isn't playing tonight. Boooo

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing about the anti Dwight fans is they never compare shaqs offense game to Dwight's

Of course, that would take emotion out of debate

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing about the anti Dwight fans is they never compare shaqs offense game to Dwight's

Of course, that would take emotion out of debate

No no no man, Shaq was simply overpowering and had incredible finesse. He had moves for days and a good touch inside. Was an exceptional passer. Has a very high basketball IQ. Knew how to draw defenses in. Rarely took a double team he couldnt handle. Its night and day man.