• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dune: Part 1 (2021)

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pluses - It was actually enjoyable and SO SO much better than the original Dune movie. Which may have been the most boring thing I've ever fallen asleep to in a movie theater and that's saying something cuz I saw Pink Floyd's The Wall.

Minuses - WTF kinda ending was that? Where's the rest of the movie?

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm planning on watching it at some point. I've read the books so the original was just a sigh and facepalm.

ThereIsNoPlace

The New Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pluses - It was actually enjoyable and SO SO much better than the original Dune movie. Which may have been the most boring thing I've ever fallen asleep to in a movie theater and that's saying something cuz I saw Pink Floyd's The Wall.

Minuses - WTF kinda ending was that? Where's the rest of the movie?
Dune 2

June 2, 2024

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having no space navigators was unacceptable and a complete cop out.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knew it was a loser immediately after watching for 15 minutes but decided to press on and hope the best was yet to come. LOL. People in robes. Dreams. Voices. Guys sword fighting. Telepathic commands. Explosions. Exploding space ships. Confusing plot if there is one. Who should I root for. Who are the good guys, Paul and parents, I'll guess. The dopiest movie made in years maybe decades. Solid loser. Unintelligent director with money to spend and time on his hands. :L

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knew it was a loser immediately after watching for 15 minutes but decided to press on and hope the best was yet to come. LOL. People in robes. Dreams. Voices. Guys sword fighting. Telepathic commands. Explosions. Exploding space ships. Confusing plot if there is one. Who should I root for. Who are the good guys, Paul and parents, I'll guess. The dopiest movie made in years maybe decades. Solid loser. Unintelligent director with money to spend and time on his hands. :L

Maybe the worst movie take I've ever seen.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the worst movie take I've ever seen.

Box office agrees with me. First weekend, $41 mill, 2nd - $13 mill, -62%; 3rd weekend - $6 million, -51%.

Good movies have legs; most tended to hate it. It couldn’t stand on its own as a good movie; I suppose you had to have read the book(s) to get into it for any enjoyment. Glad you liked it. I used a 48 hour free HBO tryout to see it.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Box office agrees with me. First weekend, $41 mill, 2nd - $13 mill, -62%; 3rd weekend - $6 million, -51%.

Good movies have legs; most tended to hate it. It couldn’t stand on its own as a good movie; I suppose you had to have read the book(s) to get into it for any enjoyment. Glad you liked it. I used a 48 hour free HBO tryout to see it.

You didn't do yourself any favors by watching it on a small screen, but you do you.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Uh, what? Those are incredibly good box office numbers, since Dune was simultaneously released to streaming on HBO Max, so people didn't even have to go to the theater to see it. People were going to see it in those numbers at the theater even though they could watch it at home!

On top of being a major box office success, Dune was also a great critical success, at 83% critics score on RottenTomatoes, and winning the most awards (6) of any film at the 94th Academy Awards.

Not just critics, but audiences loved it: A- CinemaScore, 90% audience score on RottenTomatoes, 8.0 on IMDB.

This film has been massively successful and is now the start of a new major film franchise. The studio was very happy with how the film performed, hence why they greenlit and now have Dune: Part 2 under production.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, what? Those are incredibly good box office numbers, since Dune was simultaneously released to streaming on HBO Max, so people didn't even have to go to the theater to see it. People were going to see it in those numbers at the theater even though they could watch it at home!

On top of being a major box office success, Dune was also a great critical success, at 83% critics score on RottenTomatoes, and winning the most awards (6) of any film at the 94th Academy Awards.

Not just critics, but audiences loved it: A- CinemaScore, 90% audience score on RottenTomatoes, 8.0 on IMDB.

This film has been massively successful and is now the start of a new major film franchise. The studio was very happy with how the film performed, hence why they greenlit and now have Dune: Part 2 under production.

Yup.

400 million WW for a non-franchise movie that was released simultaneously to streaming is tremendous.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is everyone double entering this convo? So weird.

:gaah:

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't do yourself any favors by watching it on a small screen, but you do you.

I would not have loved it if I had watched it at Regal cinema rather than my 65 inch screen. It did nothing to transport me to the planet(s) because of its dull presentation (Visual effects and Cinematography winner) and gibberish.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not have loved it if I had watched it at Regal cinema rather than my 65 inch screen. It did nothing to transport me to the planet(s) because of its dull presentation (Visual effects and Cinematography winner) and gibberish.
sorry that it went over your head

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stick to Bob the Builder and Thomas the Tank Engine from now on.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, If Dune was a flop, they wouldn't be making an expensive sequel.