• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ducey's NFL Super Bowl Draft : CHAT

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

giphy.gif

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand the Barry hate. He had the likes of Scott Mitchell and Erik Kramer at QB. Give him the Cowboys and Emmit the Lions

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I will also say I have no real recollection of Sims as he was playing as I was too young

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand the Barry hate. He had the likes of Scott Mitchell and Erik Kramer at QB. Give him the Cowboys and Emmit the Lions

Who hates him? He had a fine offense around him, Herman Moore and Brett Perrimen were the first duo to each go over a 100 receptions in a seaon, they had a couple pro bowlers on the O-line, if you wanna see a shit offense around a hall of fame running back go look at those Bears offenses Walter had to play with.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who hates him? He had a fine offense around him, Herman Moore and Brett Perrimen were the first duo to each go over a 100 receptions in a seaon, they had a couple pro bowlers on the O-line, if you wanna see a shit offense around a hall of fame running back go look at those Bears offenses Walter had to play with.

Pretty similar rushing stats though right?

They had those stats with a run and shoot. Granted more of their issues laid on the defensive side of the ball.

I can see an argument either way for Walter or Barry but Walter obviously played on a team with an all time elite defense.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright now I remember, yeah I don't really blame people for thinking Sanders is the far better player but had Sims career not ended that day at the Metrodome he would be the hall of fame running back from the Detroit Lions we all talk about, Barry Sanders probably ends up in Tampa, Pittsburgh or Atlanta if Sims isn't hurt.

A 3x PB that only played 5 seasons should never be compared to Barry. You can always play the "what if" game but saying he is better is just a drastic opinion nobody will agree with

Last edited:

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 3x PB that only played 5 seasons should never be compared to Barry. You can always play the "what if" game but saying he is better is just a drastic opinion nobody will agree with

I don't care if people agree with me, I have no issue people thinking Barry is better and that it's not close but I watched both of them play and as amazing as Barry was i'll take Sims, Sims excelled in short yardage and goal line situations, Barry came out of the game a lot in those situations. I don't think people realize how much Sanders affected his team with all the negative runs. He could turn 2nd and 6 into a touchdown or he could turn it into 3rd and 12. Sanders made more people say wow than any player ever but if my team is headed into the playoffs i'd rather have Sims...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright now I remember, yeah I don't really blame people for thinking Sanders is the far better player but had Sims career not ended that day at the Metrodome he would be the hall of fame running back from the Detroit Lions we all talk about, Barry Sanders probably ends up in Tampa, Pittsburgh or Atlanta if Sims isn't hurt.
There's the popular opinion, the general opinion and then there is personal opinion. The personal one is where I really don't care about the other two, just giving my opinion based on what I have seen. I saw Walter play, saw Barry, Emmitt...for my money, the 3 best RB's I ever saw were Earl Campbell, Eric Dickerson and Adrian Peterson. Best QB's were Dan Marino, Tom Brady and Joe Montana(though ARod was the most gifted)

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enjoying the takes by both of you. Like I said it's hard for me to have much to say on Sims I didn't personally watch him.

Agreed on Marino, Brady and Montana actually. Man there was something about a team having to face Montana that always felt special. And it's just hard to ignore the wins for Brady. Marino feels the most naturally gifted

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man there was something about a team having to face Montana that always felt special. And it's just hard to ignore the wins for Brady. Marino feels the most naturally gifted

You nailed that one perfectly!

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And full disclosure the 86 Super Bowl is the first sporting event I can remember watching and as a result I was a Bears and Payton fan for a while right along with the Browns.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And full disclosure the 86 Super Bowl is the first sporting event I can remember watching and as a result I was a Bears and Payton fan for a while right along with the Browns.

IMO Walter is not only the best running back of all time but he's probably top 5 player all time!