• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Drops!

Drop Blame

• Mayhew

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stafford

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • The receivers themselves

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • The coaching staff. This Jim, That Jim and the next Jim

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • The Day of the Week. (No drops on Monday)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, we've discussed this a time or two 'round here in the past.....

Simple question this time. Where do you see the Lions Plague of Drops originating.

Last edited by a moderator:

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only ball I thought was a tough grab was CJ's dropped TD. He still could've caught it, but it was the toughest of the 6 dropped. Every other hit the fuckin receiver in his hands. No one to blame but the receivers themselves IMO.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I went other because I feel it is a mixture of quarterback wide receiver or bad passing no touch and though receivers themselves have issues but when you don't know whether it will be a fastball or a nice soft floater the way it should be sometimes I feel it creates issues it is what it is what it shall be as it was written in the 11th Commandment the Lions shall suck

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When 2 of the 6 drops are by the best WR in the NFL its hard to blame anything. Although the day of the week was tempiting as Sunday has never been a great day for the Lions.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta blame the WRs. You can only get a drop on a "catchable ball" so that means it was on target. If you're a professional WR and the ball is on target, then you're expected to catch it.

Simple as that, imo.

Megatron's almost TD is a debatable drop, imo. That would have been a tough play to make.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only ball I thought was a tough grab was CJ's dropped TD. He still could've caught it, but it was the toughest of the 6 dropped. Every other hit the fuckin receiver in his hands. No one to blame but the receivers themselves IMO.

Calvin came back and made a nice play on the deep ball. Then dropped it. Frustrating to say the least.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calvin came back and made a nice play on the deep ball. Then dropped it. Frustrating to say the least.

That's the one that's tough to call a drop, imo. No blame either way there for me- Staff made a great throw, and Calvin couldn't quite finish the play...

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I went other because I feel it is a mixture of quarterback wide receiver or bad passing no touch and though receivers themselves have issues but when you don't know whether it will be a fastball or a nice soft floater the way it should be sometimes I feel it creates issues it is what it is what it shall be as it was written in the 11th Commandment the Lions shall suck

I did not see the game I am only going off of past history so if yesterday was questionable I need to see the replay

I'm sure it will be Mayhews fault in the end after all he is by far the worst fucking GM ever

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the one that's tough to call a drop, imo. No blame either way there for me- Staff made a great throw, and Calvin couldn't quite finish the play...

I hope this is not an exemption for Cal he deserves the same criticism as Chris Durham if he is dropping passes

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope this is not an exemption for Cal he deserves the same criticism as Chris Durham if he is dropping passes

Once you watch the play you'll get it. Imo it's hard to blame the WR if he would have had to make a great catch to finish the play, and that's what happened on that one...

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are hilarious.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think it's debatable IMO. Yes, it was tougher to catch than the other drops, Butbit was right in his hands and he couldn't control it through the process(ugh fuck that rule), something he seems to have a few issues with.

Even the best drop catches every now and then.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know about great throw..... But he made a throw that the most athletic receiver in NFL history, COULD catch, but didn't.

Questionable drop. Could have just been a regular old incompletion just as easily. (Like how Placido Palanco never got errors, since he couldn't get to many hard hit balls.)

I think there's a combination of things going on.

Mayhew drafts guys with questionable hands from time to time. And then they drop balls. Other times he drafts/signs guys with exceptional hands, and they drop balls. (Golden Tate went a season without one. Then in game two, oooopsss.). Schwartz didn't force guys to do the little things. Got canned. Team looks identical under Caldwell.

There's a common denominator here.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's debatable IMO. Yes, it was tougher to catch than the other drops, Butbit was right in his hands and he couldn't control it through the process(ugh fuck that rule), something he seems to have a few issues with.

Even the best drop catches every now and then.

CJ drops a lot of passes. Great hands definitely comes after athleticism for him.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about great throw..... But he made a throw that the most athletic receiver in NFL history, COULD catch, but didn't.

Questionable drop. Could have just been a regular old incompletion just as easily. (Like how Placido Palanco never got errors, since he couldn't get to many hard hit balls.)

I think there's a combination of things going on.

Mayhew drafts guys with questionable hands from time to time. And then they drop balls. Other times he drafts/signs guys with exceptional hands, and they drop balls. (Golden Tate went a season without one. Then in game two, oooopsss.). Schwartz didn't force guys to do the little things. Got canned. Team looks identical under Caldwell.

There's a common denominator here.

Please don't tell me that you're suggesting that the drops are Stafford's fault?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to be clear: I voted other. As I believe a combination of things are to blame. All of them were listed as options by themselves.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never in my life have I heard or seen a quarterback taking the blame for WRs that drop passes. What is this world coming too? Did anyone see how Ryan and Brees kind of sucked it up yesterday too? Nevermind...