• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

drafting is good buuuuuuuut ......

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a very important point. Shanahan did some things very well and some things very poorly. Developing young players is one of the things his staff did poorly. With the exception of maybe Riley, I can't think of a mid round draft pick that started on the bench and they developed into a solid starter over a few years. The 1st round picks don't count, they came into the league as starters (one could argue they haven't progressed since then). The same is true with Morris. Think of our 3-4 OL or any of our secondary youngsters, or a couple of WRs. Hank was starting to show a bit of promise, but he wasn't there yet.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Ribeye isn't a very good example. Dude can't lay off the chocolate cake, whoppers, and well...ribeyes.

But yeah, haven't done a great job if developing the talent, but it has to do more with picking the wrong guys to begin with. Many have been simply non existent.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Ribeye isn't a very good example. Dude can't lay off the chocolate cake, whoppers, and well...ribeyes.

But yeah, haven't done a great job if developing the talent, but it has to do more with picking the wrong guys to begin with. Many have been simply non existent.

You may be right, honestly we just don't know. I still don't understand why Compton, Gettis, Ribeye, Jenkins, and a few other young guys weren't given some playing time the last few games of last year. It was a perfect time to see what we had in real game situations.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may be right, honestly we just don't know. I still don't understand why Compton, Gettis, Ribeye, Jenkins, and a few other young guys weren't given some playing time the last few games of last year. It was a perfect time to see what we had in real game situations.

:agree: seems pretty silly to me

Tdog21Skins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well let's hope one of these guys step up Compton, Gettis, Ribeye..we definitely need to do a better job of developing our own

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shanahan was probably on the grassy knoll too. For whatever reasons things turned south last year we will probably never know. Other than him and his son being gone you still have the rest of the same people here. Where did Reed, Amerson, Williams, Morris, Griffin, Kerrigan, Neild, Jenkins and Hankerson come from? I think they developed some talent and they missed on some. Allen and Gruden will do the same. What do you expect to get from them in this years draft? Two maybe three players? If they get two starters I'll be impressed.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two starters and a couple of backups from this year's draft would be very impressive. We should get at least one with our first pick assuming we don't reach for a position. IF we stick to a BPA strategy, we will do OK. We have to look at Desean as our 1st round pick this year. He fell into our laps.