• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft talk time

elguapo

I cannot think of anything clever to put here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1614021137785.png

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he is a lump of talented clay that can be whatever the coaching can build him up to be. Good scheme and coaching could make him a multi-time all pro, bad coaching and he becomes another in a long line of positionless players that fail to stick.

exactly. it'll be up to the coaching to get the most out of him. Lions coaching history and these type players didn't bode well.

I have no problem with a player being multi-faceted to move around.

You Know I really like him so that wasn't the devil's advocate approach. He isn't a top 10 player and doubtful top 20. Who knows what slot he's drafted at.

Kind of fits a Mike Vrabel defense or even Flores or - hate to say it - Packers.

Hope it's the Lions though.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you watch closely in the guy's arm movement who's handing timing Paye, he's 2-2.5 yards early with his stop.
for a big guy to do this.

I read from the guy who's in charge of the combine laser times that you can add 0.12 to 0.15 when it's a hand timed score - if that person is extremely good at it.

Paye is a caliber of athlete that I’m not sure the NFL has ever seen. His sub-6.5 three-cone at over 260 pounds is nothing short of unprecedented for a man that size.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In only four games in 2020, he racked up 22 pressures and 11 run stops.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Paye is the freakiest edge rusher in the class, Oweh is a close second. In fact, he’s made the top-10 on Bruce Feldman’s annual Freak’s List twice because of his out-of-this-world explosiveness. At over 250 pounds, the redshirt sophomore reportedly runs a sub-4.4-second 40-yard dash. Just watch how quickly he closes in space.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB_72: just an FYI. because it's going to be re-reported by some media outlet. He also suffered a concussion in that moped accident.

From retired top recruit to superstar: Jaelan Phillips is back (247sports.com)

In January of 2018, Phillips cruised along in a similar fashion following a promising true freshman campaign at UCLA. Then a car peeked into the bike lane. Phillips slammed hard on his brakes, flying off the front of his moped and slamming into the other vehicle. Adrenaline prevented Phillips from feeling any tangible pain despite the human-sized dent in the side of the impeding car. Then Phillips looked at his left wrist. “Mutilated.”

Football reality arrived when Phillips reached the emergency room. Chip Kelly had been hired only a few weeks before. Phillips wanted to set the tone and establish himself as a leader with the new regime. “That derailed everything,” Phillips said.

Phillips never could shake nagging injuries with the Bruins. He sprained his ankle as a freshman, worked back and then sprained his other ankle. Then came a concussion. Then there was the wrist. He suffered another concussion in UCLA’s fourth game of the 2018 season against Colorado. The Bruin medical staff, which had a policy that players could no longer play if they suffered four total concussions, suggested Phillips should retire after the third of his life.

His head hurt. He couldn’t catch an injury break after pristine health in high school. Phillips and his parents discussed his options for weeks. Ultimately, Phillips admitted his love for the sport had waned. As Phillips’ father, Jon, remembers Jaelan putting it: “I was the last one in the building and the first one out.”

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From retired top recruit to superstar: Jaelan Phillips is back (247sports.com)

Things are how so many thought they’d be when Phillips ranked as the No. 1 overall recruit, per the 247Sports Composite, during the 2017 cycle.

“I would put Jaelan Phillips in the 99th percentile of any player I’ve ever coached as far as physical attributes,” Miami defensive line coach Todd Stroud said earlier this year. “He weighs 270 pounds now and he runs like a safety. His ability to run, jump and twitch is exactly what you want at that position. The athlete meets the hype.”

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1614005420534.png

@Mebert your 5th round pick of TCU LB Garrett Wallow is "one helluva find/choice" for a day 3 pick. I'm on board with this selection.

Like all prospects, he has some areas to clean up, but speed and eye recognition isn't one of those.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Mebert your 5th round pick of TCU LB Garrett Wallow is "one helluva find/choice" for a day 3 pick. I'm on board with this selection.

Like all prospects, he has some areas to clean up, but speed and eye recognition isn't one of those.

You think he goes earlier than 5th?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I looked further into Jabril Cox' game film against Bama/Florida his run fits are inconsistent. At times he appeared hesitant to help when there were one of more teammates in line for the tackle and other times he looked lost as if looking for work to do. Not completely horrible by any means, simply inconsistent.

I felt as if I were riding the blue streak at cedar point at times watching those two games.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think he goes earlier than 5th?

I'm the worst person to ask that question, tbh, however, No, I do not believe he will be drafted prior to the fifth round.

Also, I don't see LB'ers Pete Werner, Browning, Hilliard, being drafted prior to day three should that statement give any relevance to my thinking of what round a player might be drafted.

All it takes is for one team to believe he can be transformed into a better player.