• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft talk time

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am down for a trade back no matter what. Lions need all the draft assets they can get. I am all for moving back and building for the future. He has Owusu-Koramaoh going to Miami at 18.

I don't have a particular pick in mind, but a trade back and taking a defender would be a win in my mind.

Always take the extra picks no matter what. Unless there is a generational talent there. Those are few and far between.

Also, if Waddle is there at 12 I am taking him over Parsons. He is the exact type of WR that can make Goff decent.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, if Waddle is there at 12 I am taking him over Parsons. He is the exact type of WR that can make Goff decent.

Waddle could make Goff All-Pro caliber again so long as there's an outside deep threat WR to team up with him.

I think the same production could/possibly be had with other smaller WR in this draft that wouldn't cost a 1st round pick.

Waddle most likely will never become a WR1, but he sure as hell is dangerous with the ball in his hands (my bama homerism is being quelled)

Elijah Moore
Amari Rodgers (built like a damn RB at 5'9 211 lbs.)
D'Wayne Eskridge
Demetric Felton (also played RB at UCLA even though he's small)
Cade Johnson
Marquez Stevenson

I'm not on the bandwagons of Kadarius Toney (CFB injuries) or Rondale Moore

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if Waddle is there at 12 I am taking him

Waddle could make Goff All-Pro caliber again so long as there's an outside deep threat WR to team up with him.

or KC Chiefs UFA WR Demarcus Robinson if you want to get the most out of a WR like Waddle or others who are similar to the latter.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or KC Chiefs UFA WR Demarcus Robinson if you want to get the most out of a WR like Waddle or others who are similar to the latter.
Robinson is probably closer to Dyami Brown than Waddle but yeah, I agree that if you're just looking for a serviceable deep threat then teams have options.

Although I do think people are sleeping on Dyami Brown a bit.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robinson is probably closer to Dyami Brown than Waddle but yeah, I agree that if you're just looking for a serviceable deep threat then teams have options.

Although I do think people are sleeping on Dyami Brown a bit.

Yeah, I get that, the Robinson/Dyami Brown comparison.

I surely wasn't comparing Dyami to Waddle. Merely looking for a rookie to run those 6, 7, 8, 9 routes to enhance Waddle

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"7. DETROIT LIONS: WR JAYLEN WADDLE, ALABAMA

EE: Many people think Waddle is a better prospect than DeVonta Smith, and while Waddle was spectacular at Alabama prior to injury, Smith does have the highest projected yards per target in his class. That said, Waddle’s statistical comps include Stefon Diggs, Sterling Shepard and Tyler Boyd — all very productive players.

The Lions, with their top three receivers heading to unrestricted free agency, need to give new quarterback Jared Goff and his eventual successor weapons to work with in what is soon to be a wide-open NFC North."

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't be disappointed one bit if the first pick is used on Chase, D. Smith, Waddle, Parsons, Paye or possibly one of the two OT (Sewell or Slater).

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd fully expect the Lions trying to give Goff some help with that first pick whether it's a WR or even to upgrade that RT position which would be seen an upgrade over Crosby.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's from Mel so, take it with a grain of salt.

Why draft analyst Mel Kiper Jr. thinks Detroit Lions should trade down from 7

Asked specifically about Parsons and the linebacker position, Kiper thinks the Lions need to add at least two players to the position this offseason, and views Parsons and Notre Dame's Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah as the two best linebackers in this draft.

"His play range and game-day range is phenomenal," Kiper said of Parsons. "I think his range against the run, tracking down quarterbacks that are mobile and fast, he can do all that.

"Is he better than Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah from Notre Dame in that area? As an open-field tackler Owusu-Koramoah is the best I've seen in a long, long time. As a cover linebacker, he's the best I've seen in a long time. So that's the debate there. Which one do you like better? Pretty close. Owusu-Koramoah played (in 2020), Parsons didn't (due to an opt out). Maybe you give the edge to Owusu-Koramoah from Notre Dame."

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit Lions’ concerns at CB depth hint at futures of Desmond Trufant, Justin Coleman - Pride Of Detroit

Later in his press conference, Campbell was asked directly about his thoughts on both Coleman and Trufant, and it’s safe to say he made some not-so-subtle hints about their futures.

“(Lions GM) Brad (Holmes) and I have talked about all that, and I would say there’s going to be some things that go down this week, one way or another,” Campbell said. “When all that happens, you’ll know, but I don’t want to get too deep into all that.”

“I just know overall we need competition in that area,” Campbell said. “We need depth in areas, we need competition. Because, for example, we’ve got two young cornerbacks. Man, you still want competition. You want guys that they’re having to compete (with) and are able to push them or they’re pushing for that starting position. It’s just healthy. It makes you better."

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions GM Brad Holmes is looking beyond the 40-yard dash to determine a player’s speed - Pride Of Detroit

On Tuesday, Holmes spoke with the Detroit media about the 40-yard dash and once again he questioned its relatability to actual football situations.

“Is it relatable and does it transfer to actually playing football?” Holmes asked. “Running in a straight line without anybody around you and preparing to run in a straight line in spandex and a t-shirt, how much is that relatable to football?”

While the 40-yard dash won't be as significant a benchmark as it has been in the past, it’s worth noting that Holmes isn’t disregarding it altogether. Instead, his approach to the 40-yard dash will be as a crosscheck to the other data he has collected, including GPS tracking and film study.

“From an analytical standpoint, that’s how I’ve always viewed the analytic game period, is that the analytics can really be a piece to hold you accountable,” Holmes said. “If the data is telling you something that your eyes aren’t seeing, you shouldn’t be stubborn and say, ‘Well, let’s ignore that because my eyes are correct.’ Let’s actually look and see why the data is actually saying that versus what your eyes are seeing. I think the more that you dive into that, I think you’ll actually come up with the answer in terms of exactly what you’re asking for about speed, whether it be 40-yard dashes or GPS timing.

“At the end of the day, we’re looking at play speed in relatability to how fast a guy’s playing football.”