• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft talk time

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mel Kiper Jr. breaks down Detroit Lions’ options with 7th overall pick - Pride Of Detroit

Kiper sees a lot of great value at the wide receiver position around the seventh pick in the draft, whether it be Alabama’s Jaylen Waddle or LSU’s Ja’Marr Chase. But Kiper Jr. suggests the Lions explore trade options, which Rothstein says may “make the most sense for Detroit.”

If a tempting quarterback is still on the board, like Ohio Stat’s Justin Fields or North Dakota State’s Trey Lance, Detroit’s phone could be ringing off the hook, and that could lead to getting a load of picks plus a solid defensive player later in the draft.

“Maybe you get an offer from, say, New England to move from 15 to seven, what you do is drop down from seven to 15, get some extra choices and then be in a position where it’s a little bit more palatable to look at a pass-rusher like Jaelan Phillips from Miami or a Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah,” Kiper said.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

10. RHAMONDRE STEVENSON, OKLAHOMA

Stevenson is a wild card in the draft class. A former junior college transfer, Stevenson averaged 7.2 yards per carry and 4.7 yards after contact per carry with 51 broken tackles on 165 carries across two seasons at Oklahoma. That’s a very small career workload for a guy who profiles as a power back in the NFL.

While listed at 246 pounds at Oklahoma, Stevenson checked in at a more reasonable 227 pounds at the Senior Bowl. Even at that weight, his movement skills are still pretty special.

You won’t find too many big backs capable of cuts as sharp as Rhamondre’s. And size, especially at the running back position, becomes all the more important once you get to the NFL.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kid is fluid for being 6' 4" but his mauling of his teams WR during practice won't fly in real game time however, I like his demeanor. He's got to learn to sink/drop his hips more.

Q&A With Israel Mukuamu: South Carolina Career, NFL Draft Outlook (thespun.com)

Mukuamu is currently projected to be a Day 2 selection in the upcoming draft. He’ll get the chance to boost his stock even higher in the coming weeks.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d love to see somebody give up picks for Goff. 2nd and a 3rd and I’d be pumped.

How do you know how much Goff is worth on the charts anyway?

I doubt Goff is worth more than an upper top 10/12 2nd round pick. Wait and see what the Eagles get for Wentz as the two are comparatively close in stats, I think - without looking.

I still think Goff would be on par with Wentz in a trade and Indy is picking last 1/3 of each round they have a pick in the draft this year and likely the same in 2022

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mel Kiper Jr. breaks down Detroit Lions’ options with 7th overall pick - Pride Of Detroit

Kiper sees a lot of great value at the wide receiver position around the seventh pick in the draft, whether it be Alabama’s Jaylen Waddle or LSU’s Ja’Marr Chase. But Kiper Jr. suggests the Lions explore trade options, which Rothstein says may “make the most sense for Detroit.”

If a tempting quarterback is still on the board, like Ohio Stat’s Justin Fields or North Dakota State’s Trey Lance, Detroit’s phone could be ringing off the hook, and that could lead to getting a load of picks plus a solid defensive player later in the draft.

“Maybe you get an offer from, say, New England to move from 15 to seven, what you do is drop down from seven to 15, get some extra choices and then be in a position where it’s a little bit more palatable to look at a pass-rusher like Jaelan Phillips from Miami or a Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah,” Kiper said.
I dont think Detroit is going to be taking phone calls from anyone in New England ever again.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think Detroit is going to be taking phone calls from anyone in New England ever again.

Probably so, however, Hoodie wouldn't be that dumb to trade up for Mac Jones.

Jones doesn't have a clean pocket with a damn good O-Line and multiple WR's who can get separation then he'll fail. NE doesn't have one WR that falls into that category. Jones isn't the rollout type QB and throw on the run. I could count on all existing digits I have on how many times he was pressured to get outside of the pocket to make a throw.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice find. He would be a nice pickup if we dont draft a WR at 7. I love these types of players.

Not a nice find on my part. Scouts have been enamored with him for a couple years. Bateman's former teammate, Tyler Johnson (TB 2020 6th round pick), received most of the media's attention in 2019 when in fact it was Bateman who was/still is the better WR.

Doubtful he's available by our 2nd round pick but you never know for sure.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some day three 0/1 - tech
Both are more run plugging at this time but you can see from the videos that they can collapse the pocket, shed a block for TFL. They both need to learn pass rush/counter moves but damn good motors for big guys

Tedarrell Slaton #56 ................. 6'5 350

Khyiris Tonga #95 ..................... 6'4 325

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
an off the radar, day three DE.
Tulane's Patrick Johnson is explosive, quick, keeps his eye where the ball is. He needs to wrap up better at times but he has good lateral agility and bend for a small school player

Patrick Johnson #7 ........................... 6'3 260

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two of my favorite OLB/Edge rusher
Both have good eye recognition, burst, lateral speed, can shed a block in the trash and still make the tackle whether in the backfield or LOS. In each of their tapes they also have shown the ability to drop in space and gives pursuit quite a ways down field. Their motors run hot and will only get better with a higher level of coaching. High floor and the potential for a much higher ceiling with the right coaching.

Janarius Robinson #11 .............................. 6'5 266 ......... 87" wingspan ......... 35 3/4" arms ......... 11" hands

Jayson Oweh #28 .............................. 6'5 255 .......... He's young but he and Robinson both have quick processors

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete Werner #20 ....................... 6'2 240

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cameron McGrone #44 ................... 6'1 235

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jabril Cox #42 Bisons

Jabril Cox #19 LSU ........................ 6'2 233

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latest mock draft. My biggest regret was moving from 28 to 32 for what is likely a super late third.....it cost me Zaven Collins. I like this draft a lot. Cox and Wallow would give us some decent coverage ability in the linebackers. Togiai is a run stuffer, Stills gets pressure from the middle. Doubled up on Miami edge.

I really like the WR combo of Marshall and Collins.
1614005420534.png

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like the WR combo of Marshall and Collins.

That could be a damn good combo right there. Marshall's speed and Collins high-point 50/50 ability.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it cost me Zaven Collins

A player without a true position ?
What is he ?
almost Jabrill Peppers - esque (different players, size, positions to a degree).
but.......
Z. Collins has relatively few reps as a true designated edge rusher.

just being a devil's advocate (because I don't trust myself)
He most certainly doesn't possess Parsons burst/overall speed.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A player without a true position ?
What is he ?
almost Jabrill Peppers - esque (different players, size, positions to a degree).
but.......
Z. Collins has relatively few reps as a true designated edge rusher.

just being a devil's advocate (because I don't trust myself)
He most certainly doesn't possess Parsons burst/overall speed.
I think he is a lump of talented clay that can be whatever the coaching can build him up to be. Good scheme and coaching could make him a multi-time all pro, bad coaching and he becomes another in a long line of positionless players that fail to stick.