• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft Talk Time

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its time to talk about draft. Lets hope Niners move up and draft Adams from Texas AM or Benjamin from FSU.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Its time to talk about draft. Lets hope Niners move up and draft Adams from Texas AM or Benjamin from FSU.

I don't see how we come out of this draft without drafting one of those two guys.

It's almost a must we draft one of those two.

Boldin is old and I am not sold on Crabtree as a #1 WR.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how we come out of this draft without drafting one of those two guys.

It's almost a must we draft one of those two.

Boldin is old and I am not sold on Crabtree as a #1 WR.

Crabtree's a great possession receiver. Great hands and knows how to get open. However, I want a true deep threat to complement him.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm down for any of these players: Sammy Watkins, WR / Mike Evans, WR / Justin Gilbert, CB / Marqise Lee, WR / Kelvin Benjamin, WR / Darqueze Dennard, CB / Allen Robinson, WR.

Most of these players would take trading up to draft but I would be happy with any of them. I have seen a lot of different mocks with other players in and out of the 1st round. Guess we will have to wait and see after the NFL Combine to see who's stock jumps and who's stock goes down.

Here is a list of other players I also like: Marcus Roberson, CB / Brandin Cooks, WR / Odell Beckham, WR / Jason Verrett, CB / Jordan Matthews, WR / Davante Adams, WR / Paul Richardson, WR / Donte Moncrief, WR / Jarvis Landry, WR / Dominique Easley, DE / Will Sutton, DT

As you can see most of my list is WRs with CBs and I think this is our biggest weakness. I think the draft is pretty deep at WR and if we did decide to go CB in the 1st round instead of WR we could then get 1 of these WRs in the 2nd or 3rd round.

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Every year we seem to make trades, more like the Patriots, not like the Cowboys! Lots of picks gives you more options!

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you meant Davante Adams from Fresno State. One of my sleeper WR picks.

I do like him also. He is more of a 2nd rd pick. Mike Evans would be a great pick up. I would trade up to land him.

PaythePiper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Evans is 6'5 225? holy crap...didn't know he was that big. How's the kid? I have no idea what he brings....

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are comparing him to Calvin Johnson.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm down for any of these players: Sammy Watkins, WR / Mike Evans, WR / Justin Gilbert, CB / Marqise Lee, WR / Kelvin Benjamin, WR / Darqueze Dennard, CB / Allen Robinson, WR.

Most of these players would take trading up to draft but I would be happy with any of them. I have seen a lot of different mocks with other players in and out of the 1st round. Guess we will have to wait and see after the NFL Combine to see who's stock jumps and who's stock goes down.

Here is a list of other players I also like: Marcus Roberson, CB / Brandin Cooks, WR / Odell Beckham, WR / Jason Verrett, CB / Jordan Matthews, WR / Davante Adams, WR / Paul Richardson, WR / Donte Moncrief, WR / Jarvis Landry, WR / Dominique Easley, DE / Will Sutton, DT

As you can see most of my list is WRs with CBs and I think this is our biggest weakness. I think the draft is pretty deep at WR and if we did decide to go CB in the 1st round instead of WR we could then get 1 of these WRs in the 2nd or 3rd round.

The CB position on our team needs a big upgrade. I truly believe we would have destroyed denver last night as well, but not that dominant. And that is because our corners aren't as good. Also, seeing harbin last night pissed me off. He might not ever be healthy, but he showed why they gave up what they did to get him. The Niners still lack that true star on offense. Vernon is about the closest thing we have to one, but because of his position it limits him, blocking and such. Because of that I would have no problems with the Niners trading up to get that kind of guy.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Mike Evans: A really big college WR who had one of the best college QBs of all time throwing to him & he's not incredibly fast.

I feel like I've seen this movie before.

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think about strong safety prospects? I like Bucannon but I am not sold on his cover skills yet. I would like to see the niners move up and grab dennard being a MSU fan it would be great for him to be on the niners.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
What do you think about strong safety prospects? I like Bucannon but I am not sold on his cover skills yet. I would like to see the niners move up and grab dennard being a MSU fan it would be great for him to be on the niners.

I like Bucannon. I think he's comparable to the Thomas safeties from last year. But here are the options I like at filling the other safety Rolle:

1. Culliver
2. Lamarcus Joyner
3. Malcolm Jenkins in FA
4. Stanley Jean-Baptiste - convert to safety (this one might be the best option IMO)

I don't want the team to try to re-invent the wheel & go for a big hitter while ignoring the more important aspect of playing safety: coverage. Don't want the next Taylor Mays.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I like Bucannon. I think he's comparable to the Thomas safeties from last year. But here are the options I like at filling the other safety Rolle:

1. Culliver
2. Lamarcus Joyner
3. Malcolm Jenkins in FA
4. Stanley Jean-Baptiste - convert to safety (this one might be the best option IMO)

I don't want the team to try to re-invent the wheel & go for a big hitter while ignoring the more important aspect of playing safety: coverage. Don't want the next Taylor Mays.

What about converting Perrish Cox into a safety? He has been great in run support and have been decnt in coverages