• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft needs

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were a lot of different ways to go for the Cowboys. Could have had Malcolm Brown in the 1st and Jay Ajayi in the 2nd. This draft doesn't have an Andrew Luck at the top, but it is really deep in solid prospects IMO. Hopefully the Cowboys come away with 4-5 solid players

Sign me up for that!! I'll take it all day.

I'd be pretty happy with Gurley and Holliman, too.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sign me up for that!! I'll take it all day.

I'd be pretty happy with Gurley and Holliman, too.
It was interesting, I traded my 2nd to pick up a 3rd and 4th. I think there are plenty of prospects there in the middle rounds who are similar players to the ones taken in the 2nd

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree. Cornerbacks seem to be the biggest crapshoot. Are we getting Mo Claiborne/Dee Milliner or a Desmond Trufant type?

For the most part I avoid SEC CBs......since most of the conference is a ground and pound offense. Nearly all their QBs suck ass as well from a pro perspective. They don't throw the ball around nearly enough to develop guys that weren't already studs. I prefer CBs from conferences that sling the rock around......where they HAVE to be able to cover.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I. agree the SEC CB's are overrated, and their QB's stink like Texas's.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tevin Coleman had his pro day workout yesterday. His speed is incredible, way better than I initially thought. I tend to look more at the split between the 10 yard to 20 yard to see their quickness. This guy did that split under 1 second. The reason I look at that split is you take away the start of the run which can very day to day. Very fast runners do it in 1 second flat. His top end speed is not as great as a few others, but that initial charge is something great. I am starting to favor this guy above Gurley, just simply of where we can take him vs Gurley.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if Dallas really wanted to take Coleman, that they would have to do it at #27. Highly doubtful that he is around for us in the second round. This is barring any trades, of course.

I'm a big fan of Coleman and would love to have him, but the only RB in the 1st I would want is Melvin Gordon. I know Gurley is all that and a bag of chips, but the injury drops him out of rd 1 for me. I think Melvin Gordon would be very special in the Dallas offense, behind that O-line.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tevin Coleman had his pro day workout yesterday. His speed is incredible, way better than I initially thought. I tend to look more at the split between the 10 yard to 20 yard to see their quickness. This guy did that split under 1 second. The reason I look at that split is you take away the start of the run which can very day to day. Very fast runners do it in 1 second flat. His top end speed is not as great as a few others, but that initial charge is something great. I am starting to favor this guy above Gurley, just simply of where we can take him vs Gurley.
I agree, and would have zero issues with Coleman at 27. He does have great speed, look at the crazy number of 40+ runs he had. He's also a good sized back, and can obviously handle a big load, rushing for 2000+ last year. Its crazy to think about how many yards he'd have ran for if every defense he faced wasn't completely geared up to stop him. Quick question, who was Indiana's QB? #1 WR? Best OL? Most people could rattle those names off if we were talking about Alabama or Ohio State

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if Dallas really wanted to take Coleman, that they would have to do it at #27. Highly doubtful that he is around for us in the second round. This is barring any trades, of course.

I'm a big fan of Coleman and would love to have him, but the only RB in the 1st I would want is Melvin Gordon. I know Gurley is all that and a bag of chips, but the injury drops him out of rd 1 for me. I think Melvin Gordon would be very special in the Dallas offense, behind that O-line.

Interesting how everyone differs (which is a good thing). I think he is likely there with our 2nd pick. Wouldn't be shocked if he is there halfway through the 3rd too. I think he is the 4th RB off the board and RBs tend to drop in the draft nowadays. Every year it seems RBs fall further than any of us think. Maybe this is the year the trend reverses itself and maybe some team (perhaps us) loves him enough to take him in the first but I'm betting against it as of today. I do like the player, just like others better.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really hope we draft Coleman in the 2nd after we go defense in the first.

I think that would set us up nicely. Let's assume the first round guy makes a year one impact on D (either starter or part of a rotation) and let's assume the RB in round 2 is either the main guy or a big part of a rotation as well. A year from now I think we would all be looking back on that and saying that it was another good draft for 2015 as well as for the future. Personally I'd be looking at RB starting in round 3 (and looking at defense in both rounds 1 and 2) and I'm hoping that's when we go there, but if we like a guy enough to take in round 2 (or even in round 1) I am going to be fine with the pick.

Overall I really think this team has put itself in a position to keep improving each year as long as we keep having successful drafts. That is why I see an AP move as a big mistake - it sets us back in the long term. We are young other than a few spots and even though two of those spots are Romo and Witten, I don't see us having this 2 or 3 year window a lot keep mentioning. I see our future as even brighter than our present.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that would set us up nicely. Let's assume the first round guy makes a year one impact on D (either starter or part of a rotation) and let's assume the RB in round 2 is either the main guy or a big part of a rotation as well. A year from now I think we would all be looking back on that and saying that it was another good draft for 2015 as well as for the future. Personally I'd be looking at RB starting in round 3 (and looking at defense in both rounds 1 and 2) and I'm hoping that's when we go there, but if we like a guy enough to take in round 2 (or even in round 1) I am going to be fine with the pick.

Overall I really think this team has put itself in a position to keep improving each year as long as we keep having successful drafts. That is why I see an AP move as a big mistake - it sets us back in the long term. We are young other than a few spots and even though two of those spots are Romo and Witten, I don't see us having this 2 or 3 year window a lot keep mentioning. I see our future as even brighter than our present.

Romo's health is the key. If he stays healthy for the next 3 years and Dallas doesn't have to worry about his accelerated cap hit, then they are in good shape. Despite Romo's restructure, Dallas is slowly but surely getting the cap in order, and as long as Romo plays out the next 3 years, the cap shouldn't be much of an issue going forward. And with all the young talent that this team has, I could see an extended opportunity to win, as long as we get a good replacement for Romo.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No question the future looks bright now that football people have the majority of input to our roster.
HOWEVER...it remains a QB league, better to be all in now and.... no Gregory, that's still not your boy in Minny

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo's health is the key. If he stays healthy for the next 3 years and Dallas doesn't have to worry about his accelerated cap hit, then they are in good shape. Despite Romo's restructure, Dallas is slowly but surely getting the cap in order, and as long as Romo plays out the next 3 years, the cap shouldn't be much of an issue going forward. And with all the young talent that this team has, I could see an extended opportunity to win, as long as we get a good replacement for Romo.

i think 1 of the major ways to keep Romo healthy is to run the ball and then run it some more. take the pressure off of him having to throw virtually every down

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think 1 of the major ways to keep Romo healthy is to run the ball and then run it some more. take the pressure off of him having to throw virtually every down

Totally agree. Have said that the last few years. We finally did it and magically things turned around. Doesn't just go for Romo, but for the defense too.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really hope we draft Coleman in the 2nd after we go defense in the first.
I think Dallas would have to trade up in the 2nd, would be stunned if he were there at 60. It's very possible Jerry could trade down with his 1st rounder and pick up Coleman early in the 2nd. I say that it's possible because Jerry trades his 1st rounder more often than staying put, and with the job McClay is doing, having an extra 3rd or so would be a good thing

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Dallas would have to trade up in the 2nd, would be stunned if he were there at 60. It's very possible Jerry could trade down with his 1st rounder and pick up Coleman early in the 2nd. I say that it's possible because Jerry trades his 1st rounder more often than staying put, and with the job McClay is doing, having an extra 3rd or so would be a good thing

I agree with this.

For me, if K.Johnson, M.Brown, J.Collins, M.Gordon, A.Dupree, and possibly Landon Collins are all gone, then I think a trade down may be the best bet. Totally agree with giving McClay and company more ammunition in the draft.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this.

For me, if K.Johnson, M.Brown, J.Collins, M.Gordon, A.Dupree, and possibly Landon Collins are all gone, then I think a trade down may be the best bet. Totally agree with giving McClay and company more ammunition in the draft.

Well if all are gone maybe another top player drops. I won't call for a trade down until we are at #27.

Besides what if they trade back say 10 spots and the player they wanted at 27 goes before they pick?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if all are gone maybe another top player drops. I won't call for a trade down until we are at #27.
Totally agree, should never trade until you're on the clock

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this.

I like all those names, a good chance nearly all of them would start day 1.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me clarify one thing. If the team feels we are going to have to reach for the player they want and another team is basically begging to trade up to 27 with a great offer trade away and hope that reach is still on the board. No more of us getting raped in the trade.