• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft needs

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we come close enough to sniff Gurley in the first round. I think he gone already, and I'm not so sure our scouting dept likes him best. I think we are heading toward Coleman with Ajayi a close second. I don't believe we are going to spend a first rounder on a RB. I truely don't. Getting some type of impact player on defense is too critical for the team and couple that with this depth at RB for this draft makes too much sense for me to ignore.

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we come close enough to sniff Gurley in the first round. I think he gone already, and I'm not so sure our scouting dept likes him best. I think we are heading toward Coleman with Ajayi a close second. I don't believe we are going to spend a first rounder on a RB. I truely don't. Getting some type of impact player on defense is too critical for the team and couple that with this depth at RB for this draft makes too much sense for me to ignore.

Depth at CB as well maybe?? You simply don't take chances on a RB here if you have the opportunity at getting the best RB in this draft class that will widely be considered your team's tempo setter moving forward. Lol, getting an impact player to replace Murray with, is just as important for this team.

Btw, you have absolutely no idea where Gurley will go, neither do I. Most mocks have him going to San Diego, Cards, or Dallas.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't think Johnson will be there at 27 i expect him to be gone around 20 or 21. that's why i think we may trade down into the 33 to 36 area, pick up and extra pick and go after PJ Williams and then Coleman at 60

I hope you're wrong in regards to Johnson. But I would agree with you that it's more likely he won't be there for us at #27.

I do like the idea of a trade down if Collins(CB, LSU), Johnson, Gurley, Gordon, Malcolm Brown are off the board at #27.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok scout, now go to every mock draft at Walter's database and you will find that Gurley is a projected 1st round pick....lol....in every single one of their mock drafts. AP came back less then a year removed from an ACL tear, and tore up the league. Some scouts are now even comparing Gurley to AP coming out. He is clearly the best RB in this draft. To say that he is not 1st round material, is just plain stupid. With today's sports medicine advances, ACL tears are not nearly as feared as they were maybe 10-15 years ago. Kinda of a good break that he had it or else would definitely be out of their draft range.

Never said he wasn't 1st round material WHEN HE IS HEALTHY.

Drafting 101 champ......NEVER take an injured player in the first round that can't IMMEDIATELY start and impact your roster.

This isn't rocket science. Drafting Gurley, and giving him first round money, is a mistake, unless you are CONVINCED he can stay healthy. Newsflash.......he's had 2 major injuries already. He will not be a longterm player in the NFL, you can bet on that - not as a workhorse.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said he wasn't 1st round material WHEN HE IS HEALTHY.

Drafting 101 champ......NEVER take an injured player in the first round that can't IMMEDIATELY start and impact your roster.

This isn't rocket science. Drafting Gurley, and giving him first round money, is a mistake, unless you are CONVINCED he can stay healthy. Newsflash.......he's had 2 major injuries already. He will not be a longterm player in the NFL, you can bet on that - not as a workhorse.
Most of the teams that have seen his medical reports are happy enough that Gurley is now being projected to go in the top 16 again by many. If not for the injury, he was a likely top 5-6 pick. If healthy, this kid could be a superstar, AP is actually the guy a lot of scouts compare him to. Drafting him at 27? An absolute steal IMO, though I wouldn't be disappointed with Coleman or Gordon at 27 either, as well as Ajayi or Yeldon in the 2nd. So many good RB's had to play into the Cowboys letting Murray walk, I'd be stunned if they didn't draft one in the first two rounds

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you're wrong in regards to Johnson. But I would agree with you that it's more likely he won't be there for us at #27.

I do like the idea of a trade down if Collins(CB, LSU), Johnson, Gurley, Gordon, Malcolm Brown are off the board at #27.

not saying that it is firm they will be but every draft guru & board shows all 4 gone by #25

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of the teams that have seen his medical reports are happy enough that Gurley is now being projected to go in the top 16 again by many. If not for the injury, he was a likely top 5-6 pick. If healthy, this kid could be a superstar, AP is actually the guy a lot of scouts compare him to. Drafting him at 27? An absolute steal IMO, though I wouldn't be disappointed with Coleman or Gordon at 27 either, as well as Ajayi or Yeldon in the 2nd. So many good RB's had to play into the Cowboys letting Murray walk, I'd be stunned if they didn't draft one in the first two rounds

My issue with Gurley is that he couldn't stay healthy in college......and unless he is a physical freak like AP he won't be healthy as a pro. Too much of a risk IMO, I'll take a guy that got production and wasn't injured in Gordon or another back. You can't afford to waste a first round pick, and there's no way I take a RB that's been injured twice in the first round. Guys like Gordon put up monster numbers, and stayed healthy........I'd take one of them in a minute

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My issue with Gurley is that he couldn't stay healthy in college......and unless he is a physical freak like AP he won't be healthy as a pro. Too much of a risk IMO, I'll take a guy that got production and wasn't injured in Gordon or another back. You can't afford to waste a first round pick, and there's no way I take a RB that's been injured twice in the first round. Guys like Gordon put up monster numbers, and stayed healthy........I'd take one of them in a minute
Your strategy is definitely safer. I saw Charlie Casserley said Gordon would go for 1500 as a rookie for Dallas

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your strategy is definitely safer. I saw Charlie Casserley said Gordon would go for 1500 as a rookie for Dallas

Gordon and Gurley are nearly identical physically in terms of size and speed. I think Gurley is more athletic but I don't think Gordon is far off from him. The question is whether he's a product of the system that Wisconsin runs like a lot of his predecessors.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon and Gurley are nearly identical physically in terms of size and speed. I think Gurley is more athletic but I don't think Gordon is far off from him. The question is whether he's a product of the system that Wisconsin runs like a lot of his predecessors.
Before the injury, Gurley was listed 20 LB's heavier at 226 and running 4.4's at Georgia. Key there is "before the injury"

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not saying that it is firm they will be but every draft guru & board shows all 4 gone by #25

It's definitely not looking good for the guys I would like to snag in the first round, but we all know how often these draft prognosticators are wrong.

In regards to Gurley, or Gordon? I believe Gordon is the better fit for Dallas. I would be ecstatic if Dallas could land Gurley, but I would prefer Gordon. I believe Gordon is the perfect type of back for what Dallas is trying to do in the run game. One cut and go! Gordon has excellent field vision and is explosive through the hole.

That said, I want a CB (Collins or Johnson) in the first and Coleman or Ajayi in the second. I'm starting to lean more towards Ajayi over Coleman. No knock on Coleman, I just think Ajayi may be a better complement to what Dallas has in place already.

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't need a RB in the first round. There are too many good RBs in this draft to take one that high, even if there were one that was a clone of E. Smith. I don't even want us to take one in the second round. Too many needs on defense.

I'm very hopeful that Dmac might be more than what we saw in Oakland - at least enough to run behind a dominant line with a little bit of rotation. The only problem with that is that we won't really know until after the draft, so we do need to draft a RB at some point. I'm hoping it will be somewhere in the third or fourth round.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't need a RB in the first round. There are too many good RBs in this draft to take one that high, even if there were one that was a clone of E. Smith. I don't even want us to take one in the second round. Too many needs on defense.

I'm very hopeful that Dmac might be more than what we saw in Oakland - at least enough to run behind a dominant line with a little bit of rotation. The only problem with that is that we won't really know until after the draft, so we do need to draft a RB at some point. I'm hoping it will be somewhere in the third or fourth round.

I'm not saying Dallas needs to take a RB in the first round, but if Gordon and/or Gurley are there and guys like Collins and Johnson aren't, then why not?

Dallas has three positions that have questions marks right now -- CB, FS, and RB. Every other position has a guy that Dallas will be comfortable going into the season with. So we need starters at three positions and depth everywhere else. I don't see any issue with taking a guy like Gordon or Gurley at #27, if available they likely would be among the BPA and fill a definite need. A CB would be nice at #27, but a RB wouldn't be a bad consolation prize. I don't see any viable FS at #27.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying Dallas needs to take a RB in the first round, but if Gordon and/or Gurley are there and guys like Collins and Johnson aren't, then why not?

Dallas has three positions that have questions marks right now -- CB, FS, and RB. Every other position has a guy that Dallas will be comfortable going into the season with. So we need starters at three positions and depth everywhere else. I don't see any issue with taking a guy like Gordon or Gurley at #27, if available they likely would be among the BPA and fill a definite need. A CB would be nice at #27, but a RB wouldn't be a bad consolation prize. I don't see any viable FS at #27.

If Gurley or Gordon are there I'd be OK with taking one. They look like difference makers. If not one of them go elsewhere and find a back later. Too many RB's to be reaching.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Gurley or Gordon are there I'd be OK with taking one. They look like difference makers. If not one of them go elsewhere and find a back later. Too many RB's to be reaching.

I think they'll be gone, but if not, I feel that Dallas will be too tempted to grab one. They presumably get a big time back at a bargain price, and while the defense deserves attention, I think this would be one scenario that could lead them to stick to their board and go offense in the 1st round.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they'll be gone, but if not, I feel that Dallas will be too tempted to grab one. They presumably get a big time back at a bargain price, and while the defense deserves attention, I think this would be one scenario that could lead them to stick to their board and go offense in the 1st round.

I highly doubt either one is available at 27, therefore I say get a back later. Defense is this creams biggest need anyway. Hell if one is available and we take the best defensive player available I'd be more than OK with it.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I highly doubt either one is available at 27, therefore I say get a back later. Defense is this creams biggest need anyway. Hell if one is available and we take the best defensive player available I'd be more than OK with it.

That said, I'm hoping the BPA just so happens to play in the front 7. I'm beyond over the concept of getting an over-hyped CB to come in and supposedly change everything.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That said, I'm hoping the BPA just so happens to play in the front 7. I'm beyond over the concept of getting an over-hyped CB to come in and supposedly change everything.

I tend to agree. Cornerbacks seem to be the biggest crapshoot. Are we getting Mo Claiborne/Dee Milliner or a Desmond Trufant type?

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may not be popular but if P.J. Williams has DUI'd himself to Dallas I'd take him.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Through 5 rounds in the SportsHoopla draft, Dallas ended up with

RB Todd Gurley Georgia
FS Gerod Holliman Louisville
DE Mario Edwards Jr FSU
CB Steven Nelson Oregon State
DE Za'Darius Smith UK

There were a lot of different ways to go for the Cowboys. Could have had Malcolm Brown in the 1st and Jay Ajayi in the 2nd. This draft doesn't have an Andrew Luck at the top, but it is really deep in solid prospects IMO. Hopefully the Cowboys come away with 4-5 solid players