• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft needs

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, enough picking on Greg. Let's focus people.
Easy solution. If he stops calling people names every time they disagree with him, the number of times he's ''picked on'' will go down exponentially

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, typo. When you post "you're" instead of "your", it's obviously not a typo.

Dumbass

Here's the thing. I never pick on MB spelling errors unless someone else does so first. When you self proclaimed yourself as the grammar police I simply looked to see if you were error free. Took all of one post and you Mr. GP had errors too. Picking on spelling is a sure sign you've lost too many arguments.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How would you guys feel about this?

1st: Kevin Johnson CB, Wake Forrest
2nd: Tevin Coleman RB, Indiana
3rd: Preston Smith, DE Mississippi State
4th: Kurtis Drummond S, Michigan State
5th: David Parry DT, Stanford

That would be a pretty nice draft for Dallas as far as I am concerned

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That would be a great draft. I'm in the SportsHoopla Mock Draft for the Cowboys, and Johnson was gone before our pick at 27, and Coleman and Smith were both gone before our pick in the 2nd
I ended up trading my 2nd rounder for a 3 and a 4. I took RB Todd Gurley in the 1st round and FS Gerod Holliman with my next pick. Looking at it now, if I had taken DT Malcolm Brown in the 1st, the highest rated back on the board when we picked in the 2nd would have been Ajayi, so that would have worked out well too

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be a great draft. I'm in the SportsHoopla Mock Draft for the Cowboys, and Johnson was gone before our pick at 27, and Coleman and Smith were both gone before our pick in the 2nd
I ended up trading my 2nd rounder for a 3 and a 4. I took RB Todd Gurley in the 1st round and FS Gerod Holliman with my next pick. Looking at it now, if I had taken DT Malcolm Brown in the 1st, the highest rated back on the board when we picked in the 2nd would have been Ajayi, so that would have worked out well too

I admit my selections are a little wishful thinking. I do think Johnson and Coleman could be there when we draft, but Smith seems highly unlikely to be there when we pick in the 3rd.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took RB Todd Gurley in the 1st round and FS Gerod Holliman with my next pick. Looking at it now, if I had taken DT Malcolm Brown in the 1st, the highest rated back on the board when we picked in the 2nd would have been Ajayi, so that would have worked out well too

I would feel good about either of these scenarios. I'm not super sold on Holliman, but I wouldn't be upset if he was Dallas' pick.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wrap it up....I'll take it

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would feel good about either of these scenarios. I'm not super sold on Holliman, but I wouldn't be upset if he was Dallas' pick.
Yeah, the top 2 FS's were on the board, Derron Smith from Fresno being the other. Holliman isn't as physical, but the guy had a record 14 picks last year alone from FS. DT and Cornerbacks went like hotcakes

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say this about Gurley, if we got him, I wouldn't rush him back. Let McFadden, Williams and Randle have it the first half of the season, and then bring this kid in the 2nd half of the season in a Marion Barber closer type role, big back with speed and fresh legs

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to get more on the Jay Ajayi train. This kid looks like a potential every down type back. Good size, balance, and speed. Solid in the passing game. I could see him as the type of rookie who could come in and be productive right away.

Starting to seem like Coleman is probably a top of second round pick. I would be perfectly happy with Ajayi at the end of the second.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still want DT or CB in the 1st 2 rounds unless the value says otherwise. I think Randall can get the job done.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I admit my selections are a little wishful thinking. I do think Johnson and Coleman could be there when we draft, but Smith seems highly unlikely to be there when we pick in the 3rd.

don't think Johnson will be there at 27 i expect him to be gone around 20 or 21. that's why i think we may trade down into the 33 to 36 area, pick up and extra pick and go after PJ Williams and then Coleman at 60

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much s I don't like taking a RB in the 1st round, Gurley is a no-brainer if he is still there @ 27. Just too important to teams needs and maintaining team identity to risk passing on him. They still have enough back there to open season with so that they can work Gurley into rotation slowly. CB in the 2nd round. I like Rollins' play-making/ball skills and tough hard hitting ability, which will add some toughness to this defense. He is raw, but game-tape just doesn't lie. Could also plug him as a nickel corner or slide him to S.

Last edited:

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Gurley to set running game tempo, and a Rollins/P.J. Williams option in the late 2nd round (both tough physical corners, and both may now be expected to slide into the 2nd round for different reasons, that would definitely add some toughness severely lacking from this defense-see Seattle). Would be a great first two picks for them on both sides of the ball.

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much s I don't like taking a RB in the 1st round, Gurley is a no-brainer if he is still there @ 27. Just too important to teams needs and maintaining team identity to risk passing on him. They still have enough back there to open season with so that they can work Gurley into rotation slowly. CB in the 2nd round. I like Rollins' play-making/ball skills and tough hard hitting ability, which will add some toughness to this defense. He is raw, but game-tape just doesn't lie. Could also plug him as a nickel corner or slide him to S.

OK! Who are you and what did you do with Greg?

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd pass on Gurley. Guy can't stay healthy, and isn't healthy now. No way in hell you take him in the first round. You simply don't draft injured RBs with a history of knee problems that highly, it won't work out. If we're going RB in the first round, the kid to take is Gordon if available.

However, I'd prefer we went BPA or defense with the first two picks. If we get a RB, we need a guy with some power that can block.

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK! Who are you and what did you do with Greg?

*Disclaimer*

All this is assuming that either the Vikes ask for to much in return for a 30 year old RB with $45Mil in salary remaining on their books over the next 3 seasons...and assuming also that AP will not want to play for any team without any guaranteed money left on his contract obviously (can get injured or be cut at any time without virtually any team repercussions), let alone want to restructure any deal to ever play for them again.

If the AP asking price is too high, and/or if Vikes' management are silly enough to play chicken with AP at his price tag and paying that some of money that someone that doesn't want to be there, and practically getting nothing back in return after the draft if they don't decide to trade him, then you have to certainly look at the draft.

It's really Gurley. He is the best RB in this draft without question that has the most potential to step in and dominate behind this OL right away after the knee is 100%. Can see him playing full speed by mid-season, and their current group of Rbs being able to rotate just enough to keep their running game going with the creative use of Dez mixed in as well, at keeping opposing offenses off the field and less defensive exposure. I would even consider moving up in front of the Cards if Gurley was there, although I wouldn't give up my 2nd rounder to do that. If Gurley goes early to say the Chargers, I would trade back and then look at CB/RB in round 2 with both 2nd round picks. They need a physical corner and S...got to put the fear of God into those Wrs and set the defensive tone. This team is just too soft there now.

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd pass on Gurley. Guy can't stay healthy, and isn't healthy now. No way in hell you take him in the first round. You simply don't draft injured RBs with a history of knee problems that highly, it won't work out. If we're going RB in the first round, the kid to take is Gordon if available.

However, I'd prefer we went BPA or defense with the first two picks. If we get a RB, we need a guy with some power that can block.

Ok scout, now go to every mock draft at Walter's database and you will find that Gurley is a projected 1st round pick....lol....in every single one of their mock drafts. AP came back less then a year removed from an ACL tear, and tore up the league. Some scouts are now even comparing Gurley to AP coming out. He is clearly the best RB in this draft. To say that he is not 1st round material, is just plain stupid. With today's sports medicine advances, ACL tears are not nearly as feared as they were maybe 10-15 years ago. Kinda of a good break that he had it or else would definitely be out of their draft range.